The Wrong Jonas

Chapter 10

Joe and I decided to go into the other room where Kevin, Nick, and Frankie were.

Right after we got off the bed, Joe gave my hand a slight squeeze and smiled at me. Shivers were shot up my spine. Then he walked into the room.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this other girl sitting beside Nick as she watched him and Kevin battle out guitar hero. Nobody could ever beat Kevin, it just isn't possible.

More importantly... who the hell is she?! And why is she sitting with my Nick?!

A hint of jealousy ran through me.

Wait Alyssa, you don't even like him. You just kissed Joe for crying out loud!

I was debating in my head whether or not I should be jealous, when Kevin spoke up, "Oh, Alyssa. We want you to meet an old friend of ours. We go way back. This is Kristen." Kevin pointed to the brunette who stood up and stuck her hand out at me.

"Hi Alyssa. I've heard so much about you. I know we're going to be great friends!" I shook her hand carefully. Her giddiness scaring me.

Hey, at least I won't be the only girl here now.

"Are you staying for the rest of the tour?" I asked her, releasing my hand from her tight grasp.

"Um... yeah. If that's all right with you." She looked a little scared and bit her bottom lip. Maybe she's not that bad after all...

"Of course that's fine with me. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. At least now I'm not the only girl." I joked. She laughed and the smile appeared on her face again.

"Okay good. The last thing I wanted was for you not to like me." We both laughed.

While the boys played video games, Kristen and I just talked. Apparently, we have a lot in common. I misjudged her. She is so cool and everything. Before I knew it, we were spilling our deepest, darkest secrets to each other while the boys were passed out on the floor. We were sitting on my bed.

I even told her about me and Joe.

"Wow... so you don't like Nick anymore?" She asked. She was obviously having trouble registering this in her head.

"It's not that I don't like him. I do, but only as a friend."

"Wow..." She looked at the floor with 'surprise' written all over her.

"Yeah, I know. I'm so horrible! How could I do this to poor Nick? i mean, he doesn't deserve this. But I am MADLY in love with Joe." I buried my face in my hands.

"Oh, it's okay. Don't worry about it. You can't really help with who you fall for." She said, rubbing my back.

"Really? Thanks for understanding." I said, looking at her.

This girl is awesome. I'm so mad at myself for thinking that she was some kind of tramp from Australia. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be her friend?

"No problem. I've been in the same situation before, except they weren't brothers. I totally know how you feel."

"Oh my God, you're a total lifesaver. I don't know what I would do without you." We laughed. Then I spoke again.

"It's nice having someone to talk to like this while I'm on the road."

A confused look came over her face. "Don't you have friends from home?"

"Yeah, of course. But they won't answer their phone!"

Yeah, remember Rachel? The one who told me to call her?

Well, SHE'S NOT ANSWERING HER PHONE! She's being such a loser.

Oh, don't worry. I'm not like, really angry with her or anything. She's just probably busy with her parents. They were going to Hawaii for spring break.

"I'm sorry. Well then, I guess it was good that I came." She said, smiling.

You can say that again.

"So... are you going to tell Nick?"

"Tell Nick what?" I asked, confused. I had no idea what she was going to throw at me next.

"That you're in love with Joe. Duh!" She was acting like it was the smartest idea in the world.

So not! What the hell is she thinking?! I would never be able to live with myself if I broke Nick's heart.

"No! Are you kidding?! That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard!"

"Shhhhh!" She said.

Oops, I forgot. The boys were still sleeping. My bad...

"Look, I know you don't want to hurt Nick. But you're going to have to tell him some time. You do want to be with Joe, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, then you'll never know what it feels like to have him call you his 'girlfriend' if you don't tell Nick. I'm sure he'll understand, anyway. It's not like Nick to get all upset over someone."

She was right. I did want to hear Joe call me his 'girlfriend.' I did want to be held in his arms and be told that he loves me. I wanted everything with Joe. And in order to do that, I have to tell Nick.

"You're right. But, how should I break it to him?" I asked.

Kristen rubbed her chin slightly as she thought.

"We're going down to the buffet in the morning tomorrow, right?" Her eyes were wide with excitement.

"Yeah." I said, a little scared of what would come next. I don't know about you guys, but I think she's just a little bit too hyper for me.

"Pull him to the side right before you both leave. Tell him you need to talk to him in private. Then tell him there. It's all too perfect!" She smiled and patted herself on the back, proud of her idea.

It was pretty good, I have to admit. But what if he's miserable all throughout breakfast? That's a chance I'm willing to take to be with Joe.

"What do you think?" She asked impatiently.

"I think it just might work." A smirk found it's way on my face. She smiled back.

Dear Lord, please help me!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading my story! Finally the special guest is out!
Also, thanks to Kristen(or aww-sugar) for being in the story.
Her stories are also very good, so go read them.

:)