Sequel: Stolen
Status: There's a sequel after all.

Sold

Nine

I shook my head as tears came to my eyes.

"Excuse me." I squeaked before getting up and running out of the room, causing some tears to slip from my eyes. I ran up the stairs that I remembered from the night before, and found the door to the room which my bags were in. I flew to the bed, and went back to where I sat this morning when I fell out of the bed. I brought my knees to my chest and sobbed into them.

Why did she have to ask that? My sobs got heavier as thoughts of my 14th birthday filled my head. I found myself reliving the day.

I walked out of my back door with a sad face. I haven't seen my mom all day, and it was my birthday. She told me she would be home from her business trip, yesterday. She even promised. But, she's still not here.

"Come on Lilli, smile." My dad held my shoulders from behind me, and kissed my cheek. A small smile crept onto my face.

"But, daddy, she's still not-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLI!!!" Screamed my back yard as I opened the sliding rice door. You know, the ones they have in Japan. I loved that door. My eyes widened with tears when I saw who was standing in front of everyone.

"Momma!!!" I screamed as I ran to her. She let out a nervous laugh and rapped her arms securely around my back.

"You didn't think I forgot, did you?" I looked up at her and shook my head rapidly, burying my face back in her chest. It was a bit weird, and I thought some perverted things, but I pushed it all aside, and squeezed her tighter.

"I missed you mommy." I said like a 4 year old, instead of a 14 year old.

"I missed you too baby. I promise, no more 2 month business trips for me, okay?" She pulled me away and smiled than sweet smile she always had when she was trying to make me feel better.

"Deal." I laughed as I shook her hand. Then, I headed over to the long wooden table that had presents and a very large cake that was covered up.

I groaned in frustration when I saw the white cover over the top of the cake.

"Why?!" Everyone laughed at me as I went to pull it off. My mom slapped my hand away and I pouted at her.

"Not until we're ready." She said, waving her hand in the air. I looked around, and noticed all my friends from school and all of my family were pulling out earplugs. Then, my eyes fell on him. My eyes widened and I screamed. My scrunched her eyebrows and looked to where I was looking, then sighed.

I ran toward him and glomped him in a hug, knocking us both to the ground.

"Hey Lillith, nice to see you again too." He laughed.

"Je-"

"Lillith, you in here?" A voice that wasn't at my party said, knocking me from my past.


"Lillith, are you okay? What happened?" I looked up and saw Justan walking over. I shook my head and buried it back into my knees. "Awe, come on, if you can talk to the maids, why can't you talk to me?" He whined, which made me giggle.

"Cause." I said, muffled by my knees.

"Cause why?" I heard the bed squeak, indicating that he was getting on the bed. I felt a finger poke my ribs, causing me to giggle. "Oh, what do we have here? You're ticklish." He teased me. I shook my head and tried to get away, but a pair of arms gripped around my waist, and I was hoisted up onto the bed. "Yes, you are." Justan laughed form next to me, as he began tickling my sides.

"O-okay, I give!!" I squealed like I use to when my dad and mom would team up on me and do this kind of thing. Thinking of those times made my eyes tear up and I sighed, sitting up as Justan pulled his hands away from me.He was laying there, looking up at me.

"What?" I laughed at him. No, I didn't sound sweet and nice. But, in a weird way, I felt comfortable around him.

"Nothing." He laughed back. "So, you ready to talk?" I sighed deeply and turned myself so I was facing him.

"Since you want to so badly, sure." I smirked at him as he sat up, cross legged. I pulled my legs, and mimicked his position.

"Okay, I'll let you ask questions." He stated.

"Fine. Why is your mom .. so ... nice to me? She doesn't even know me." I asked.

"Because, she's ... weird." He laughed, and I giggled at his answer.

"Okay then. Why are you so nice to me?" He stiffened and he looked a bit nervous.

"Because you seem pretty cool, and I have no reasons to not be nice." He shrugged and I laughed. He looked at me with a smile.

"What's with the attitude you had at the auction?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, and pointing out that I noticed his change.

"I was always told that you have to act tough if you want to win things like that." He smirked at me.

"Alrighty then. Why do you hate my dad so much?" I asked. I really wanted to know why. I could tell that he didn't like him, just by the way he looked at him.

"He's a jerk. Besides, he pissed me off." He smirked, and I laughed at him, causing him to laugh.

"Why am I here?" I asked the question that was bugging me since the auction, getting serious in an instant.

"Your dad sold you." He said matter-of-factly, with that same smirk.

"No shit." I laughed. "Why did you bid so high to get me though?" I heard his deep sigh and saw his face get completely serious.

"Okay. Your mom," He paused when I stiffened. "You can't get upset when I talk about her if you're going to ask questions and want the truth." I nodded, signaling him to continue. "Your mom wanted you to be with someone that she trusted when you got older. She wanted you with someone she knew, and someone that she knew you would love, or at least care about. So, she called up her friends that had sons when you were about 4 to 7 years old, and let you hang out with each of them. You spent at least 3 months playing with them almost every day. You had no idea what was going on, of course, but she picked the one you grew closets to. To be -" He just stopped and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"To be what?" I asked, now he got me curious, he couldn't just stop like that!

"You know what? That should be for another time. How about a different question?" He gave a camera smile, trying to change the subject. Fine, I'll play your stupid little game. But, you will answer me.

"Okay, fine." I grunted and he smiled in victory. "Tell me why you really don't like my dad." I knew what he said before was bullshit, and I wanted the truth. He sighed again, and looked at me.

"Maybe this just isn't the time to ask questions."

"But you sa-"

"I know, and I'm sorry that I got you all curious." He laughed at me. "But, this just isn't the time." He looked at my face, which was twisted in anger. How could he just do that? That's so not fair! "Let's go do something!" He said suddenly.

"When do I get my answers?" I asked, thinking of how he cut himself off earlier.

"About a week." He smile innocently, causing me to grunt.

"Ugh! Fine. But you owe me." I laughed.

"You betcha." He smiled, pulling me off the bed and out the door. What in the world happened to the cool, calm, and collected Justan? I laughed to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I am a retard .... *sigh* I was being mean and was gonna wait until someone commented before I posted again .... and it turns out I didn't know how to look for the little buttons with the number of the pages of comments on them..... Can you say retard? LoL, so ... yeah, sorry for the extra wait..... <3 ya readers ^w^