Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Twenty-six

"Check mate." A smile cracked my face as Justan moved his piece. Once again, he won. Just like old times. I don't think I'll ever beat him at chess. "Think you can talk yet?" He sighed. I don't really blame him for being bore. 5 straight hours ofwinning chess can do that.

I opened my mouth and strained my vocal chords. "Yes." It came out scratchy and raspy; as if I hadn't used my voice in years. None-the-less, a smile showed on his face.

"You sound ill," he teased, "let me help you with that." He leaned over the crystal chess set (which felt like cool, somehow solid, water in my hands) and put his lips right onto mine. I didn't respond, at all; I didn't know how to. He wasn't the person I cared about, and I couldn't pretend that he was.

When hefinally realized that I wasn't going to share his affection, he pulled away. It didn't take long for me to see the hurt in his eyes.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked, sitting back in his chair properly.

"No." It still hurt to talk, but I just had to get over it. I had to get all this over with and talk to him.

"Then what's wrong?" You're an ass.

"You lied to me." Tears welled up in my eyes. Not only did he lie to me, but my mom put me into a position I never wanted to be in.

"How did I lie?" He sounded so confused, and his face was hurting me.

"You told me your name was Jeremie." I looked down at my hands. Even though that was so long ago, it still hurt now.

"I had to though." His voice was risen slightly, and defensive. Did he really care though?

"Then you told me you were Justan. You didn't have to do that." No, he could have told me his name was Jeremie. He could have told me from the start.

"No, but- " He just stopped.

Eventually, I looked up. When I did, I saw a sight that I never thought I'd see.Jeremie Justan was crying. Crying! I don't understand him. He's different. Way too different.

I wanted to ask what's wrong and why he's so different. But, I wasn't sure if I should, or could. What's most confusing and brain racking about it all though, is that he didn't start acting strange until he found Matty with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's another shorty ... I'm sorry ... but I need some sleep xP
And if you saw the other two .. I'm sorry ... my computer was going slow and I got impatient =/