Alex Val

Parallel universe.

"Well, erm what do you want to know?" I asked shifting uncomfortably; no one had ever asked me this question before. I mean where would I start? What would I tell her and what would I leave out?

"Did he send you?" I spoke quickly my eyes narrowing as the possibility screamed at me in my head.

"Who's he?" She asked blinking.

I was sure of it; this was the work of my foster father, it had to be.

"Unbelievable!" I shrieked.

"He knew I got away didn't he? Some how - I don't know how! He sent you didn't he? Well get it over and done with then, I'd rather die then stick around a second longer in the presence of people who help the likes of him!" I screeched slamming my head on the wall behind me, anger pulsing through me, why couldn't he just back off?

"Woah - easy there, what are you talking about?" She stressed raising her eyebrow; she grabbed my face to stop me from banging my head again.

She looked deeply into my eyes and I stared back into her hazel ones confused, she suddenly closed her eyes shut and breathed deeply.

"You're in pain." She whispered.

"I am not." I retorted shocked and baffled at by what she was doing, I tried squirming but her grip only tightened on my face.

"You have a hole, a deep hole, a jagged edged hole that can't get any bigger and it's like a black hole, sucking everything in - it's killing you, there's too much to hide, too much to face, you - you're different." She whispered and my eyes widened.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I hissed. Different? Damn right I was different.

"Tell me about yourself then, let me see." She breathed closing her eyes.

"You're weird." I scowled.

"Oh come on, I just want to know more about you, you intrigue me." She whispered again her eyes shimmering a gold colour.

"What the - your eyes, they just -" I was too perplexed to get my words out as her eyes resumed normal colour.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She mocked motioning me to tell her.

"What do you want to know?" I sighed and relaxed my body slightly.

"How's life for you? What's it like? Do you have a family? What do your parents do? What do you do for fun? What music do you like? Have you got a job? A boyfriend?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

I felt like a suspect for some murder case, why did she want to know all those petty things?

"Life for me is less then content, I guess I'm being punished for something, it's not very good to tell the truth. Yes, I have a family; it consists of a mother who is always away, and a father who believes I should be dead. School is fun for me, I focus everything on my studies so I can escape and get into something good so I can change my life. I did have a job but he made me drop it. Music, hmm music; anything I suppose. And a boyfriend? Please, guys don't even look at my direction twice, but I'm okay with that." I said in one breath.

Icis looked taken aback and stopped for a few seconds before she spoke again, her eyes still wide with concern.

"Oh right, so all in all not too well eh?" She shot me a weak smile.

"Not really - no. But hey people have it worse." I shrugged.

"Yes but your not everyone else, this is you, can you not get help? What is up with your dad?" She asked.

I sighed.

"See, he believes that because I was dumped, I'm worthless trash and that the only reason he hasn't killed me yet is because he keeps forgetting when he drowns himself in alcohol, oh and the idea of it being against the law doesn't bother him." I told her.

"That's horrible, is he -" She began but I looked away signalling I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Oh, I'm sorry Lexi, but come on that must be a lie, no boyfriend?" She changed the subject.

"No boyfriend." I confirmed.

"But - but that's crazy your beautiful!" She screamed making me jolt.

"Uh right." I replied.

"No I mean seriously, your eyes are just - just immense, that pale complexion and those full lips, your eyes seem electric and I swear I've seen you before." She hummed.

Uh...I think she just complimented me...Wow, my first ever compliment, and I thought it'd feel good, but for some reason it made me feel weird.

"Uh, I, thanks." I finally blurted out.

She looked at me curiously before springing to her feet and digging in her pockets where she got out a small golden key.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot to..." she trailed off as she poked the handcuffs with the key.

I was finally free, and then she added again...

"By the way, don't try to escape, the security on this place is tight, also you'd probably be found by some other maniac who'd suck all your blood out in seconds." she said flatly.

Gee, good to know...

"Follow me..." She softly spoke before gently holding one of my hands leading me out of the room, we came across some stairs and climbed them, I looked back down at the stupid torture chamber and shuddered. Once we were on ground level, she led me through a long corridor and we came face to face with a big flight of stairs.

As we went up, I saw various corridors and rooms along the way, we finally got to the top floor where Icis opened up a door to a big room, the carpet was blue and the walls were cream, with a big bed with blue covers, another door which I was guessing lead to a bathroom and a balcony.

"This is your room, your bag was brought here, have a shower or whatever, change and I'll get you some food." she said happily.

Before she turned to leave I spoke...

"Wait!"

She turned around, "Yes?" She asked.

"Where am I? And why am I being kept here?" I asked quietly.

She looked stern all of a sudden before speaking.

"Well if you refuse to believe in vampires then you won't believe me." She stated.

"Try me." I sighed.

"Your in a parallel universe, it runs along side the human world, we can travel between worlds through portals but we have to be careful, if we get caught we have to kill the human, and you're being kept here because, well the main reason is, you saw and heard too much. But also, you made that shield which is intriguing, no human has ever before so - " She stopped all of a sudden.

I looked at her waiting, when she totally tuned out on me, it was like she wasn't here with me anymore, I took a step forwards.

It looked like she was going to fall, she wobbled on the spot and grabbed the door to keep her up, she looked like she just saw something before she turned and ran out of the room shouting

"Blake! Ryan!"

I let her run and go, whilst I stood there processing the information she had just thrown at me.

Parallel universe eh?

I knew one thing for definite now - I was definitely in a coma.