Midnight Velvet

Beautiful Awakenings

With a shakey hand outstretched the door seemed so far away yet so close and at first i was terrified of opening it but as i did I immediately got light headed at his exotic aroma. I had forgotten how wonderful he smelt and the swift, lovely reminder was enough to render me breathless.
He was just the same as when he left, but only one slight change, he was even more gorgeous than before. Hisbeautiful, wavy, jet blacklocks fell in beautiful, long strands covering the left sideof his face and falling gracefully to his shoulders. His cheekbones were high and pronounce like a model, and his eyes were spectacular as the moon. As the suns dull light glinted off of them, the hazel within them shone brightly with excitement as they gazed upon me. It’s impossible to describe how I felt towards that wonderful boy.

He was my best friend since age 6 and we grew up together; so close you would have thought of us as the same person. As we got older I made the mistake of falling for him... I couldn’t resist, who could? I found him to be funny, handsome, smart, kind, and just all around perfect. I held back my emotions afraid they would ruin everything I worked so hard to build between us and continued being his friend. And the day he left I was more in love with him then ever also I was so close to telling him....but I never had the chance due to his unexpecteddeparture. I stared in disbelief as the familiar stranger lifted his perfectly shaped lips in a smile and leaned forward to hug me. The strength of his arms made me feel like a weak child and I just wanted to bury myself in his arms and remain there till I could no longer stand. The intoxicating smell filled my lungs and I got my first real contact in a year with my best friend Daniel.

"God Ter, it’s been ages. I've missed you to life!" the cheesy line made me giggle a bit and I realized how much his absence dulled my life.

I hadn't smiledmy big whole hearted smilesince he left and just his presence was enough to make me feel more alive than I had in years. After he left, everything slowly came to a halt. I remember the horrid day so well, the raw pain churning my innards making me want to curl up in a ball and cry my lungs out. My fingers trembled trying to find a way to reply to his email, but couldn’t find any words to describe the pain in my chest. I was nearly scared to death at the fact he left in paragraphs...the wordson the screenseemed to form foreign sentences I couldn’t comprehend. Instead of taking a deep breathe and thinking a rational response to the situation, I acted on impulse and began to run. I ran from my house and flew down the street not knowing where I was going but it was clear once I saw his white picket fence as I rounded the corner. My lungs felt dry and tired as the cold air burned my nose while I breathed it in.I reached hishouse andknocked as hard as I could on his beautiful white door. Through the glass I saw a blurred figure of a person and my beating heart fluttered inhope as the figure neared. I felt all the painwhisk away and couldn't wait to tell Daniel everything in only a matter of minutes before he went away. I had so much to say, so little time. But as the door opened I found only the face of their house keeper, his thin miserable face looked to mine andtold me Daniel had movedto his Aunt and uncles. I couldn't holdback any longer, the pain that had magically dispersed all came back in one breathe and I began to fight back tears as I ran down the street blindly. That’s when I found him. Alex sat under a tree at the part near my house…he saved me from loneliness. He didn’t abandon me.

I felt as if my life was now back on track.I hugged him a bit tighter and moved away from his cold body and stared into his eyes. They stared back at me so lovingly and warm. Pain shot through my body as I tried to forget my undying love for him that even now still throbbed. Having him in my presence brought back memories ofmy struggle throughout the year without him; I tried so hard and got nowhere. I fell in love with him when we first became friends and when he left I felt like I had been stabbed with a thousand daggers directly in all my major organs, including the heart. The pain was unbearable, but with time it subsided and I got back to my life, found my boyfriend Alex, and felt fine. Now he was back, and I felt I could cry any moment, his beautiful face was once again smiling at me and I didn’t want him to ever leave again. It would be cruel to get my hopes up by coming back, making me the happiest, but then leaving on short notice.

" I tried to come back sooner but this was the only date available. Sorry" he gave me a sheepish smirk and hugged me once again, but only this time kissing my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one was kinda short because i had no clue what else i wanted to write about in this one but yeah,
i have an idea now.