Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Forty-six

“You sure you’re okay? Don’t need me to come and put my foot up their asses, do you?” Yeah! Do it!

“No daddy, I’m fine.” A faint smile played with the features of my face; he was finally being a real father again.

“Miss. Cartwritght, I’m going to need you to get off the phone for a little while.” I sighed and nodded at the young nurse; it was probably time to clean my leg. 2 weeks, and she’s finally got it down pact.

“Alright, I’m gonna have to let you go dad.” Why are you being nice to him? Just giving in to all of those years of torture?

Because, all he was doing was letting out his hurt and frustration; I was there, and he just so happened to have chosen the wrong path. I can’t hold that against him.

“Why? Are they keeping you from talking to me?” Still possessive a bit, but getting better none the less. Yes you can, and you should!

“No, of course not! I just need to go wash up, Justan is taking me out later.” My attempt to lie would hopefully be taken; he didn’t need to worry about me, I could worry about myself just fine. Besides, he already had the pressure of redeeming himself.

“Oh, alright. Well, could you make sure to call me when you get back?” It wasn’t a total lie. I kept trying to tell myself that what I did wasn’t wrong; my conscience had a problem with me lying to him, still after all these years.

“Yes sir, of course I will! Just as long as it isn’t too late.” I smiled over at the nurse and held my hand up, asking to give me just one more minute. She sighed and nodded, tapping her wrist for me to hurry it up.

“Alright, I love you baby girl.” My small frown -that I didn’t notice had come to my face -let up, and changed to a slight smile.

“Talk to you later,” I muttered, wishing he would just hang up so I wasn’t being such a nuisance to my nurse.

“Alright, bye.” I waited to hear the dial tone, confirming that he had hung up, before I turned Justan’s cell phone off myself.

I nodded over at the woman -I couldn’t remember her name to save my life -with an apologetic smile, hoping to let her know that I was ready for her to do her job; I really did feel bad though. Even if she hadn’t meant for me to, I heard her grunt and bring the sponge and little pink tub of water over to my bed.

“That’s a very nice thing you’re doing for your dad there.” Her words caused my head to tilt slightly in confusion; what did I do? “Not telling him that you’re in the hospital; not many folks need to be worrying about those kinds of things when they don’t have to be." I sent her a small smile, and mumbled a “thank you”.

“Is he your boyfriend?” My eyebrows knitted and I followed the way her head had jerked; over to the sleeping Justan.

“Oh, umm, no; he just, umm…” I couldn’t seem to find words to put together. Was I allowed to tell people what was going on? Would she think I was insane if I did tell her? Was he my boyfriend?

“That’s all I need to know,” she smiled at me.

“Huh?” But I didn’t say -”

“Sweet heart, you’re blushing .” A wide grin broke her cracked, red, chapped lips when my hands reached up and covered my flaming cheeks.

“So…” I muttered, not wanting to admit aloud that I did, in fact, care for Justan. But what about Matty? I had to think about him too…I thought that I liked him…..

“So, you like him, even if he is just a good friend.” My eyebrows knitted again, and my eyes trailed over to Justan’s sleeping form.

“But I -” I stopped myself, I do like him more, don’t I?

“And what about that other boy?” My nose scrunched up, along with my eyebrows; had she met Matt?

“What other boy?”

“The one with the dark brown hair that comes after everyone is usually asleep.” I cocked one eyebrow and just stared at the nurse dumbly. “Oh, wow,” she sighed, “a guy comes in after most patients are sleeping; he comes to see you! He has dark brown hair and a lip ring.” I was still oblivious, and I started to feel stupid as well. “He has sea green looking eyes, and the receptionist said -” I was gone before I could hear more; trying to think of who I knew that fit that description.

It didn’t take very long; the person flashed across my vision, and I almost gasped. Matty? He does come to see me? Why is it only when I’m sleeping though? Is he afraid of -

“Ah!” I gasped as a spasm of pain shot through my leg; it sometimes happened when she had to clean the large gashes that had found there way there somehow.

“Sorry hun.” She smiled up at me sheepishly from her post down by my leg.

“Was his name Matthew by any chance?” Saying his name that way felt weird in my mouth, but that’s usually the name he uses with people he doesn’t know, or when he’s not comfortable with them.

“Yes! That was it, Matthew; and what a good looking boy he was.” I forced out a smile at her last words.

Yeah, that he is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh look! I got one up! Wow .. I'm surprised, haha ..
Alright, this is serious, I really need to know if anyone is confused or has any questions, because I'm planning on ending this really soon, and I want all confusion out of the way .... So .. yeah .. that's it =) Thanks.