Status: - Hiatus - Taking a break until I can get a significant amount of chapters written.

Coffee Beans and Ripped Jeans

Battle of B'ean Mine

"Boys call me sexy - what's up sexy - and I don't care what they say.
See every time I turn around they're screaming my name."


I quietly sang this tune to myself, changing up the words a bit, as I exited B'ean Mine after clocking out for the night.

"And who exactly is screaming your name?" Eric smirked, taking one last puff on his cigarette before flicking it to the ground and stubbing it out with the toe of his boot.

"Your mom." I countered, rolling my eyes.

A few minutes earlier Eric had stepped outside to smoke and wait for me to get off of my shift. So here I was, breathing in the remnants of Mr. Biceps cigarette and wondering for the umpteenth time, why I had been destined to crash into his motorcycle that night.

"Where's the dumbass that's supposed to meet you?" Eric asked, his eyes scanning the passing traffic.

"I don't know where Connor is but I do know that the only dumbass here is you." I snapped.

"You're fucking hilarious Lena, really. You should take your act on the road."

"If it gets me away from you, I just might take your advice."

Eric scoffed and gave me a little shove with his elbow, nearly toppling me over.

"I can never win with you, can I?" He stated more than asked.

"Nope, never." I grinned, right as Connor pulled into B'ean Mine's parking lot.

Soon enough Connor was out of his car and heading our way. When he reached us, standing just outside the cafe doors, he greeted me with a hug before nodding in Eric's direction, his hand lingering on the small of my back.

"Eric." Connor greeted curtly.

"Connor." Eric replied, smirking at the other man's obvious hostility.

"Ok you knuckleheads," I began, inserting myself between the two, "I guess we have some things to discuss."

"We do." Connor agreed.

"We do?" Eric questioned at the same time.

I sighed in annoyance.

"Yes we do you buffoon, weren't you the one who wanted to talk earlier? Anyway, like I was saying, we have some things to discuss. I say 'discuss' but I actually mean I'm going to talk and you guys are going to agree, kay? Peachy? Great."

"First and foremost," I began, giving Eric a sharp look, "stop with the sexual harassment you oozing pot of testosterone. I can't really stop you from being verbally disgusting so I won't even bother, but no more unwanted physical stuff, got it?"

Eric looked slightly caught off guard for a moment but then grinned and saluted me.

"Sure thing boss. But what about the wanted physical stuff? I can't very well turn down a lady in need now can I?"

I promptly ignored him.

"Second, I'll give you rides to school but I can't guarantee taking you home after school because I would have to schedule around my job."

"And last but not least," I began, this time giving both Connor and Eric stern looks, "try to get along. You don't have to hold hands and skip through a field of wildflowers but you do have to at least be civil to one another. Ok?"

Connor nodded grudgingly and Eric just shrugged. I knew that was all the assurance I would get so I just left it at that.

"Rightio. Meeting adjourned." I declared, motioning for Connor to lead the way to his car.

"Hold up, how am I getting home tonight?" Eric questioned, hands shoved into the pockets of his leather jacket.

"Um...the same way you got to the cafe?" I replied.

"I walked."

...

Oops.


I contemplated this dilemma for awhile, looking from my parked car to Connor's.

Finally, with a heavy sigh, I came to a solution.

"Ok, ok. Please don't make me regret this Eric." I grumbled, digging through my purse for my car keys.

"Regret what?" the muscled teen asked.

"This." I stated, handing him my car keys. "I'm lending you my car for tonight. Just drive it to your house and then pick me up for school tomorrow. You do know how to drive a car right? At least I hope...better than you know how to drive a motorcycle."

"Yes mom, do you want to see my license as well?" he sneered, snatching the keys out of my hand.

"Just don't get into an accident, ok?" I cautioned, giving Eric a serious look.

"Yeah, yeah."

I handed Eric my work clothes that I had changed out of before leaving B'ean Mine earlier and watched as he threw them into the passenger's seat before climbing into mybaby car. Without a backwards glance, he backed out of the parking space and peeled away.

"Sorry I didn't really run it by you first, but would you mind being the driver tonight and taking me home after our date?" I asked Conner.

"Yeah no problem. But are you sure lending him your car was a good idea?" Connor asked as we got into his vehicle.

"No." I groaned, missing my car already.

Remember boys and girls, never lend your precious car to a gang banger that you barely know. This could lead to unusual and possibly disasterous circumstances.

O.o
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...me and schedules don't seem to work out too well.

Ah well, let's just say my Sunday at 8pm est deadline is a tentative thing. xD

Anywho hope you enjoyed this one, it's a silly filler but whatevsies.

Oh! I have a loose idea of where I want this story to go but if any of you guys have suggestions or ideas feel free to lay em on meh (via profile, story comments, or pms). If I use anything that is suggested to me I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

Comment and subscribe you numnuts. ^.^

Song: When I Grown Up by Mayday Parade (Pussycat Dolls cover)