The Lips That Made Me Fly

Moving on Quickly

I don’t think my eyes left the guitarist the whole set. His longish black and blonde hair hung down around his face as he intently concentrated on his playing. When he actually did look up, he had the cutest smile on his face. You could tell that he was doing what he loved.

When their set ended, the smile on my face, that I was unaware of, fell. As the band was clearing the stage, Pandora made her way back over. She ordered a jack and coke and immediately starting blabbing about something I wasn’t really listening too. When she finally got to a break in her story, I stood up and excused myself to the bathroom. Truth was, I wanted to say hi to my security friend, Brian. He was practically my older brother. I made my way towards the bathroom, and there sat Brian guarding the backstage door.

“Hey kid, how are you?” Brian asked as he saw me.

“Eh, I’ve been better,” I said leaning against the wall he was sat by, “John and I broke up.”

“I told you he was no good,” he said standing up to hug me, “All guys his age want to do is to sleep around. Isn’t that right Alex?”

I looked over to who he was talking to, and it was the gorgeous guitarist. He flashed me a quick smile before turning back to Brian.

“Come again?” Alex asked leaning on the wall opposite of me.

“All 21 year old guys want to do is sleep around,” Brian said smiling a little.

“Not all 21 year olds,” Alex said winking, “Just the assholes.”

“There you go, Katy, straight from a 21 year old.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I said brushing him off, “Now you can tell me how much you hated John without me getting mad. Maybe I’ll just agree.”

“Maybe next time, But for now, go enjoy the show,” Brian said before disappearing into the greenroom.

I laughed and started back towards the bar, with Alex following closely behind.

“So, how’d you like the show,” Alex asked stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“I loved it! You guys are amazing,” I said sitting back on a barstool.

“Thanks, it means a lot,” he said sitting next to me and ordering water.

For the next half hour or so, Alex and I drifted between conversation, and actually watching the band play. The person on the stool next to me kept bumping into me, but I just ignored it. After the third or fourth time I turned around to ask them to stop. The sight before me made my heart break just a little more, if that was even possible.

Right next to me sat John and some blond bimbo practically sucking each other’s faces off. I felt tears stinging my eyes, and turned back to Alex.

“I have to go, I’m sorry,” I said standing up just before the tears started to fall.

I practically ran to the front of the venue, ignoring everyone around me. I instantly slid down the dirty brick building and closed my eyes trying to forget what I saw. After many failed attempts, I decided that I was in major need of a cigarette. I shuffled through my purse pulling out my trusty pack of Marlboro Reds. As soon as I placed the lit cancer stick to my lips, I calmed down.

“You know, those are going to kill you one day,” I heard Alex say as I was about to take another drag.

“Well, it might be better than this life. I mean, my life’s fucked. I have nothing to live for,” I said taking an extra long drag.

“I’m guessing you dated that guy?” he somewhat asked sitting next to me.

“Yep, and I guess I wasted 2 years. I mean, he just left me yesterday,” I said ousting my cigarette, “I guess I was no match to that whore.”

“I’m really sorry to hear that,” he said actually sounding genuine, “And you’re way better than that girl. You don’t have on 10 pounds of make-up, and you have class. That’s what really matters.”

“Well thank you,” I said wiping my tears off my face, “I’m sorry about all of this; you can go back inside and find your friends.”

“No, it’s okay,” he said looking at the sky, “It’s more interesting talking to you anyway.”

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, and was glad it was dark outside. It surprised me how relaxed I was around Alex. The way he acted made me forget about how much John had hurt me. I felt almost ashamed, that I was getting over everything so quickly. I opened my mouth to talk, when Pandora burst through the doors, Jeremy close behind.

“OhmygodKatyareyouokay?” she said barely understandable.

“Okay Eminem, slow down,” I said earning a glare, “But, yeah I’m fine, just talking to Alex here.”

She gave me one of those ‘We’re totally talking later’ looks and talked with Jeremy again. I laughed and went back to my conversation with Alex. He and I seemed to instantly click. We were similar in almost all aspects; food, movies, drinks, TV shows, music.

About 30 minutes later, Pandora came over, and said we better get going, seeing as our internship thing started tomorrow.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you some other time?” I said as Alex stood up.

“Yeah, I’m guessing,” he said extending his hand, “Maybe even at the next show?”

“Hopefully,” I said allowing him to help me up.

We gave each other a quick hug, and I walked off towards the car with Pandora. We rode in silence for a few moments, her with a dumb smirk on her face. I gave her a strange look, and reached over to turn on the radio. I couldn’t stand the silence.

“Oh no you don’t,” she said swatting my hand away, “So you and Alex, huh?”

“You and Jeremy, huh?” I said mocking her and laughing.

She just blushed, causing me to laugh harder. The rest of the ride was silent, until she dropped me off at home. We said our goodbyes, and she quickly sped off.

I went inside, and through my purse to the side. I went to the answering machine, and played some pointless message from my mom. I would have to remember to call her tomorrow. I quickly padded up the stairs to my bedroom. I did my normal bedtime routine, and once again snuggled underneath my dinosaur blanket.

And unlike the night before, I was able to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Maybe seeing that John had already moved on, made me realize how real it was. Or maybe it was how good I felt around Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Feeling] Crazy.
[Spinning] Slow Down by The Academy Is...

Comments??
They equal updates =]]]]

[warped in 6 days so excited]
[which meand 7 til my b-day]