Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Thirteen

On the way home Justan told me jokes that made me laugh so hard I thought my gut was going to explode. I wasn't good at jokes, so I just let him tell them all the way there, and the trip seemed shorter than on the way here. I guess the saying "Time flies when you're having fun" is true, huh?

"Oh, Lillith! I am so sorry! I don't know what happened earlier! Did something happen to Crys?" I was bombarded by Daneese as soon as I walked in the door, and my eyes widened at the name. Where did she hear that name?! Only one person I've ever met has dared to call my mom Crys, because mom would always say that was a man's name, and she was far from a man. Actually, there was only one person ever allowed to call her that. It was her best friend...what was her name...?

"I- ummm ... How do you know that name?" I narrowed my eyes at her in suspicion.

"Oh! I knew her, we wer-"

"Mom! What are we having for lunch?!" Justan called from the door as he stepped in. I know he heard her talking to me. He was keeping something from me.

"Oh, dear! I nearly forgot! Hold on a minute Justan, I'll go ask Claudia to make something. What would you like Lillith?"

An answer. "Whatever Justan eats is fine with me." I smiled sweetly. "But only one plate." I added, giving an airy laugh. Daneese just smiled with a nod and headed off to the kitchen to tell Claudia we were hungry. I guessed that she didn't like the fact that Justan asked about lunch before she got an answer.

"So, what are you hungry for?" I shrugged. Honestly, I wasn't hungry at all, I wanted to know what the hell was going on. "You're eating what I eat?" I nodded with a small smile. "Brave one." He snickered, and I followed him into the dinning room with a questioning look.

"So, anyways, back to what we were talking about." Daneese said when I walked in, as if we were never even interrupted. "What's going on with your mother that made you so upset?" What about my answer?

"She's .... dead ..." I said slowly. How did they not know about the past 2 years? If Justan bought me, surely Daneese gave him permission. Her face looked shocked, and sad. She looked as if she were going to cry, but at the same time, she looked like she didn't understand one word I just said.

"But...how...she....huh?" She now sounded, and looked like a confused teenager that lost her best friend.

"She's dead." I repeated, my emotions running cold as I ignored the pit in my stomach that always erupted with angry butterflies when I talked about her and what happened that day.

"Since when?!" Daneese asked franticly. I just walked over to the table as if what we were talking about was no big deal at all.

"2 years ago." I stated, I didn't really want to say it was my birthday, but if she kept pressing at it, I would have to.

"When, 2 years ago?" She sat next to me, looking anxious. Why do you have to be so damned nosy?! Claireese came out with 3 plates that had 2 sandwiches that looked like a grill cheese and a bowl tomato soup set upon them neatly. She placed one of the plates in front of me with a apologetic smile, and I just gave her a reassuring one in return.

"On my birthday." I said as I took a bite of one of the grill cheeses in front of me. Justan dropped the sandwich he had in his hand with his mouth hung wide open, and Daneese's hand was over her mouth the second the words passed my lips. They were both looking at me with wide eyes. "What?" I looked between them with a raised eyebrow.

"Yo-you're so calm about it. Doesn't it bother you?" Daneese asked in amazement, after she removed her hand from her mouth. I just sighed and placed my sandwich back on my plate calmly.

"If I knew that you wanted to know so much about my past and my feelings on the events that have passed, I would have written you a little essay about me before I came to stay in your home." I said bitterly as I stood up and left the dinning room. Daneese looked utterly amazed that I said that much, and Justan just looked confused. Probably as to why I was acting the way I was.

I walked up the stairs to the bedroom. Thankfully, I'd memorized my way to the room, but no where else. When I opened the door, the first place I thought to sit was in my usual spot next to the bed, so that's exactly where I sat, and thought. Talking of my past, usually resulted in me thinking of it as well. Sadly, that's precisely what happened, but with much more detail than I would have liked.

"L-lilli." My mom breathed out as she lay on the ground, blood slowly flowing out from under her. Most people have been long gone. It was just me, dad, and mom's family. But, everyone was screaming their heads off at the scene unraveling in front of our eyes.

"Yes momma?" I asked softly, kneeling beside her. I knew she was dieing, and I didn't want her to leave, she just got home, she couldn't go.

"I- I love you baby. Please remember that. Something is going to happen, and you might not like it. But, just know-" She drew in a rigid, shallow breath. "I did it for your own good, and because I only want what's best for you." I felt salty tears sting my eyes as her hand caressed my face softly. I leaned my face into her hand as I nodded.

"I'll do whatever you want momma, just don't leave me, please." I cried out. She can't leave, she just can't, I'll be all alone.

"Baby, don't forget I love you, okay? Please, always remember that for me." I nodded vigorously as I gently laid myself on her, giving her a soft hug. I felt her draw her last breath, she gave me her last words, and I was her last touch. I began to sob, begging her to come back, begging her not to leave me.

"Lilli, sweetie, you have to let go." My dad said softly, not one tear staining his face. Why isn't he crying?

"No!" I screeched. "She can't leave! She just can't!" I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me away from her dead body, and into a hug as my sobs shook my body violently.

"Shh, it'll be okay. Everything will be alright." He mumbled into my hair, rubbing my back.

My eyes slowly closed, and I fell asleep right there in my dad's arms. In the grass, beside my dead mother.


I could feel something cold hit my hand that lay in my lap. My eyebrows scrunched as I brought that hand up to my face, gently touching beneath my eye. I was ... crying. I didn't even realize it! How can you cry and not know it?

"Lillith?" Justan whispered as the door creaked open. For some, odd reason, I pressed my body to the floor, and pushed myself up under the bed. "Lillith, you in here?" He asked softly. I watched his feet walk over to where I was just sitting, then I saw his knees come into my view. His hand wiped the floor, and just then, I realized it was shimmering. I had cried so hard that I left a small puddle on the floor. That ... I dragged under the bed when my body swept across it. Damn!

"What the hell are you doing?" Justan asked, amusement playing with his words, and he lay on the floor looking at me.

"Uhh...hide-and-seek?" I offered, causing him to chuckle at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long.
Not feeling so well.