What It Takes

What it Takes 8

It was now around 8:00 at night. This was the first night since my parents left, that me and Matt decided not to go out partying. We just decided to cleans up a little,make some dinner,which consisted of grilled cheese and candy, and then watch some movies and play cards. I felt a vibration in my right pocket from my cell phone telling me that i had a text message. It was from Lola.

***Text message between Lola and Mel.***

Lola: Hey Mel. I need to talk to you!
Mel: Okay! when and where?
Lola: Outside in my driveway now!

Regular
I slipped on my shoes,told Matt i would be right back, and headed out the door, across the street to Lola's house. There she was sitting in the middle of her driveway starring into the air. She looked like she had been crying. I sat down beside her and hugged her, because i could tell she was upset and i practically haven't seen or talked to her in the last 2 days because her and Matt have been stuck up each others asses.

"What's wrong Hun?" i said because i could tell she was deeply troubled by something or someone.

"Did you and Matty get in a fight?" i asked.

She wiped the tears falling from her eyes and said "No, But Mel. i don't know what to do" She said as she collapsed on my shoulder.

"What do you mean? Um Lola you aren't pregnant? Are you?" i said hoping that that wasn't the reason for her sobbing. "Of course not!" She said as a smile began to hug her face.

"M-mmm-my parents said we have to move to Virginia." She said as a huge tear ran down her face and fell on her dark red lips. She began to whale with sobs and tears.

"Oh sweetie, I'm going to miss you so much,and this is just going to kill Matt, because he's really falling for you." i said as i realized that i was practically losing my best friend. At this point, she had burst out into tears as they drenched her pink hair and made her black eyeliner run down her cheeks.

"Mel. i just don't know how to tell him, please tell him for me?" She said grabbing my hand pleading.

"Lola, i can tell him that you are moving but you need to talk to him tomorrow morning about y'all relationship, okay?" I demanded.

"Ooo-k i will but i just don't wanna hurt him...And I'm scared he won't want to be with me anymore." She said still sobbing like an infant who wanted a bottle of milk. At this point, i secretly knew that her and Matt's relationship would be over. Matt isn't the type of guy to go for long distance relationships and in order to be in a long distance relationship there needs to be trust. Personally i don't think Matt fully trust Lola, i mean they've only been together for several weeks.

Me and Zacky don't fully trust each other yet, we've actually talked about trust. I hugged Lola and said goodnight. I made it into my house feeling horrible and sad because i was going to have to break some really hurtful news to him. As i walked in he was sitting on the couch laughing at the t.v. He seemed so happy and i knew that when i told him about how Lola was going to have to move to Virginia, he would probably cry.

"Yeah sis.? Come check out this dancing monkey." He said pointing and laughing at the t.v. screen. I walked over, picked up the remote and turned it off.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM.?" He said pissed off.

"Matt we need to talk about something important." I said with my head down.

"Whh-whats wrong?,Zacky didn't do anything did he? Because if he hurt you i will fucking slaughter him." He said getting very serious.

"No, its not about Zacky.....it's about lols." Isaid about to cry because i knew this would break his heart and i was also upset because my best friend was moving on the other side of America.

"Oh my god! Is she okay, tell me, she isn't going to break with me? Is she cheating on me?" He said as more and more questions enter his mind.

"No, she's okay i guess, she's not going to break up with you, but you might just break up with her, and she isn't cheating on you." I said looking at his eyes as the looked curiously and nervously at me awaiting an answer.

"Then what the fuck is going on?" He asked.

" Lola's and her parents are moving." I said.

"ohh cool...They'll prolly just move from Huntington beach to San Diego." He said with a sigh of relief.

"No Matty its not that simple......They're moving to Virginia" I said as i watched his eyes swell with forming tears.

"What? When?" He asked trying to cover his emotions.

"Next week....She wants to talk to you tomorrow." I said.

"Ohhhh this is tough.....She knows i don't do long distance....But I'm really falling for her Mel." He said looking up with sorrow.

"I know, I know....I'm going to go up to sleep and you should do the same." I said as i rubbed his shoulder.

"Yeah." He said as he put his head in his hands.

I couldn't get any sleep at all, i just keep thinking about how Matt felt, about how upset he was, and about how i probably wasn't going to see my best friend again after she moved. Then i thought about Zacky, what if he moved? what if i never saw him again? Thankfully, i finally fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to find Matt and Lola talking in the kitchen. I hid behind the other side of the wall and eavesdropped. It didn't sound like their conversation was going to well. I saw out of the corner of my eye, Matt slam his drink down and Lola crying.

"How the fuck do you expect me to stay in a fucking long distance relationship with you when i don't trust you yet?" I heard Matt yell at her.

"I thought you loved me Matt.isn't that enough?" I heard Lola say.

They went on like this for almost 30 minutes until I heard Matt say "It's not going to work out....I guess we can still be friends but we can't have a relationship" He exclaimed.

"Okay! well i guess this is goodbye." I heard Lola cry as her and Matt hugged. I decided then to casually walk in the kitchen acting like i just woke up.

"Hey, good morning everyone." i said with my famous fake smile. Lola ran around the counter and hugged me and said goodbye because he parents decided to change the move to tomorrow. After she left, i tried to comfort Matt.

"Matty cheer up, i have more hot friends." I said trying to cheer him up.

"Thanks, but they won't be like her......I'm gonna go to practice in a little ...Alright?" He said with a weak smile.

"Okay just take it easy." I said. I wasn't trying to be selfish but i then realized that with all the drama Matt was dealing with, meant that i probably wasn't going to have anything special happen on my birthday tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey peepz...lemme know what ya think...so just message me and thanks for reading my stories