Alex Val

Innocent or evil?

I didn't know why I was surprised to be greeted by 3 figures standing before me sending me glares except for Ryan's glare that was ice cold, I could feel hatred bouncing off of him from every direction. Well of course they would be angry, they thought I was fraternising with the enemy, which in a way I was but not for the reasons they thought so.

"What?" I asked as calmly and casually as possible.

I thought they were all going to speak at once and I would hear nothing but a lot of sound when Icis broke the silence first.

"Lexi, he is not who you think he is." She spoke firmly stepping forwards a little.

I inwardly groaned, I knew they were going to warn me away from him but the tricky thing was that I needed him to get my freedom and it would be hard to see him when three angry vampires disliked him. Something was telling me they wouldn't let him into the house with happy welcoming arms, not now - not ever.

"And if he knows about your shield I bet he wants it - and fast." Blake spoke quickly and my eyes widened, why would Christopher want it, how would he even know that I have it in the first place? And the last question that flew across my mind was, how would he get it off me in the first place?

"And he thinks he's so cool. Pfft." Ryan added folding his arms like a whiny child; I suppressed a grin and watched his green eyes twinkle with annoyance.

"Okay, I hear you, now if that is all I'll be going to my room now." I began to walk through the door and past them all, thinking I was victorious in getting the last word in, my arm was yanked backwards and I came to a sudden halt in front of someone.

"He is evil." Ryan hissed dropping my arm and glaring at me again. I wanted to laugh, how could Christopher - the guy who's been nothing but nice to me be evil? If anything Ryan was the evil one!

"So your saying, Christopher, the person who has been nothing but nice to me and has been showing me some respect regardless of the fact that I'm a "pathetic human" is evil? And you who has tried to bite me and kill me since I got here are a saint are you?" I added sarcastically.

Ryan let out a low rumble and rolled his eyes before Icis cut in.

"Lexi, Ryan is just an asshole, Christopher - well he's more than just an asshole, he's an evil asshole, he's been on their side, he's murdered and betrayed so many people! He claims that he's back on our side and that he's good but we can't trust him again, not after all the things he has said and done! I should know he killed my sister right in front of me!" She shrieked wildly, I saw the moisture forming in her eyes towards the end of her little speech and I almost felt bad for her until I remembered that I was being kept here against my will.

Above all I was feeling a little confused, these three were keeping me hostage in a way and Christopher was really nice, gentle and caring it was hard to believe he did such things - such terrible things.

"Okay, so what your saying is - stay away from him?" I asked quietly looking at the floor.

"Well yeah." Blake replied folding his arms.

"And what if he comes to me?" I asked defensively.

"Then I'll take the pleasure in killing you so he stays away." Ryan snarled.

"Ryan." Icis warned and sniffed.

"Fine, I'll do something to him; I don't know amputate his head or something." Ryan rolled his eyes as Icis gave me one last look before walking through another side door followed by Blake and Ryan, they closed the door but left it a creak open.

I lingered for a moment and then walked towards the stairs with a sigh, this was getting unnecessarily complicated, and I stopped when I heard my name being hissed. Turning back around I crept towards the door and listened attentively to the conversation exploding from inside the room.

"Well haven't you noticed?" Blake hissed.

"Of course I have, ever since I met her!" Ryan whispered back.

"The only reason I had to ask her questions was because I couldn't get through to her mind!" Icis spoke next, I stood there confused, get through to my mind?

"I tried it a couple of times, but it was like I was hitting a hard wall, I just couldn't get through!" Ryan whispered.

"Ryan what does this mean?" Icis asked her voice radiating slight worry and slight confusion, I took a step back in confusion myself, were they talking about me?

"I don't know, I was thinking - at first - but - no, it can't be, that's silly. I don't know." Ryan stammered before answering properly.

"I don't think she is, anyway we need to find the Princess." Blake cut in.

"I agree but keep Lexi close, I have a feeling she'll be a great asset to us some day soon." Icis finished as I fully backed away from the door, so they were talking about me?

The conversation had ended and I scrunched up my expression before bolting to my room and slamming the door shut. What the hell had I landed myself into? I fell backwards onto my bed and covered my face with a pillow - I had to get back to the real world whatever it takes. I sat up instantly remembering a part of their hushed conversation.

They could read minds?

I shook my head in disbelief, who was to say I was even going to survive another day? Christopher's face - his innocent face swam into my mind and I groaned. How could that face be the face of evil? I shook my head.

I'll believe it when I see it and that was the end of that matter.