Kitsune Twins, The Demon Cronicles

It Starts & Enter the Kumori Twins

“How shall we travel Brother?” I asked as I turned my head slightly to the left to view my brother, and his mischievous teal eyes.

“Cloud, jutsu, or shadows?” he asked back, for apparently neither one of us wanted to walk anywhere.

“Hmmm… How about jutsu? We haven’t used that one in a while.” A grin spread across our faces and we quickly disappeared in a cloud of smoke to the near by village of Konoha-kagure, the village hidden in the leaves.

;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;

We appeared in our Aunts office, and were almost attacked as three other occupants of the room launched konini and shurikin at us. We dodged all of them but only ended up in our Aunts lung crushing hug.

“My little brats, I thought that you weren’t going to ever visit the village again,” said Tsunade as she let go of us go so that we could catch our breath.

“Tsunade sama,” we started off together, “We have returned for good this time. We wanted to know if our district is still up and running.”

“I take it he’s dead then?” Tsunade asked as she looked down at us sadly.

“That is correct Tsunade sama,” we replied while bowing our heads, “16 more days left. We’ve already got the tails and the ears, we’ve even been getting a small amount of our true nature back… The voice has returned as well.”

“Tsunade ba chan! Who are they?! What are they talking about?!” screamed the frustrated blond.

Standing on the sidelines watching everything that was going on, he had been pulling at his golden locks. We tensed lightly and looked over our shoulders at the three boys, our ears pulled back and our tails a bit ruffled as we let out a small growl. Tsunade stared at us for a moment before she grabbed the top of an ear on either one of our heads and squeezed the tips at the same time. We winced, closing one eye as Gekkou’s tail wrapped around his calf but mine was still. We stopped our growling and acted as though nothing was wrong.

The boys were startled though, because they were not expecting us to turn slightly violent. The red head had sand moving like white water rapids around him, the blond was plastered to the wall behind him, and the raven haired one was standing stiffer with not black but red eyes now.

“Have you’ve started your hunting?” Tsunade asked as she let go of our ears, and she watched as the others started to calm down.

“We’ve started yesterday Aunt Tsunade.”

“Go on then I’ll get you registered here, but as usual you’re not going to get special treatment. I’m going to have to send these three with you only for a safety precaution. You can sleep in the forest if you would like, or you can sleep in a room here until I get your district up and running again.”

We looked at each other for a second and replied, “Forest sound much better right now. We want to hunt and get our bearings in the forest before we deal with the village again,” I added something alone, “Plus, Gekkou needs the hot spring, he was stupid enough to step on three stink bugs on the way here.”

I was glared at by my brother while he crossed his arms and rewound his tail, but I ignored him and watched the others. The red head had on a dark maroon trench like jacket, with a net top underneath that matched the black coloring of his pants. He had dark circles around his jade colored eyes that reminded me of a Raccoon also. I saw something red under the edge of his somewhat long crimson hair.

Turning my attention to the pale teen I noticed his red eyes were no longer intact even though they still sent a glare at me. While he had his hands in the pockets of the long black shorts he wore, with the bottom of his high collared dark blue shirt barely grazed his wrists. His legs were covered in what appeared to be medical tape, and his feet were securely placed in a pair of black shinobi sandals.

With a long glace at the blond, I noticed his bright blue eyes, and his sun kissed hair first. Soon I found myself staring at the three whisker like scars on his face that reminded me of a fox. The bright shade of orange he wore hurt my eyes slightly though most of the black on the top part of the jacket and his long flowing pants helped tone it down.

“One more thing,” Tsunade called as she tossed something at us, “You need headbands again. You cant refuse to wear them this time, but I gave them enough cloth to where you can wear them in any form or fashion you want.”

We sighed and our shoulders sagged, “Do we have to?”

The blond started to snicker at the doorway as he heard what we had said. She stared at us, which meant wear them or have another team member. I looked at the head band in my hands, and quickly tied it around my waist for now, while Gekkou tied it securely around his neck. She grinned and we knew what was coming, another hug. We quickly ran out of the door with the others following after us.

We were out of the building and the heavily Sake scented room thanks to a conveniently placed window, and we were standing on a small cloud each, slowly flying towards the forest of death. Soon though we had a plume of sand move in front of us with the red head on it, and he was standing backwards seemingly glaring at us.

“Move down to the ground.” He ordered and we ignored him as we continued to glide on the clouds, even though he tried to make us move. We dodged the sand that was shot at us like shrapnel, but something in our heads spoke to us, ‘Do as he says kits, Shukaku is with him, as well as Kyuubi on the forest floor.’ Surly enough, when we looked down we could see an image of Kyuubi surrounding a small orange and yellow blob. We slowly descended to the forest floor and the clouds dissipated from underneath out boots.

“So what’s the deal with you two? Are you like demons or something?” asked the curious blond.

‘We’re demons yes, but we are also a combined vessel,’ we calmly replied to him in his head, ‘We already know your secret to Uzumaki Naruto, container of the powerful Kyuubi. We will not mistreat you though, for you are just like us, minus the demon blood of course. We don’t contain another fox spirit within us though; we hold the wolf demon-’

“Shimizara?” he looked a bit shocked at first, because it was another demon of great legend. (A/N: Shimizara isn’t really a demon of legend but I couldn’t think of another demon. Bare with me people. ) He slowly stepped forward and looked at us with Kyuubi’s eyes unknown to the other two standing slightly behind him. He saw Shimizara’s teal chakra surrounding us in one swirl instead of two separate entities.

‘It’s nice to see someone interested in us Fox kit. We wish to know more about you and Shukaku as well as the sharingan barer.’ Shimizara calmly told him. He had a bigger grin upon his face now and the Kyuubi’s cat like eyes disappeared from his deep sea blue orbs. We all zoned back into the real world to find curious looks from the other two with us, even if their emotions seem to be somewhat hidden their eyes showed all the information that we would need.

“Shukaku-sama, it’s a pleasure to meet you and your vessel, I’m sorry for not taking your orders earlier,” I stated and somewhat bowed my head in respect to him, but when I turned to the other with the black eyes I glared and stood beside Gaara. Gekkou stayed silent and copied my actions.

“…Where is it you are to be hunting?” asked the red head.

“In the forest of death Gaara-sama,” we replied respectfully. We wouldn’t take our eyes off of the onyx one though; he bothered us to much with his silence.

We snapped out of our suspicion though when we felt the rain falling on us in sprinkles. Our eyes lit up with joy and we wrapped out tails around our waists again so that they wouldn’t get muddy. Our ears were up and twitched when a raindrop fell on one. We grinned widely, showing off our animalistic fangs and we watched as Naruto started to pull his orange jacket closer to his body, and as Gaara produced an umbrella from in between his back and sand gourd. The other one just stood in the rain like he wasn’t going to show us any weaknesses.

“Shall we move to the forest now Naruto-sama, Gaara-sama… Weirdo?” we asked kindly.

We got a small nod from Gaara, and a loud laugh from Naruto because of our nickname for the quiet boy. The boy with no name that we know of just started to walk away towards the lush green trees peeking out over the village on the other side of the cracked, ivy covered wall. We looked at each other before looking at his back, seeing a ping pong paddle shape on his back, the top part red and the bottom part black. Fortunately the forest wasn‘t very far as we started to walk to it somewhat silently.

“Just ignore Sasuke, he doesn’t like many people. Especially if they have just appeared into our village suddenly,” said Naruto as he glared at Sasuke‘s back.

We shrugged and simply carried on throughout the rain towards the forest that we were to hunt and sleep in. We turned around to Naruto to see him staring at our tails with questions running throughout his eyes. Gekkou looked at me for a minute before turning back to the road ahead. I soon followed his actions and whistled Sum 41’s Still Waiting.

“I’ve always wanted to know, and trust me I can’t get an answer out of Kyuubi unless it’s about battle but… What does it feel like to have a tail?” asked the curious blonde. This easily dropped Gaara’s attention and he didn’t listened with any interest to what we had to say.

Gekkou hasn’t talked himself yet so I poked his side and he started to explain in his somewhat soft masculine voice, “Having a tail is like having another arm or leg, its just another part of yourself. Be careful though, if you ever grow one keep it in check! Its hard to control a tail when your hyper or when your trying not to show your emotions to anyone.”

“So your saying, tails are like faces in a way?” quizzed Naruto.

“Right, it shows your emotions just as easily as your face without you knowing unless you find a way to tame it like Soen and myself have,” answered Gekkou.

“You seem to know a lot about demon vessels… What can you tell me about Shukaku’s influence on my sleeping patterns?” Gaara asked slowly as though he was unsure of his question and how it would turn out if it sounded wrong.

I already had this question answered by Shimizara when we saw the raccoon, “Shimizara-sama said that demons effect sleeping patterns when they have been mostly ignored. If you were to talk back through mental connections to Shukaku you would have a good chance of regaining most of your rest. Your circles around your eyes though will remain as a symbol of Shukaku-sama‘s current vessel.”

He looked a bit intrigued but he didn’t ask anymore questions for us to answer as he gave a curt nod and became quiet again. His eyes were slightly droopy as we walked through the gates and into the somewhat dreadful forest. Naruto seemed to be having a bit of caution running throughout his body, apparently something had happened here while he had been around.

“We shall not take long hunting if you would like to remain here,” I suggested as we dropped our duffle bags, canteens and camping bags to the forest floor beside each other.

“Whatever…”replied the one now dubbed Sasuke as he took his post, leaning against the sturdy trunk of a tree.

“…I shall accompany you… I wish to know more about your skills and knowledge,” mumbled Gaara as he refolded his umbrella placing it back in its rightful spot. The rain has stopped its small invasion of the ground and everything was slightly muddy. We had a feeling that it would be harder to hunt because tracks and scents would be missing, yet we easily caught the scent of something we haven’t had in a while. Forest hares. Our eyes lit up with a new excitement and our tails were a flurry behind us with our ears perking up, we trotted in the direction that the scent lead. Gaara followed quietly but efficiently behind us, watching our hunting tactics mutely and scentless thanks to his sand.

;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;’;

We caught ten hares and we decided that it was enough for everyone seeing as how no one was going to leave the forest tonight. We turned back and carried our bundles of hare to our small clearing in the forest. Naruto was looking down deep in thought as Sasuke was staring off into space on opposite sides of the clearing when we returned. But when we took one step into the clearing their heads automatically snapped to our direction and their bodies tensed with awareness.
“Its just us, calm down or you wont be getting any food tonight,” I held up two of the hares that I had in my hand.

Gaara put the two that he was carrying on the ground in the center of the clearing and he sat down at the base of a tree cross legged and also crossed his arms as he waited to see what was going to happen. We stared at each other having a mental fight about who would gather materials and who would prepare the food, luckily I got the food. He rolled his eyes and walked back over towards the trees and into the dense forest to gather fire wood, herbs, and water in the canteens that he had slung over his shoulder.

I sat down in front of the stack of hares and carefully I rolled up the black long sleeves of my sweater. With a sigh I picked up a hare and started to skin it with a pocket knife I removed from the multiple pockets of my Tripp pants. Naruto watched with wonder as I removed the fur, but Sasuke looked up at the darkening sky instead. As for Gaara he was in a slight meditation position most likely meaning that he was talking with the raccoon.

I had all of the hares skinned and ready for cooking as Gekkou returned with the canteens around his neck, and an arm full of fire wood on his shoulder with a few herbs tucked neatly into a small bag made of lightly tanned hide. I stood up and removed the fire wood off of his shoulder with a smile. Walking over to the area that I designated the camp fire to be at, I set the logs and twigs in a circular pattern. Snapping my fingers creating a small flame on the tip of my index finger I started the fire.

‘Show off…’ Gekkou simply stated in my mind, which in turn made me smirk.

Naruto stared at the fire on my finger tip in awe, Sasuke glared at it like it defied humanity and Gaara just watched silently when he was shaken out of his conversation. Gekkou glided over to the Hares as I lit the fire and dropped off the herbs and canteens. He turned around and looked at the ninja, “Alright, people we only have three blankets. Luckily you ninja are the ones who get to sleep with them. Soen and I will be on lookout tonight.”

At Gekkou‘s words the three other boys turned their attention to him, glancing at my weak looking form with uncertainty.

“Stare at my sister like that again boys, and you wont have eyes to see the light of day tomorrow. No objections, you are to go to the springs now if you are in need of a bath. While the food is cooking Soen will stay and watch the fire. Soen, you get the spring to yourself when we’re back alright?”

“Understood Gekkou, now go and take your bath, your food will get cold if you take any longer to leave,” I shooed him off with a hand as I placed the Hares on sticks and dug them into the ground in a circle around the fire.

The boys all following after my brother through the darkening forest. Apparently some of them are not as skilled to walk in the dark, I rolled my eyes and watched the meat cook. The fire flickered across my features gently, as though it were in a slow waltz. I listened to the sounds around me with my ears swiveling around carefully. I heard the odd forest creatures as they awoke from their day long slumber, and I heard as Gekkou whistled moonlight sonata at the spring.

Apparently I drifted off into my thoughts, because when I opened my eyes again I saw the meat cooked, and two left in front of me on a plate sized leaf. I looked up and saw as Gekkou was just taking the first bite out of his, and I turned around to see Gaara with damp hair, a tight black shirt, and chainless Tripp pants on as he was testing the temperature of the hare before he took a small bite of it. I had a feeling that Gekkou loaned out his over clothes to the boys, because all of them had on different clothes than before, and because all of their clothes were black and blue now.

I looked at the food in front of me again and picked one up taking a bite of it and chewing on it silently. When I finished my meal I stood up and drug out a pair of blankets and gave one to Naruto and one to Gaara. I stared at my brother for a moment after I pulled out some pajamas. He tossed a blanket to Sasuke, and Gekkou gave a nod as he saw me waiting. I glided out of the clearing to the springs to take my bath in musical silence.

I stood in front of the spring, staring at its glassy looking waters before I removed my clothing and stepped into the steamy water. My hair spread over the water in rivulets as I sat down on the bottom. I felt as though I were in heaven, but I knew that it would be a short lived one. I went ahead and carried on with my bath, listening for perverts, or intruders around the springs. Quickly stepping out of the spring and changed into a pair of black basketball shorts, and a long baggy dark purple shirt. I ran back to the camp reveling in the cool night air while I could. It was dark when I took one step into the camp with a shurikin flying at my head, I caught it on the end of my index finger.

“When did Ninja try to attack their allies!? You fools I’m gone for 5 minutes and then you dub me as an enemy! I swear men are missing half of their brains sometimes!” Then I angrily threw it back at the attacker, which happened to be a certain blond.

I glared at the boy at the edge of the camp and then looked back at my brother. “For not telling him I was here before I walked in I should set you on fire or drowned you. Instead I think that I should just pound you into the dirt you stand on right now.”

He looked afraid and Gaara had an aura of amusement around him, while Naruto had one of shock. The quiet one though just continues to sit under the branches of a Dogwood staring at us with bored eyes.

‘I’m going to wait until tomorrow morning though just so that you know and can worry all about getting beat up by your own sister,’ I growled out in our mental connection then closed it.

Soon I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my torso, and the other three boys stared at Gaara in shock from this apparently uncharacteristic movement. I could feel his body heat transferring itself to me, and I noticed that he didn’t have his sand armor on him. While his cheek was laying gently on my shoulder, I could just barely feel his pale lips against my neck. He didn’t seem to care to much that his dry shirt was now getting soaked from my long obsidian hair either.

I was fuming a bit yes but really I was just sleepier that usual. I had let my tail unravel and silently let it relax behind me. His sandalwood and musk scent surrounded me and my eyes drooped slightly from lack of rest. Only Gekkou and Gaara could hear my soft purr, and I felt a smirk form on his lips where they were pressed against my neck softly. His warmth was something I would want in the middle of winter, and I loved how he was acting unusual around myself and Gekkou.

I closed my eyes after making sure that I was comfortable in his arms, which meant that my head was leaned back on his shoulder. Everyone was quiet around me and I heard the crackle of the fire, with the sounds of nocturnal life. Gaara had dragged me back to the tree he was sitting under, and sat down with me in his lap. Of course I didn’t complain, it felt extremely comfortable sitting this way, and the feeling of safety washed over me. The softly hummed tune from Gaara slowly lulled me to sleep as everything faded into a black silhouette then to nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soen- Silence
Gekkou- Moonlight
Ba chan- Granny
Kumori- Shadow
Well everyone tell me what you think of the story! I will enjoy any kind of criticism, flames, or complements that you may have. I would even love it to have your opinions on what you think will happen next!
Ja Ne~