What It Takes

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning

Bent on one knee, Zacky fixed his attention completely on me with a smile, as did everyone else in the room. I knew I was thinking about marriage with him but I never thought he'd get the balls to propose, but you never know what he's up to. As he waited for my reply, the smile on his face only got bigger and so were my eyes.

"Okay, well um you're starting to make me think that you're about to say no...." He said, still on one knee. I opened my mouth to speak but slightly choked a little as tears came pouring down my face. He took my hand in his and stroked it but I removed my hand.

"I- I'm sorry..." I choked out before running out the house with a full water park strapped to my eyes.

I stood in the middle of the street to try to come to my senses but they were all telling me that I did the right thing. I looked through the window of the house and saw everyone hugging Zacky, but I saw him politely tell everyone to go home. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and hauled ass before everyone made their way outside. I made my way down the highway and drove all night with no destination in mind. All I wanted was a speeding truck to run into me.

I finally started to give out on gas and pulled into a small gas station and stocked up on gas and beer. I continued my pointless getaway, getting loaded with alcohol. I felt myself soon lose consciousness and pulled into a small inn. I was so drunk and emotional that I passed out in my car as soon as I parked in the lot. My plan was nothing but never seeing Zacky again and never talking to any of them again, not even my own brother.

***Zacky's P.O.V.***

"I- I'm sorry..."

Those words rang in my head and poured out my eyes, while Mel ran out into the street. Everyone was speechless and I was heartbroken. I didn't dare go after her because It was I that apparently drove her away in the first place. I fucked up so many times in our relationship, that not even sobriety could pull me out of that dark pit I had dug for myself. All my friends were hugging me and talking, but I was so zoned out that I heard nothing but "I- I'm sorry..." I told them all to leave and by the time I blinked they were all gone and so was Mel's car. That was the last I saw of her or heard from her.

I spent hours of trying to tell myself that it was no big deal or that she would come back to me, but after daytime shifted into midnight I realized that she wasn't coming back and I wasn't the one to blame. This would be the first but not the last of restless nights I would have. Those nights would soon shift into years. Love had forsaken me and deceived me into thinking that she was made for me but in her eyes it must have been no where near that.

I fucked with that relationship and in the end it fucked me right back, and I'll never forget it or forgive her.
♠ ♠ ♠
....And that's all she wrote.

Comments are welcomed and so is a sequel maybe? What do y'all think?