The Wrong Jonas

Chapter 13

At this point, everyone was done with Brunch but we were all still sitting at the table just talking.

I couldn't help but notice that Nick kept steeling glances at me. Is he upset about this morning? No, he can't be. He said he was fine with it.

Oh crap, he just looked at me again.

See, I told you! He's upset. Now I'm going to hell because I broke his poor little heart. What's wrong with me?!

"Hey, I have an idea. Let's all go to the pool!" Nick said. He actually seemed happy about it. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he is totally fine with just being friends.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!" Kristen exclaimed. Everyone else agreed and we headed to our rooms to change into our bathing suits.

Frankie was all ready and went into Kevin and Joe's room. When he left, Nick came over to me as I was searching through my bags for my bathing suit.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

I looked up at him and he had a look of concern on his face. I stood up from my crouching position.

"Yeah, of course. Why?"

"I don't know. You just didn't look like yourself down there." He was looking me in the eyes.

He should be talking! Sure, I'm the one who didn't look like themselves. That's a bunch of bull-

"No, I'm fine. I was just bored that's all. You know I can't sit still that long." I tried to laugh it off.

He laughed, too. Good, he's catching on. "Yeah, I do know."

He was still looking me in the eyes. Oh no, what's going on? His face inched closer to mine. No, no, no, no!

I turned away and backed up, not letting him get any closer. Then I went back to looking for my bathing suit.

He sighed. "Alyssa, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be doing this. We're broken up..."

YES! Finally, took me forever to find it.

Oh, sorry. I'm talking about my bathing suit. All this time I was looking for it, and I finally found it.

Anyways, as soon as he said that, I found my bathing suit. Then I stood up and cut him off.

"No Nick, it's fine. Really. I mean, if you're not ready to break up, then we don't have to." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I can deal. I just need to get used to it. Again, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Come on, let's get ready." I gave him a reassuring smile. He returned it.

After that, I went into the bathroom to get changed. I just bought a new bikini. I hope Joe likes it!

The top is black with a pink and blue flower on the right cup. And the bottom is black with pink and blue flowered strings on the side.

I was admiring myself in the mirror. I have to admit, I do look good.

I grabbed a towel off one of the hangers and put on a pair of gray boy shorts. Once I walked into the other room, all eyes were on me.

Awkward...

"Wow..." Was all Joe said.

"You look amazing!" Kristen said, running over to me. Wow, and I'm only in my top. What's going to happen when I take my shorts off?

"Yeah, you do." Joe came over to me and put his arm around my shoulder. Then he kissed me softly on the cheek.

Aw... he's so sweet!

I smiled up at him and we all headed for the pool.

Oh, and did I mention everyone knows Nick and I broke up? Yeah, we told everyone at Brunch. Ever since, Joe has been a total sweetheart. See why I love him?

As we walked to the pool, Nick kept looking at me.Was he checking me out? Now that's just creepy.

I don't know why, but I cuddled in closer to Joe just to feel safe. He tightened his grip on me and kissed the top of my head.

Is it possible to love this boy even more?
♠ ♠ ♠
I have written this chapter a few times, and it keeps logging me out. This is like, the third time I've written it today. So you people better enjoy it!
Just kidding...

:)