Alex Val

Valerie.

I blinked into space as I thought about the situation I was in, things weren't going according to plan, just what I needed now; kidnapped by 3 freaks. My heart jolted, the school should have realised by now that I'm missing, they'll call the police, they'll bring those dogs, they'll trace me - they have to. In the meanwhile I could try and find a phone - but who would I call? And what would I tell them? I don't even know where I am. I sighed in slight panic - what the hell was I going to do now? I glanced around trying find my bag when suddenly I felt increasingly sick. My stomach was twisting into all kinds of knots and my knees started to shake a little.

I willed myself to walk towards the balcony; maybe some fresh air will make me feel better? I leaned over and felt the cool breeze hit me, but it did no good I still felt sick and weak, I closed my eyes and tried not to be sick when I opened them I saw Icis running out onto the grassy land in front of the house.

I looked ahead in the hope of seeing some form of escape but big stretches of fields only met my eyes, I groaned. Great so even if I some how managed to jump off this balcony and miraculously live I'd have to run through acres of fields without being caught by these guys and if I did make it away then I'd probably be bait to some other guy who reckons he's a vampire.

I shook this thought out of my head; vampire's didn't exist.

What if I jumped off the balcony and landed on my head, that would surely either kill me or send me into a coma, and then I might wake up in a hospital where everything was normal.

I tried to grasp the concept of what Icis had explained to me; a parallel world running along side the human world and communication is possible through portals?

Maybe they have escaped from a mental asylum? But then I remembered, I had seen a portal had I not? Last night just before I was stupidly dragged into the clearing. There was a shiny hole, it was a silvery blue and one of the guys stepped through it and vanished. My heart began to thud violently not easing the sickening feeling. This was true? How can it be true? It doesn't go with logic, it contradicts everything, it can't be - vampires can't exist!

The idea of me being in a coma or dreaming was slipping through my fingers as this world seemed realer and comprehensible by the minute. I had seen the portal, I had seen his fangs, I had seen their eyes change colour. Was there a possibility of vampires existing?

Now I wasn't so sure about being in a coma or some weird dream, I pinched myself and felt the pain, this was as real as can be, and I bit my lip when I heard shouts from downstairs.

I quickly snapped out of my tuning out and headed towards the door quietly, stumbling a little I peered through the petal banisters and glanced down to see a bloody body on the floor; ew blood. Icis was coming in through the door supporting an injured Blake, my eyes flicked to the body on the floor to see it was Ryan panting and squirming in pain. I crouched down staring in awe, what had happened to them? They had a series of raw cuts on their faces and arms; they looked like they had been mauled by dogs - or worse wolves.

"There were loads of them this time." Blake panted, as Icis laid him and Ryan down onto the floor to examine them.

"No s-sign of the princess either." Ryan said and then he bit back a shout as Icis moved his arm.

"Yeah we looked all over the wood, and n-nothing, then there were about 10 of them, dirty dogs, we managed to get about 4 but then had to get out of there." Blake spoke.

"I'll get some Incenarine for those cuts." Icis whispered and hurried off into another direction.

What the hell was Incenarine? I was so caught up in what was happening below me I didn't notice the sickening feeling mounting, I swallowed the heave that was coming and sat back a little - what the hell was wrong with me?

Icis hurried back with a big black bottle before dabbing it all over the wounds, they hissed in pain before the wounds started fizzing slightly. I crouched back over to see clearer as the wounds healed right before my eyes.

Okay the idea of being in a coma or a crazy dream seems more probable again! This was insane!

All the cuts were gone and they both laid there panting in blood soaked clothes, the smell wafted over to me and I felt dizzy - I couldn't stop the sick rising in my throat. I bolted up and all three heads turned to me in a flick like they sensed me there, I clutched my stomach as Ryan shot up too sending me a quick glare.

I made it to the bathroom just in time, locking it behind me I threw myself over the sink as I heaved, my stomach was empty since I hadn't eaten in some time, so when the clear water like substance trickled form my mouth it stunk of stomach acid. I suddenly felt extremely weak and tired, I needed my pills, where were my pills. Before I could comprehend anything else my eyes were overcome with a dizzy and blurry sensation, I heard some thuds and banging on the door before I felt myself slip and hit the cold tiled floor.

"Valerie?" an angry voice rang out.

- Ryan's P.O.V -

I had seen her watching us, her face was a pale green colour did we repulse her that much? I bolted up the stairs wanting to question her about the Shield of Arah when I heard the bathroom door slam shut. Oh great, I thudded and banged my fist against it.

"Valerie?" I shouted.

"Open the door or I'll knock it down and then feed you to those wild mutts!" I screamed, I never was one for patience.

"Valerie, I said open the God damn door!" I yelled but no sound came from within.

"Valerie!" I shouted once more when Icis appeared next to me.

"Why are you shouting Valerie?" She hissed annoyed.

"Where is that stupid girl gone?" I hissed.

"The stupid girl is called Lexi, not Valerie you idiot." She replied before making her way to the door.

"I'm going to feed and you better behave, that girl could be helpful on our side, I sensed it, she's not normal." Icis added before disappearing.

Behave? I didn't know how to behave.

I continued banging on the door and looked around annoyed when the realisation hit me.

What if she'd done something stupid? As Icis said she could be helpful to us.

Oh crap, I continued banging on the door but with more force.