Alex Val

Geeda.

I had that feeling of complete emptiness, like I was floating in mid-air, I didn’t weigh anything – I was nothing. I couldn’t feel anything, I couldn’t think about anything, my mind was blank, everything was colourless but one distinct feeling that I could feel was peace. I was finally at peace. I concentrated on this feeling of calmness and it became increasingly pleasant but at the same time distant, I struggled to contain it as images started to whirl around inside my mind. They were blotchy at first but then they became clearer and then the sounds came, my own ripping scream filled my ears once more as I remembered.

I let my eyes open not wanting to stay there anymore; it was reminding me of everything. I didn’t know where I was as I let out a tiny breath, making sure I was still breathing, I could feel a mattress beneath me and something lumpy under my back. The blinds were tightly shut but I could see the light trying to pour inside from outside, I let out a small whimper as I realised I didn’t know where I was. This room was different, it was empty, it was dark and it wasn’t mine. I turned my head to see Ryan next to me, his arm underneath me as if he was protecting me, his other arm under his head, his eyes wide open staring at the light patterns on the ceiling.

“The monster!” I blurted out, vivid images of the disgusting fiend returning to me once more. Ryan snapped out of his daze and turned his attention me at once as we lay there.

“It’s gone, for now, it only operates in darkness.” He replied. I mulled this over; it was light now, so I was safe but it would get dark again and then I was in trouble! Surely I couldn’t avoid it for so long!

“How did I get here?” I frowned, not being able to remember a thing after my shield collapsed around me.

“You fainted on the stairs, I did some basic magic to injure it for a while but that was all I could do, I kept you with me just in case it came back, I knew I couldn’t see it but it emits this eerie chill, you know.” He explained.

“So, you stayed awake?” I asked, thankful he did this for me.

“I had to – anyway, my arm, it’s numb.” He raised his eyebrows; I sat up quickly as he retrieved his arm and flexed it about. Ryan had never had a quiet and civilised conversation with me before; I took this as an opportunity to ask him more questions.

“Where did Blake and Icis go?”

“To fetch Alyssa, she’s going to get that darn ring off your finger since you were stupid enough to wear it.” He rolled his eyes but then turned and walked off towards his washroom where I heard the shower running.

“So who gave you the ring?” He asked over the water, I bit my lip uneasily and ignored him. Once he was finished, he came out and narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously.

“I asked who gave you the ring?” He repeated annoyed, I opened my mouth to answer when the door flung open and Icis, Blake and another woman walked in hurriedly.

“Do you need us?” Blake questioned.

“No, you can go to sleep – Hey I’m Alyssa.” The woman narrowed her eyes at my hand; I hid it behind my back nervously. She hugged Ryan and then they both turned to look at me.

“How did the human get a cursed ring?”

“We have a theory, we’ll talk about it later, can you get it off before Geeda comes back?” Ryan asked, I scowled at him, when he said they’d talk about it later, he meant, talk about it later without me being present.

“Geeda?”

“That monster, the monster that’s been trying to trap your soul in darkness ever since you put that ring on.” Ryan said as casually as possible, I felt a ripple of fear race through me.

Alyssa sighed and looked at me carefully.

“Let’s do this.” She approached me and I backed away anxiously.
♠ ♠ ♠
This ones kind of short, sorry!