Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Twenty-three

I couldn't help but just stand and watch him walk away, that is, before reliving a part of my life I had remembered not long ago.

I walked out of my back door with a sad face. I haven't seen my mom all day, and it was my birthday. She told me she would be home from her business trip, yesterday. She even promised. But, she's still not here.

"Come on Lilli, smile." My dad held my shoulders from behind me, and kissed my cheek. A small smile crept onto my face.

"But, daddy, she's still not-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLI!!!" Screamed my back yard as I opened the sliding rice door. You know, the ones they have in Japan. I loved that door. My eyes widened with tears when I saw who was standing in front of everyone.

"Momma!!!" I screamed as I ran to her. She let out a nervous laugh and rapped her arms securely around my back.

"You didn't think I forgot, did you?" I looked up at her and shook my head rapidly, burying my face back in her chest. It was a bit weird, and I thought some perverted things, but I pushed it all aside, and squeezed her tighter.

"I missed you mommy." I said like a 4 year old, instead of a 14 year old.

"I missed you too baby. I promise, no more 2 month business trips for me, okay?" She pulled me away and smiled than sweet smile she always had when she was trying to make me feel better.

"Deal." I laughed as I shook her hand. Then, I headed over to the long wooden table that had presents and a very large cake that was covered up.

I groaned in frustration when I saw the white cover over the top of the cake.

"Why?!" Everyone laughed at me as I went to pull it off. My mom slapped my hand away and I pouted at her.

"Not until we're ready." She said, waving her hand in the air. I looked around, and noticed all my friends from school and all of my family were pulling out earplugs. Then, my eyes fell on him. My eyes widened and I screamed. My mom scrunched her eyebrows and looked to where I was looking, then sighed.

I ran toward him and glomped him in a hug, knocking us both to the ground.

"Hey Lillith, nice to see you again too." He laughed.

"Jeremie! I missed you oh-so much! Where the hell did you go?!" Someone popped me in the back of my head, causing my lips to land on Jeremie's. My eyes widened and I pulled away quickly. "OhmygodI'msososorry." I said quickly. He just chuckled a bit and shoved me off, right before standing up and holding a hand out to me.

"It's all good." He smiled that amazing smile he had. I'd have to admit I did have a small crush on him. But, someone amazing as him couldn't care about someone like me. "Let's go have some cake, shall we?" He laughed, and I smiled with a nod.

"Yes, lets." I was so excited. Me and Jeremie have been friends since I was 4, and I haven't seen him in nearly a year. Then, his mom popped into my head. "Where's Aunt Neese?"

"Hey hunny!" I heard the sugar-honey voice yell. My eyes widened and I turned around to face the one woman, besides my mom, that I loved and trusted.

"Aunt Neese!" I ran up to her and jumped on her. Thankfully, she was pretty strong and picked me up, swinging me.

"Damn girl, you're so small! We're gonna have to fix that for you." She smiled as I let out a small giggle.

She set me down and I made my way to the big table. This has to be the best birthday ever.


Tears came to my eyes as I fell back into reality. I was going to let them fall, when I heard Daneese's voice.

"When are you going to tell her?! She deserves to know! And Crys isn't around to tell her anymore!" The break in her voice was audible, and my knees nearly gave out on me.

I slowly made my way to the door, peeking around the dark wood and into the hallway through a crack. My heart almost stopped. Daneese was crying into Justan's shoulder. How could I have forgotten them? How could I do that? But, Jeremie wasn't Jeremie, he was Justan. There was that something about him that was in Jeremie, but.. He's just not the same anymore. He's too harsh, and too mean. I just .. couldn't.

I started to cry softly, and made my way to the bed. I couldn't take this. How could my mom do this to me? How could she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh-so dramatic ....
Well, anyways ... I'm being lazy today and not writing to people here. Uhhh .. don't have much else to say ... 0.o