‹ Prequel: Lies 1-50

True Confessions

Stars Fall On Our Heads.

I headed towards the forest, camera in hand. People who don't understand the light think that darkness falls from the sky.

It doesn't.

Darkness slides from the trees and fills then first, then spreads outward to the open places. It was so dark under the cover of the trees that I wished for a flashlight as I made my journey into the thickness.

A voice called my name from behind, but I was too engrossed to care. I wanted to fade into the darkness; wanted to blend in like the leaves did.

"True."

Ah, the voice again. I hated making them chase me, but what was I to do? I wanted escape, not contact. Not in that moment, certainly not when I was trying to run away.

"True, wait up!"

I sighed in frustration. "What?"

"Apple?"

He held out the apple and hopped over a branch. He was as agile as a deer and it freaked me out.

"No. Thanks."

"What are you doing up so late?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same question?"

"Touche."

"Yeah... Um, shouldn't you be getting home?"

Did I mention, at the time I was angry with the male sex. I hated them. I mean, I had nothing against Brendon, but he was just in my face at the wrong time. There's nothing like taking time to waste mine.

"Nope. I'm all ears."

He let out a small, geeky laugh and I couldn' t help but to grin a little. Of course I was going to stay friends with this boy. I liked him.

"You do realize, you are the biggest nerd I know."

"I know."

He sighed and I put my arms carefully around him. "I like it."

He grinned and I took the apple out of his hand. "Maybe just a bite."

I gave it back and took him by the hand.

"Follow me," I instructed as we wove through the branches.

There was a single bare area where the moonlight shined through and left a diamond shape naked on the ground. "This is my favorite place in the entire world. It's my secret." I whispered with confidence that he'd keep my secret.

I told him to stand in it, the light, and he got nervous.

"What? Why?"

"Because. Please?"

He listened, his finger slackening their grip on mine and also dropping the apple. I could tell he felt more exposed in that light than he ever had before in his life.

I pulled the camera up to my eyes and clicked the shutter a few times. He was shy in my line of vision, but I wanted to pull him out of it. Forget hating the male sex, I wanted more of it in that second.

I think he sensed it too, because suddenly he was kissing me. I didn't try to pull away, I let him kiss me. Sure, he was a stranger, basically. I needed it though. The normalcy of the explosion of emotion in my head was like a rush to every single ne of my senses.

His fingers were clawing into my clothes... And I didn't stop him. I think that diamond was trying to tell me something all along...
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah.
Next part will be slightly more graphic, nothing too drastic though. Don't go getting your panties in a bunch.
:D
---There is a section at the beginning of my story, within the first two paragraphs, that I took from a book called Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton. Do Not SUE. I'm putting this here so you are aware of the fact. I did not quote it because it would look weird in the story, but it's this section: "People who don't understand the light think that darkness falls from the sky.

It doesn't.

Darkness slides from the trees and fills then first, then spreads outward to the open places. It was so dark under the cover of the trees that I wished for a flashlight"

I did switch around a few things and words in there...

:D
-Tali-