‹ Prequel: Lies 1-50

True Confessions

Dying To Get Out.

"How was your visit?"

"Okay. Uncle Skinner embarrassed me a bit."

"Oh?"

He asked it like a question that needed an answer. I blankly stared ahead, waiting for the answer time slot to fade.

"So what's your favorite color?"

"Blue," he replied, "Because it's the color I see when I think about you."

I giggled a bit, nervously.

"That's sweet."

"Can I tell you a secret?" he whispered into my ear, "Please?"

"You can tell me anything."

There were little crawling caterpillars in my stomach as he leaned in even closer to me. I shivered even though I wasn't at all cold, and I thought my breath vaporized in front of me.

"I think I've fallen in love with this great girl. She's beautiful and kind and everything I want. She's gorgeous in more ways than looks. She's perfect. I want her to be mine. We can run away together, just her and I."

"Brendon... I don't know what to say..."

I was hoping with my entire heart that he was talking about me. Oh, to be loved! What more did I ever ask for? Were my dreams coming true, finally?

"Say you love me too."

"I love you too."

And I knew I meant it, in that very moment, because no other boy had made me feel how Brendon made me feel. He was a boy I could have children with. I could live with him forever, just us in a dreary world of thousands.

He put his lips to mine, his soft pink lips that tasted of berries. They were so sweet, so full. Compared to my dry, bitten lips they were heaven. I wanted to taste them forever.

God, the times I prayed for this very thing! How I begged and pleaded for someone to love me, and I found just that!

Inside me, little bubbles popped and danced around, the merriment of having the ability to exercise their tiny orbish bodies shining through.

"True?"

He broke the kiss and looked into my eyes. They were searching for something, but I didn't know what.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mean it?"

"Of course."

I draped my arms around his neck and pulled him down into the grass with me.

"Because I mean it."

"Thank you." I said it calmly and with a voice that was barely raised above a whisper.

"Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you love me."

"I do."

And he kissed me again. His hands wove themselves into me hair as he re-positioned himself on top of me.

"Will you run away with me?"

Our lips broke again and he whispered in reply, "Anywhere you want to go."

"Anywhere..." I repeated and pressed our lips together for a third time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah.
You think you know where tis is going.
You don't.
So don't try to guess...
Comments are appreciated.
And no, I still haven't found my Brendon.
<not urie, you guys, btw!>
<&#9829;>