Alex Val

Unnecessary pampering.

The next morning was awkward and quiet, Blake attempted to make humorous small talk whilst Icis was forcing me to eat something and Ryan avoided eye contact other than the occasional glare. I felt like a prisoner. I felt like a prisoner that was being pampered for some reason but at the same time punished for a crime I didn't commit. This wasn't the life I wanted to have for myself, I wanted to make it big, make a difference do something I loved. Maybe taking that chance was a wrong turning in my life; I was supposed to go right not left.

"So want to go shopping?" She asked smiling brightly and bringing me out of my reverie.

"She's not to go anywhere outside." Ryan stammered before walking out of the room.

I continued munching on the food Icis made me and heard a phone ringing in the distance. Brilliant so they did own a phone, I just needed to find it, get some alone time and ring the police! Oh wait - what on earth would I say?

Hey - help! I'm stuck in a parallel universe with vampires!

I heard Blake talking;

"Hello."
"Right, but we have another guest as well..."
"Okay we'll bring her along, what time?"
"Compulsory?"
"Sure."
"We'll be there."

He then walked back into the room.

"Arianna's having a "get together." She wants us to come, it's for her 200th, it's a formal kind of thing, starts at 5, be ready, she said to bring the human, I mean Lexi." And he just walked out again.

"No way, she'll probably cause trouble, and - " Ryan walked back in complaining.

"Enough! Ryan shut your stupid mouth! She's going! Come on, let's find some dresses!" She pulled me out of my seat unwillingly.

I glared at Ryan as we walked past, as I walked past him he mouth "throat" and "rip", I ignored him and scuttled after Icis, something told me as long as she was still some what fond of me I would survive.

When Icis opened her wardrobe and ushered me forwards my eyes bulged and my jaw dropped, there before me were thousands of gorgeous dresses in every colour. They were placed in rows with numbers for matching shoes and jewellery which was placed on a shelf on top and underneath.

I gawped...

"Go ahead, choose any...I already know which one I'm wearing" She told me.

I picked a discrete black one, one that wouldn't draw attention, one where I could blend into the dark and hide and hopefully attempt to get away.

I really wasn't looking forwards to this party, gathering thing, it just wasn't me at all. Crowds and big functions would make my stomach tie into knots and make me nervous. I wasn't good with people; I was scared of socialising so going to a party wasn't exactly on my top 10 things to do before Ryan rips my throat.

"Great, I'll see you in a couple of hours then and we'll get ready!" She ushered me out.

I groaned and headed for my room feeling anxious and angry - they kidnap me and then make me do things I really don't want to!

"All pally with Icis are we?" I heard Ryan hiss from behind me.

"Unfortunately." I snapped back hearing his footsteps come closer.

All of a sudden he had me by my throat and slammed me against the wall - oh God where was Icis when I needed her? I was surely going to die now.

"She's too good to you." he hissed.

I scoffed.

"You, just stay out of my way!" He shouted.

My temper was bubbling under the surface of my skin - how dare he talk to me like that, I know I'm not a vampire or some pretty model but he still had no right to treat me this way.

"Look! I didn't ask for any of this, I've never had anyone take interest in me and I'd like to keep it that way! You're not the one being used as a Barbie doll or a pet and being pampered! I don't need this, I don't need anyone, and I've never needed anyone! The only reason I'm going to this party is because Icis is forcing me to otherwise I'd rather swallow wasps! I hate the attention, I hate all of this and I hate you!" I screamed so loudly that I had to close my eyes, he backed away a little as my voice carried out, and I stomped up the stairs and slammed my door shut.

Wow - I was glad to finally let it all out.