Country Christian: tales of his life

Princes and Frogs

You hate men, is what you say
And I understand how you feel that way
All girls dream of a fairy tale


November 26 2:30ish pm

She jogs around the block to “blow off steam” as she likes to call it. The problem is this is the 12 jog she has taken this week. You do the math. She leaves the sins of her past behind her she speeds up faster. The pounds of her adidas echoing through the quiet neighborhood, wrecking the aura of paradise.

Her stress reducer

But you got’s like a used car salesman
Trying to conceal what’s wrong
Behind a smile and a song
And I’m not saying that boys are not like that


November 26 11:23 am

Guy number 3 had just left her broken again, shatter remains of a 2 year relationship still evident in the air. She lay on the floor tears dripping on to the ground soaking into the carpet, forever staining the spot with broken memories. The “He’ll be back” wishful thinking had lost all of its potential as soon as he threw his stuff in bags.

Her life ruined?

But I think you should know
That some of us will grow
Because…


November 26 5:00pm

She was still running, she lost feeling in her legs 14 blocks back. She did need to stop soon. Running low on fuel and bladder room. She finally decided on a caffeine boost. Starbucks. The Mecca for caffeine addicts, maybe if she never slept he would never haunt her. Standing in line, deciding what she should order she looked over and was preoccupied by a man having a heated debate with the presumed to be “Manager.”

He looks broken, and bruised……

All princes start as frogs
All gentlemen as dogs
Just wait till it’s plain to see
What we’re growing up to be
Cause some frogs will still be frogs
Some dogs will still be dogs
But some boys could become men


November 26 6:00 pm

She left, sympathetic. The man was torn and damaged she could see it in posture, and his lack of giving a crap. She knew it exactly because; she too is in the same state. But, for some reason he looked like a familiar face. His appearance forever tattooed in her memory. Where had she seen him before? She took a cab home, seeing as she was exhausted and the caffeine yet to fully kick in. Finally opening her front door, and sighing hoping that her guy would have been joking and sitting there on the couch. But, to her dismay he was still really gone.

Alone.

Just don’t kiss us till then

November 26 9:30 pm

She walked around turning of all the lights. Fully dressed in her night gown, she turned off the TV also, and the silence sets in. Car lights illuminated the recently darkened room. She watched as the dark car pull into a driveway at the end of the street. She stayed rooted in the same place as she watched two men drag someone into the house. “Another drunken bastard” she thought and shook her head in disproval.

Lying in bed she let her crying intoxicate her into sleep.