Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Fifty-five

“So, how’d it go?”

“Great. We decided to be friends.”

“Oh, that’s good.” I could hear a slight smile in Justan's voice. “So are you ready to come home?” A smile grew on my own face before my eyes landed on a small store across the street.

“Not quite yet.”

“Why not? What are you doing?”

“No worries,” I laughed, “I just don’t want to be home yet.”

“But -”

“Alright. To be honest, it’s been a while since I’ve been in a town or around other people, so I wanted to get used to it.”

“How are you talking to me? When did you get a phone?” Talk about random.

“Matt has one,” I laughed.

“Oh, okay” What’s his issue? Hmm..

“Why?”

“Umm… No reason.”

“Fine, be that way.”

“Okay, don’t be mad! I’ll tell you.”

“Alright,” I laughed; I wasn’t mad.

“I was going to buy you one.”

“Oh, thank you!” I wanted to hug him so badly.

“Well, you ruin the surprise.”

“I’m sorry.” I could just picture his pouting face; it made me want to laugh.

“It’s fine. You go ahead and do what you were going to do. Make sure to get a hold of me when you’re ready.”

“Just meet me at the restaurant in an hour.” I smiled over at Matt.

“Alright, see you later.”

“Love you.” There was a silence that made me nervous. Too soon to say it?

“I love you too.” The dial tone on Matt’s cell told me he’d hung up. Things I would’ve screwed up to make him just hang up like that ran through my head, causing panic to rush through my body. I said it too soon.

“Thank you Matty.” I smiled widely at him and handed the weird, touch-screen phone back to him.

“No problem sweetheart.” I smiled wider, hoping not to show how upset I was that I messed up.

“I’m glad that we’ll stay friends.”

“Of course. I’ve had this girl pinning over me for a while now, so I guess it’s a good thing.”

“Well, I’ll see you later then.” I got up and hugged him.

Before he left though, I had a hundred dollar bill slapped in my hand. What? I looked up at Matt with a curious look.

“I saw you eying that store,” he grinned at me, “knock yourself out.” I gave him a big hug and a grateful smile after pulling away.

“Thanks.”

I watched Matt get in his Prius and leave, before heading over toward the store.

I got the feeling of somebody watching me back right before I walked in.

What is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, why not two in one day? =) Owe ya that much ^.^
So .. umm .. I have this feeling that this isn't as good as it used to me.. Just me?
Err... Hope y'all still think it's good though =D
Although, I do have a very strong feeling that a lot of y'all are going to hate the ending .. 0.o