Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Nineteen

"C'mon Clair!" I laughed. Yep, it's been 3 hours, and I've already given her a nickname. Actually, we're friends now.

"N-no, I don't think I- I can't." She laughed nervously, going to put her shoes back on.

"Awe, yes you can!" I laughed as I slid over to her, pulling her with me. Thankfully, she wasn't in that ridiculous maids' outfit, and was just in jeans and a white tee-shirt, with socks; of course.

You see, we were cleaning the floor, when I remembered something my mom and I would do while cleaning the only hardwood floor in our house. So, I told Claireese to take her shoes of, put them by the door, and come with me back into the "ballroom". With that, I started to slide around the slick floor, in my socks. Of course I laughed hysterically when Clair fell on her butt, but I helped her up and we tried again. We've collided twice, and now she's afraid to slide down the banister with me. I didn't know I could have this much fun again.

"Oh, alright!" She laughed as we trotted up the stairs. Once at the top, I sat on the banister like you would a horse, after telling Claireese that you can sit with your legs over the side, or the way I did. Once she was situated, the same as me, for "it seems more safe that way", we began to slide down. I squealed happily nearly the whole way, and Clair laughed at my childish behavior.

"And how old are you?" She laughed once we were on our butts down at the bottom.

"Sixteen," I laughed, and it seemed contagious, for she started laughing too, "you?"

"Fifteen," she smiled, "sixteen in 2 days." My eyes widened.

"No way!" She just nodded, eying me curiously. "I'm throwing you a party!" I laughed, standing up and pulling her with me.

"Uh-"

"Yeah! And .. well, we have to wait for Justan to leave, but it'll be fun!" She sent me a bright smile, and I pulled her back on the floor. "Now, excuse me while I power slide." I smiled as I ran to the other end of the room, sliding on my socks for special effect, causing Clair to laugh. "Okay, watch it." I smiled, as she stood to the side. I took a deep breath, and ran about halfway across the large room, nearly loosing my balance, before dropping to my knees and sliding, by accident, out of the ball room completely.

Sadly, the next room was carpet, and I didn't get too far before falling flat on my face.

"That was awesome!" I laughed, turning around and looking toward the ballroom, pulling carpet pieces out of my mouth. Clair looked terrified, and I sent her a questioning look. "What are you-" I turned around to where she was staring and nearly shit myself.

There Justan was standing, at the front door, leaning in the doorway, a big smile across his face, staring at me. However, when my eyes landed on him, my eyes widened, and his face turned cold.

I shot up quickly, bowing to him as he closed the door. "I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to..um...sorry." I stuttered, terrified that he would hurt me just like dad did. I thought I heard him sigh, but convinced myself that it was just my imagination. "I'll just ... go." I mumbled, turning around and walking swiftly into the ballroom. Clair started giggling as we walked over and picked up the cleaning supply.

I couldn't bring myself to laugh, or even giggle. I was scared of him now, and I really didn't want this to happen.

A sound of something crashing, or breaking, made me jump nearly a foot off the ground, causing Clair to burst into laughter. I slapped her arm playfully, before walking back through the ballroom, and into the main room. My eyes widened when they landed on the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't going to update again today ... but when I re-logged on and saw the comments, they made me smile so wide my cheeks hurt ... so here I am ... updating again =3 Thank you commenters ... I'm being lazy right now and not replying directly ... But I think Em might have a little thing for Justan xP Just playin', lol ...