Alex Val

Christopher.

I preferred to be dangling off a high balcony about to plunge to my death than have Ryan face me with nothing but blood lust in his eyes.

"Get off me - or I'll scream." I threatened calmly although I knew perfectly well my scream would attract no one if anything it would make him kill me faster and he confirmed it by laughing at my silly attempt at a threat.

"Try it but it won't work because Icis is out. I happened to hear your cry for help and came to see what pathetic attempt at committing suicide you were using this time. I had a feeling it would gain me pleasure and dinner." He grinned with malice.

"Oh come on - you're just bluffing, Icis would murder you if you murdered me." I didn't want to get to begging just yet, I was better than that and plus I had already mentally prepared myself for death so if I did die the only problem would be that it was by the hands of Ryan.

"I wonder what you taste like." He brought his teeth together and I saw the two fangs gleaming in the sun it was times like these that the idea of being in a coma sounded insane in itself.

"Pretty bad in fact - trust me you don't want to -" I began but winced when he hissed and leaned in closer, part of me wanted to scream but the other part was telling me to let whatever was about to happen - simply happen! My only hope was my shield but it was making no sign of appearing any time soon. Oh come on shield I thought, I'm scared and vulnerable now - help me out! But nothing came, nothing came at all - was I really not scared?

I closed my eyes as he tilted my head to the side and brushed my hair out of the way to reveal the skin on my neck, I felt his cold breath on my skin and it tickled it slightly. Any second now and I'm going to be dead I thought glumly.

I waited until my body froze instantly under the touch of two sharp pin like teeth, I held my breath and stifled a scream when his weight was lifted off of me in a flash. My eyes shot open in shock and I drew backwards quickly seeing Ryan hovering angrily in the air, he was then whipped across a few metres and thrown onto the ground.

"Damn you Ryan!" Icis growled, she looked extra angry for some reason.

"You do realise I have visions - I see things Ryan, I see things! How did you think I wouldn't see this? First she's dangling from the balcony then you try to finish her off! You Ryan are to stay away from Lexi - period!" Icis hissed and walked towards me.

"Are you okay hunny?" She asked helping me up, I shuddered and dusted myself off, wow two near death experiences in just 15 minutes.

"Give it a rest Icis - I was only going to have a little bite and -" He began when he saw something behind us, his eyes shifted and narrowed until a glare replaced his expression.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He snarled, we all spun around to see Christopher standing there grinning.

"Well I'm not here to see you dear cousin, no, I'm here to see her." He nodded in my direction and I for some reason gulped.

"You are not welcome here." Icis growled through gritted teeth.

"Go now." Blake took a step forwards.

"I think his majesty would be especially interested in knowing that his three most loyal subjects are wasting time with a human rather than being out there looking for the princess." He began folding his arms and smirking.

Ryan lunged forwards at this point and I took a step back in fear when Blake dashed forwards just in time and grabbed Ryan from behind to prevent a fight.

"Yeah - the princess is still out there, probably in the hands of your people, oh wait no - sorry, your good now aren't you? What happened, did those mutts throw you out?" Ryan hissed shrugging away from Blake and resuming his position. They all exchanged dirty looks and glares.

I think this was the time for me to leave, I slowly began to back away from them all when Christopher not forcefully but not gently either got a hold of my hand to keep me still and he ignored my questioning look.

"Think what you want, it does not concern me I am only here to see Lexi, so you can go do whatever you want." Christopher rolled his eyes.

I silently pleaded with Icis to help me out but she stalked off after Blake back towards the house, Ryan scoffed and folded his arms.

"Go on then, go with him don't come running to us when he's sold you to some mutts or something." He hissed walking away himself.

"He's from the mental side of our family." Christopher laughed, I almost laughed too but decided against it, I wasn't sure who I trusted right now.

We walked through the gates and out onto a massive field, I narrowed my eyes and immediately began thinking of any form of escape but Greenland surrounded me and met my eyes wherever I looked. Nevertheless the scenery was breathtaking, I always liked nature, the different plants, and the smell of freshly cut grass, the idea that you could hide and sit up in a tree for hours without being noticed.

Christopher and I walked in silence through the grass until he came to a halt near a tree, he sat down and I followed suit feeling a tad awkward.

"So why do you and Ryan hate each other exactly?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.

"Well it's complicated, when you've been living as long as we have, the story goes way back and bits get changed, misunderstood and forgotten. Truth is we've never really gotten along or seen eye to eye on things and we don't plan to, so yeah that's it." He answered my question quickly and calmly, the words flowed from his mouth naturally and he didn't twitch making me think he was telling the truth.

I let out a sigh and looked around me; maybe I could get Christopher to take me home?

"What are you thinking about?" He touched my hand and I jumped at his contact and looked at him when another 3 questions ran through my mind

"Did someone spike my drink? How did it happen? I mean weren't you with our drinks since you brought them?" I asked biting my lip trying not to imply anything.

"Ah, there was like a a small moment I turned away to nod at someone who shouted my name and waved, it was like 5 seconds or so but I guess it was all that twisted person needed to spike your drink." He shrugged putting his arm around me, his hand rested on my shoulder where he stroked it slowly. I felt awkward; I had never had comfort contact with anyone, it was always just my dad's fist hitting me and that was it but nevertheless I let out a small smile and he saw it.

"Our situation isn't very easy, I'm one of them and you're one of - those." He said just above a hushed whisper, I blinked and stared at him not knowing what to say. One thing was for certain I did not get kidnapped by Ryan to fall in love with his cousin whom he hated. My main goal was to get back home and if I had to feel affection towards Christopher then I would have to. I'm sure I'd get over it - get over him once I was back where I belonged.

"You know there are many pretty girls here but your - " He paused for a moment as I contemplated what he had just said and he was wrong. The girls I had seen here were not pretty they were flawlessly striking and exceptionally stunning.

"You're beautiful." He whispered and I bit back a laugh and gulped it down, I wasn't so good with eye contact but his eyes were intense and burned through me. His head moved in slowly and my whole body froze. I moved my head slightly and his lips grazed my cheek softly, my heart thudded against my chest in a violent manner and I felt tense and flushed.

He pulled back and let out a grin at my reaction, I was sure my cheeks were red and my eyes seemed wild with anticipation and wonder at what he had just done.

"We better get you back before Ryan has another fit." He chuckled pulling me up, his fingers intertwined with mine coolly and we walked back feeling content.

Once we were outside the main door he put a step forwards and pulled me into a small hug, before letting me go he grinned again.

"I'll see you soon okay?" He asked his voice mesmerising and luring.

I nodded absentmindedly and let out a long breath - wow.

Walking back I started to devise a plan, maybe I could use Christopher? But how easy would it be to use him and not feel anything for him? He was extraordinarily attractive and had a special sense of decoy and influence about him. I formed a small plan in my mind before walking to my room.

Why were things so hard?