‹ Prequel: Lies 1-50

True Confessions

Trying With All My Heart And Mind.

So you think you know me? You have no idea. The things I go through aren't at all what I want you to see, so I pretend, I stretch the truth a bit. Lies... well a lie isn't excatly what I'm doing, it's just sort of optional. Pick and choose your own description. I've just been letting you see the frosting on the cake, not the ingredients in it. So why is this so hard?

I miss everything about before. I shouldn't have said anything.

Art is slurring into a bore. Hence this plot, and everything dull about it. And the kid behind me who keeps poking me, grinning this shy little grin. He's cute... A little. His eyes are SO dark, despite his blonde hair.

"Hey, True!"

I let out a little gasp as his finger digs into my side.

"Travis!"

My heart sort of flutters... WOAH, weird reaction. Am I starting to let Luke go? After a few weeks, maybe it's healthy. But I still wish things were normal.

He grins and pushes his chair up towards my side. His arm is close to my hand and he begins wiggleing his pencil around, leaving a little mark on my paper ocassionally.

"Am I actually doing anything?" he asks, slyly letting a grin onto his lips again. He squints through his glasses.

To me? YES, oh yes, you are. But no, not really to my paper. You tease.

"No."

I let myself smile. He reaches over and plays with the bracelets on my wrist. "Can I have one?"

I count them, making sure there's an even number after I give him one, and hand a black one over. The kid across the table, Sam, asks if he can have one too.

"Nah, I only have a few left."

He's one of Travis's friends, this kid Sam.

Travis strokes my arm and I have to literally hold back shudders. "But you gave me one!" He whines, pleading with me for Sam.

I recount, and to my odd surprise, I find I do have an odd number still. Miscounting? Being wrong? An odd thing for me. Maybe it's the Travis effect.

"Oh alright."

I slide anothr black one off my wrist and hand it to Sam.

The bell rings and Travis smiles at me one more time before we leave the room. Outside the room, his arm slides around a girl's waist. She's in my math class next period. I wonder if it's his girlfriend, but then realize it's not. His girlfriend is someone he barely sees, I know that from a girl who's known the boy forever. Yes, I've been doing some research.

The next time I see Travis is before lunch, where he hugs me and smiles. God, I'm pathetic. Melting at smiles... Why don't I just fall off my square earth?

After lunch, I have just two draining classes to go through before I get to go home. Civics takes ofrever, Spanish just the same. And when I get to my locker, there's no need for words, Travis is there for me. He just stands and waits until I get my books, and we walk down the hall together. No "hello"s or "goodbye"s... Just silence.

Just the way I like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't exactly sure how to do this chapter. I hope it met your expectations.
:]