Alex Val

What are you?

The bodies had stopped moving, they lay there limp as if they were dead. Ryan had been glancing at them suspiciously before but now he focused on me, he walked towards me narrowing his eyes.

"What are you?" He asked as he approached me, folding his arms.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, what could I be? What was he asking?

"No human could make the Shield of Arah; I'm not stupid who are you?" He asked again edging closer.

"S-Shield? I didn't make any shield...you're seeing things!" I exclaimed in panic.

He was close to my face now, his eyes drowning in my own as if he was trying to read me somehow. His fingers stretched upwards, a few inches away from my face, I stood glued to the floor.

"It can't be." He breathed just above a whisper, his expression looked shocked, his fingers softly touched my cheek and I cringed inwards at the icy touch.

I couldn't get my mouth to open, I was too busy staring at his eyes, until I snapped out of it and backed away quickly and looked away. I did not mouth back to my foster father, escaped from the camp site to be murdered by some guy who just fought some wolf people!

I broke into a run and slipped through the trees and made my way deeper into the forest, being my clumsy self I slipped and slid on the wetter leaves on the ground which slowed my pace. I had to run, to get out of this stupid forest, out onto a road or something, that way I'd have a better chance of catching someone passing by in a car or something. A couple of minutes had passed and my heart thudded violently against my chest - I was scared. I stopped because I heard some rustling, I looked around trying to find the source, when I felt a hand wrap around my waist and pull me backwards, and another hand went over my mouth. I inwardly groaned, Oh god I was going to die.

I could feel his cold breath on the side of my face when he whispered,

"What are you?" He asked again removing his hand slightly as he tightened his grip around my waist preventing me from getting away.

I gasped still trying to catch my breath, "I'm - I'm…" But I didn't know what he wanted me to say, why was he asking what I was? I was a girl! I was a human! I was a human girl!

He growled slightly impatiently and spun me around to look at my face; his grip was starting to hurt me now.

"What are you?" He snarled angrier.

"What do you mean?!" I yelled, my voice cracking and echoing around the forest, I struggled and wriggled about in an attempt to get away from him, I pulled my foot back and stomped on his, he loosened his grip for a second but it was all I needed. I bolted into a random direction before I found myself being flung backwards once more, dang he was quick!

"Move and I'll suck your blood dry." He whispered once more.

My eyes widened in horror and confusion.

I felt his cool breath on my neck,

"So tempting." He breathed, his icy breath made me shake.

My vision was going blurry with tears as he pulled me back towards the clearing very slowly, cautiously looking around as he did.

Once we got there, he spoke again.

"I have to take you with me. You've seen and heard too much."

I opened my mouth to protest when I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head and all I heard was a quiet cough before my eyes went black and I was falling.

Oh boy what had I gotten myself into?