Lips of Poison Don't Make Me Fall

Chapter 54.

Frank's POV-

"Are you sure you don't need a ride, Hun?" I was genuinely concerned about Tish's health lately. She wasn't getting dressed and she never felt well in the morning. Whenever I asked, she'd blame it on what she ate before bed the previous night.

"Yeah, I'm sure. You have things to do, right?" She slipped her feet into her converse, dismissing the idea to tie the laces.

"That I do, I just want you to be okay." Tish threw a tote over her shoulder, shaking her head in the process. She smiled and gave me a unique kiss, one that I've never experienced with her or anyone else before.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I just gotta get a check-up, that's all. Plus, Mikey's picking me up anyways." She opened the door and gestured I leave. "Wouldn't want you to be late!"

***

I hopped out of my car with more than excitement. I couldn't stop smiling to myself as I ran to Ray's door, anticipating to see his reaction to the news I had to spring on him. I couldn't picture anyone better than Ray to tell first.

I knocked rapidly, too impatient to just ring the doorbell and wait patiently like a normal person. I tapped my foot against the welcome mat. I pressed my face to the all glass storm door and watched as the wooden door behind it clicked open, revealing Ray and his entirety. He shoved the door open letting me in.

"My, my, Ray. How fluffy your hair looks this morning!" I followed him into his kitchen, pouring him and myself a cups of coffee.

He sat at the table and stared at me. "What do you want?"

"What makes you think I want something?" I twirled towards him, leaning over the table, trying to look interested in what he'd have to say, though I ultimately wasn't.

"Well..."

"Oh, just shut your trap and listen to me, boy." I stood up and looked him in the eyes. He looked confused, but I knew I wasn't.

"Oh my God, Ray. You have no idea how much I love that girl! Do you know what she said to me in that hospital room? She wants to love me, and I want to love her unconditionally. She wants to have kids and I want to have a family, you know that. I never really did have a conventional family with the parents splitting and all. With her I could see myself living a normal life. Ray, you can tell me all you want to about how I was in a coma and how there is no way I could have heard this, but I did! And I wasn't imagining it!"

I walked around the table.

"Frank-"

"And, oh!" I collapsed onto his lap and shut my eyes. "Oh! How she makes love! It's like never before have I felt something so pure and raw. So different that it blows my mind that I have an opportunity such as this one..."

"Do you mean..."

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me." I sighed contently.

Hot liquid spewed all over me. Jumping up, I shouted at Ray for fucking up my new clothes. "You asshole! I actually tried to look nice today!" Good thing she loves me for me, not the way I look...

Seeing the way his mouth was agape, I figured it was safe to say he was surprised. While he let it sink in, I sipped at my coffee, occasionally calling for whales.

It took Ray fifteen minutes to think of something good to say. "Do you have a ring?"

Reaching in my pocket, I pulled out the box the ring was in. It was covered in a soft, luxurious, red velvet. Opening it silently, I removed the ring from the slot it was in and slid it onto Ray's finger.

He gazed upon it, then me. "You picked this out yourself?!" He asked in disbelief. I grinned, proud of myself.

"Yes, I did. It's platinum and you see that rock? The whole thing cost 12k."

"Frank, you're crazy..."

"It's beautiful, like her. She deserves it."