‹ Prequel: Lies 1-50

True Confessions

New Head Filled Up With Smoke.

We drove all night. Into the darkness, our eyes traveled mindlessly.

We could not let go of our hopes. Our dreams. The way we felt when we were together. It was like we were infinite.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere far away."

"Where? I need to know. I have to drive to this place."

"Chicago…"

"Chicago," he whispered, repeating what I had said, his voice a song in my tired ears, "Alright."

I yawned and tilted my head back in exhaustion. I knew he was tired too, but I couldn't drive well enough for him to sleep without worry lacing his dreams and wrapping them in extensions of sorrow.

"Brendon?" I whispered, trying not to disturb him.

"Yeah, doll?"

He rubbed his eyes and yawned, blinking afterward to clear his eyes of the sleep beginning to wash over them.

I grabbed his hand, "Do you think we should stop? Maybe get a room? We are both exhausted…"

"Yeah, maybe."

"Brendon?"

"Yes, love?"

Oh, how I relished in when he called me love. Like the word was a name only he could use on me. He'd call me by it every once in a while, ripping the breath from my chest each time he'd say that word.

My voice faltered, I was still recovering from the shock of him calling me love. It shook me a new way, every time. "Ca-can we please stop? Please?"

"Sure," he said with a smile. Then with a tiny, brief laugh he added, "Do I really have that much effect on you that I make you stutter?"

I smiled. "Only when you call me 'love'."

"Love… I love you. You are the only person in the entire world that makes me feel this way. Do you think I'm going crazy?"

"No. Because if you're crazy, I'm crazy, too."

He leaned over and kissed my quickly, his eyes riveting back to the road almost instantly. My eyes lingered on his body though, I couldn't help but stare at him. His perfect eyes, those eyes that ran over me and I could feel his hands where their look touched. His mouth, the one I loved to kiss so much. How it regularly curled up into a smile, even if he wasn't doing anything that would make anyone else happy.

"Where do you want to stop?"

I took a deep breath, turning off the wild in my mind and calming myself down physically. "Anywhere. As long as I'm with you."

It was no secret that his parents were wealthy. He had lots of money stored in a bank from his allowance over the years… the total was nearly $100,000. The amount was ridiculous to me. I'd never even guess that my parents had made that much in their lifetimes combined! His allowance? What about when he wanted something for his birthday? Did his parents go out and buy forests in his name?

"How about the hotel up the road? Good?"

"Perfect."

The lights in my mind, whirring and sputtering came to a stop as we pulled into the parking lot. I don't remember how I made it to the room, I only know I did.

Our feet became muffled against the carpet and our hearts beat slowly and soundly.

We yawned simultaneously and crawled into bed. My eyes shut tight around the ideas in my head.

Suddenly, my reality became a dream and my dreams were no different than the day I had experienced.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...?
Sorry for the long wait...
I know it's been forever.
Though this IS Livy's story, I'd like to share it with Ricky and Francesca.
My love to you two is more than a fat kid loves his cake.
You three are my best friends.
:D
-Tali