Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Twenty-five

"Alright. So we almost got it. Your mom died on your fourteenth birthday, and your dad started to abuse you, in more ways then one?" Claudia started. I nodded, considering I still couldn't talk.

"And then he sold you two years later and Master Justan bought you." I nodded again as Claireese set some soup in front of me.

"Master Justan was nice, and you weren't sure why. Then, you come to find out that he was a little boy you basically grew up with." A smile cracked onto my face as I nodded vigorously.

"And that little boy was one your mother picked out to protect you and be your best friend?" I smiled with another nod.

"But, her bodyguard had become her husband, and you're afraid of that?" I shook my head softly.

"No, she doesn't like the way Jeremie -whom is actually Justan- turned out, and that her father basically lied to her and cheated Master Justan out of his money." I had said nothing about those things, causing my eyes to widen when I nodded. Claireese smirked at how well she had done.

"Okay, so why were you crying?" I looked down as Claudia asked her question. Honestly, I was crying because I was in love with Jeremie. But after my birthday, he just disappeared. Now I find him and he's a big jerk...?

"Lil? You still in here?" Claireese and Claudia's eyes widened as we all looked at each other in panic. I tried to clear my throat to speak, but it didn't help.

"Mmhmmm." Was all I could get out without my throat feeling like it'd tear apart.

"Why are you in here?" Justan asked Claudia and Claireese with slitted eyes.

"Ummm ... We were ..." Claireese tried, but she was obviously frightened.

"We were helping her feel better. She didn't feel too well, so we brought her soup and were giving her a nice...pep talk." Claudia smiled at me, which I returned, as I nodded at Justan.

"Why won't you talk?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Her throat hurts from c-" Claudia put a hand to Claireese's head.

"She has a sore throat. Which is why we brought the soup." Claudia smiled at Justan's suspicious glare. She's really good under pressure. I wonder how old she really is.

"Alright then. You can leave now." Justan said, his words sounding harsh.

"Yes sir." They chimed at the same time, although with much different tones. As soon as they were out the door, my head was down and I began to eat my soup. Hmm...chicken soup.

"Are you alright?" Justan asked, his tone and expression showing worry as he sat beside me. I nodded, not looking up and continuing to eat. "Are you upset at me?" He asked, caution in his voice now. I just shook my head, and a bit of tension evaporated from the air.Even if it wasn't a completely true nod. "Does your throat really hurt?" He asked, and I finally looked up at him with an eyebrow raised and a nod. "Just checking. Making sure they didn't lie." I gave a slight nod and went back to my soup. "Is it a sore throat?" This time, I just shrugged. I didn't want to lieagain, but I didn't want to tell the complete true either. "Hmm." Was all he said. I didn't make any motion but my hand going to and from my mouth after that.

All the sudden, Justan took my chin in his hand and looked into my eyes. SHIT! Justan blinked, a look of pure confusion and astonishment on his face.

"You were...crying?" He asked and I answered with a nod, pulling my head from his fingers to look back at my bowl. Sadly, he wanted to look at my face, whether I liked it or not, and pulled my face back up. "And you're throat is sore, because you were crying?" He asked, his voice now demanding. Is he bipolar or something? I nodded again, not knowing what else to do. "Why were you crying?" His face was now soft with concern. I looked down and it seemed to piss him off.

"Why?!" He demanded. I just whimpered. I couldn't answer him, that would require my voice, which I now found was lost. Before he got violent, I brought my hand up and rubbed my throat, trying to tell him I couldn't talk. "Oh, oh, oh, I'm so sorry." He pulled me into a hug, and I couldn't stop my arms from going around him in return.

For now I was safe, but what'll happen when I have to explain it all later?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright .. so I apparently accidentally made 2 of the last chapter ... so I feel bad ..
Thanks iraisah for telling me ... you actually made me feel bad =P Soooo .. here ya go ...
lol ... this chapter is for you xP