Crystal Shores

Chapter 2

I walked into my new, gigantic room and practically collapsed onto my bed Saturday night. I had been unpacking boxes and bags for two days and I was beat. I very seldom got a break to relax for two minutes before I had to unpack more and more whether it was clothes or dishes or furniture it was always something. After two days of hard work we were finally done for the most part just a few more boxes to try to find places for. I was thrilled to be done, but not so thrilled that my energy was at zero and I had school the next day. Jensen was pretty beat as well when he came stumbling into my room.

“Hey Jens, you need something?” I asked my brother and he fell face down into a pillow on my bed. I laughed and kicked him slightly. “Get off butthead, you have your own pillows.”

He started to say something into my pillow and I laughed more before he realized that I couldn’t exactly understand a word he was saying. “I am so friggen tired Hil. This has been the worst weekend ever in my entire life.”

“Yeah I know and we have to go to the academy tomorrow. Aren’t we oh so lucky?” I said and scowled like I had been for a while besides for those rare teeny tiny smiles I gave on occasion.

Jensen laughed a sarcastic laugh and said, “Oh yeah, so lucky. This is so stupid Hil, I mean come on a private school with uniforms. Give me a break. Tell me how beautiful we look with our black hair me having green highlights and you with your blue, tell me how beautiful that mixes with preppy uniforms?”

“Yeah I know, but hey, at least they’re black and white. Your black pants, white shirt and tie doesn’t look bad. Sure I absolutely HATE my black skirt and white shirt, but what choice do we have? Oh that’s right we-don’t-have-a-choice.” I said the last part emphasizing each syllable.

“Ugh. I know. Well we really should get to bed because we have to get up in like five hours. Night Hil,” Jensen said and slowly walked his aching body out of my room and down the hall to his own suite. I sighed and quickly changed into my pajama pants and a t-shirt before I hopped into bed, pulling the covers up to my chin and fell asleep.

I woke up early the next morning around five and was very, very tired still. It definitely wasn’t fun getting up for a new school or shall I say academy. I threw my covers off and walked to my bathroom. I pulled off my pajamas and turned the water on super hot, just the way I liked it. As I washed my black and blue hair I wondered how different Jensen and I would be at Crystal Shores Academy. I wondered if there would be any other kids like us. It worried me, but at the same time I was a little bit excited for the change…just a little. I turned off the water and dried off then dried my with which after I straightened. Then I walked into my closet and grabbed the new wardrobe.

I started with the knee high black socks and undergarments. Then I pulled on my skirt, which was pretty short for a school, definitely not even close to a three inch seem. I then pulled on a white cami before my white, casual, but dressy blouse. Then I put on my required flats. The flats happened to have already been mine and I loved them because they were black and white striped. I hoped that they were allowed because that was the only thing, articles of clothing included, remotely close to me. After I was done with that I didn’t look in the mirror right away, I first went to my makeup mirror and did my makeup. My blue-green eye liner stood out and my silver eye shadow made me stand out even more. I didn’t put much of anything else on as far as makeup went, I was extremely pale and I liked it that way. I then finally went over to my large head-to-toe mirror and took a look. It didn’t look bad, but it wasn’t the way I usually looked.

I grabbed my music note backpack that I made my mom buy me which she did because she still felt guilty about the move. I then exited my suite and skipped down the stairs to see Jensen standing in the kitchen and boy did he look like a riot. I had abruptly stopped when I had first saw him because he looked so different. I had never seen him dressed like that before, but he did look good, not going to lie. We ate our breakfasts fast and then hurried out to our Volvo to head for the new school. We had directions and hoped we wouldn’t get lost.

We reached the school in a matter of a mere thirteen, maybe fourteen minutes. It was huge and impossible to miss. It looked like a college campus, but only one building. I saw teenagers everywhere in the yard laughing and talking without a care in the world. My eyes were zooming in every way and then they halted at a group.

In the middle of the group I saw a girl with long blonde curly hair and she appeared to have been the center of attention. I saw a couple guys and another girl as well as a few other people. I didn’t know why I was so worried about this little clique I mean I didn’t even know them, but there was something about them that gave me a very, very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I felt the car halt and I realized Jensen had parked the car and was staring at the group as well. “I have a bad feeling about them,” he said quietly.

“Me too, but let’s go in and get our schedules and I am guessing a mentor for each of us to help us find where we need to go,” I said and climbed out of the car. Jensen didn’t reply but followed and as much as we didn’t want to we began walking to the academy doors, all heads turned to look at us as we walked and not one of them looked like us. Nobody was pale, but tan. Nobody had black hair or weird highlights, but plain brunette, blonde, or the occasional red. Heads turned and we were eyed suspiciously and many stuck up their noses. I heard myself gulp and we began to quicken our pace until we reached the doors and went in. then we slowed back down and walked into the office.

“Hello dears! Can I help you?” A lady behind the desk cheerfully asked us.

Jensen stepped up to answer, “Umm yes. We’re new here an-”

“Oh! You must be the Rose’s!” The lady whose name was Mrs. Mower interrupted. “I have your schedules right..” she rummaged through the papers on the desk, “HERE!” She handed us the schedules and then told us to wait there. Jensen and I only had one class together and it was after lunch. We waited until she came back and when she did she had two people with her. One was a boy and one was a girl. “Okay guys this is Jensen and Hillary Rose. Jensen and Hillary meet Drew Haley and Kirsti Buskins.” Jensen and I both said hello and they politely said hello back. “Alright well Hillary, Drew will be your mentor if you will and Jensen, Kirsti is yours. Have a great first day and feel free to come back if you have any questions,” Mrs. Mower said and returned to her desk.

I looked down at my feet and squirmed uncomfortably. Drew bent down, I was so short, and looked me in the eye. “Don’t worry, I don’t bite,” he said with a beautiful smile. I laughed and then followed him out of the office saying good luck and making plans to meet Jensen at lunchtime. “Well what do you have first?” Drew asked me and I looked at my schedule.

“Umm FST with Mr. Kneeley,” I said and Drew nodded.

“Me too! It’s a hard class but I’m sure you will like Kneeley, he’s cool.” Drew exclaimed and began showing me to where I was to go. As we walked all I saw were heads turning my way, staring at me intensely. It was like any newcomer was a different species. “Don’t mind them, they’re just curious,” Drew said and gave me a tiny push to move faster. When we entered the class more heads turned to gawk at me, but the teacher didn’t make me introduce myself he just merely introduced me to the class and had me sit by Drew.

The class went by way too slow and all people did was whisper about me and how I looked and I heard a mention of the name Adrian, but that didn’t make sense. When we left Drew dropped me at my next class which was AP English and then I was left all alone and it sucked. I told the teacher who I was and she told me where to sit. I recognized a couple people from FST in my class, but they didn’t appear to be friendly.

After class Drew was there and he showed me to my third class, history. I walked in and I recognized absolutely nobody. I repeated introducing myself to my teacher and going wherever they told me to. Then I got gawked at and then class ended after what seemed to be an eternity. I didn’t like this school already, it wasn’t going very well.

When lunch came Drew took me to the cafeteria which was gorgeous and bigger than any cafeteria I had ever seen before. I met Jensen by the doors leading in and then we walked in together. It seemed that everyone started whispering right at that moment, talking about us and I wanted to die. We got our food and found somewhere to sit and Drew and Kirsti followed with some of there friends whose names I don’t remember very clearly. I looked up from the table a couple times and when I did, I wasn’t very pleased with what happened.

The blonde girl from that morning seemed to be whispering to that same clique of friends and she pointed at Jensen and me not even caring that I knew she was. Every time she caught my eye she glared at me with such ferocity and I couldn’t help but wonder why. I hadn’t done anything wrong, I hadn’t even met her. I looked up and then my eyes rested on one table far in the back corner. I saw three people. Two guys and one girl and they appeared to look like Jens and I.

The girl had short blonde hair with black highlights and the guy that appeared to be the oldest had plain black hair. My eyes rested on the back of the other boys head. He had black hair with silver highlights and his form looked as if he turned around he would be beautiful. All three of them were as extremely pale as Jensen and I. Just then he did turn and I had realized that his friend/sister maybe had told him I was staring. The boy turned and looked at me, a smile playing with the corners of his mouth. He was the most beautiful boy I had ever laid eyes upon. His eyes were grey, just like the other two’s so I assumed they were all brother and sister. Then he turned around and my eyes fell to my tray of untouched food once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still a little plain, but it will unfold soon. Please keep reading.