Her New Disguise is Butterflies

The End

The light was dim that was pouring through my curtains. The main source of light in the room coming from my green lava lamp. The lava lamp that didn't match the soft pink colours of my walls. That's what I get for asking for a lava lamp and then Joanne sending my dad to Argos to get one. I did ask for a purple one, but I'm dwelling on Christmas presents I got when I was ten. It's things like that, that are going to scar me for life.

I spun around in time to the music that was blasting from my speakers, singing into my hairbrush, until I stepped on the boiling hot hair straighteners.

"Ah, fuck," I gasped, hopping on one foot, throwing myself down on my bed and inspecting the sole of my foot. A nasty red mark was already beginning to form and it stung, badly. "Why tonight?" I whined and blew on my foot, in a pathetic attempt to make it better.

A car horn beeped outside. I hate him. I really do. I crawled over to my window and looked out to see Max hanging out of the front window of his new car. His new car he could barely drive. My life was on the line tonight, it's a good thing I wrote my will this afternoon. I watched as Josh clambered out of the backseat of the three door car, pushing Max's head back into the front window as he walked past, then wandering down the drive towards the front door.

I crawled over to the stereo and stabbed at the stop and off buttons, cutting the music and making my room scarily silent.

"Bliss! Lover boy's here!" Dad called up the stairs. I groaned and slapped my hand against my forehead, dragging it down my face. I grabbed my bag and shoes, holding them in one hand as I crawled out onto the landing and shuffled down the stairs on my bum, wincing every time my foot scraped against the rough carpet.

"Dad, I told you not to call him that," I whined, as Josh chuckled at me, leaning in the open doorway.

Dad laughed. "What are you doing coming down the stairs like that? You have legs, Bliss, use them."

I stretched my leg out, showing them the burn on my foot. Josh winced at the sight of it and dad just shook his head. "That's what you get for being clever and dancing around, isn't it?"

I held my hand to my chest and dropped my jaw. "Me? Dancing around? Never."

"Oh well, if your foot's in pain then you best not go out tonight. You can stay here and sit in on my guitar lesson if you want."

My eyes widened. Not the man with the grey ponytail and the huge bushy beard. Oh no, he's like a scary version of Father Christmas. Truly horrific. Oliver had even called him 'Santa' before.

"No, thank you," I said, slipping my feet into my shoes and snatching my bag up, jumping off the last step and wincing. I stumbled and fell into Josh. I grinned up at him and pecked his lips, grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the door.

"Back by half eleven! And no booze!" Dad called out of the door.

I turned around and glanced up at Josh before looking back at my dad. "I don't think I'll be going there again!"

"Good!" He closed the door after that final word of wisdom.

"Owie," I pouted, shifting my weight to one leg, the stinging in my foot was only getting worse, the longer I stood on it.

Josh shook his head and scooped me up into his arms. "So how exactly did you burn your foot?"

"Dancing around, I accidentally stood on the straighteners." I smiled innocently. He smiled and placed me in the car, before climbing in himself, pulling the front passenger seat forward so Sacha could sit back in her previous position.

"Let's go then!" Max yelled, revving the engine.

I looked at Josh, wide eyed, turning and grabbing my seat belt, quickly clicking it into place, before Max sped off down the road.

Josh leaned down to my ear, his breath hot on my skin. I felt my heart race and the butterflies flapped around in my stomach. "If we don't get out of this car alive, just know that I love you," he said, softly.

I smiled and looked up at him, "I love you too." I closed the gap between us and kissed him softly.

Max jerked the car forward and turned around to grin at the two of us, who were shooting him dirty looks after knocking our heads together because of his stupid action. "No sex in the back of my car, please!"

"Max, just drive before your late, god's sake," Sacha ordered.

"Okay, my sweet!"

I looked up and Josh and giggled. Finally, I got my happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, the end, so firstly thank you to- Emily, alltimelowgirl, Slashed-Eyeliner, DROPDEAD, AlishaIeroVeex, xrockstarx, chelsieRIOT! & Stephi Sullivan, for leaving me a comment about this, you know I've appreciated it so much. :)
And thank you to anyone who's subscribed to this or read it. :D
I have a sequel idea, but it won't be up for a couple of weeks, since I want to get some written up and see how it goes.