Five O' Clock Shadow

Chapter One

"Goodbye Kiss?" Lucy asked, making her green eyes bigger.

I leaned over, giving her a quick peck but she pulled me in, sticking her tongue down my throat.

I chuckled, wiping my lips and pulling away. "I've gotta get home."

She pouted. "Okay, bye baby," she got out and closed the door behind her.

I drove off, beeping once as a token of love. I didn't actually have to get home, my parents weren't expecting me for an hour. She was just so... tiring. Don't get me wrong, I love my girlfriend. We've been together over a year, and when we go to college next year, I plan on staying with her. I've never had feelings for any other girl besides her.

I wondered about my feelings for her on the way home. In the books and movies, they make love seem so... filling. I think that's just something to make it more interesting, because I'd never had that intimacy and need with Lucy. She was the one made for me though. She was exactly two inches shorter then me, allowing her to wear heels without me looking taller and making kisses on the forehead simple and quick. Everyone always commented on our hair, hers is bright red and has a wave to it, mine is jetblack and straight.When we held hands, hers were perfectly coordinated for mine. I felt totally comfortable with her. When we hugged, her body molded perfectly against mine. I really was in love with her. Even our names were perfect together. Luke and Lucy. Together forever.

I stopped off at ShopRite on the way home, deciding to pick up some things for my mom to cook tonight. I walked in with my cart, going through the vegetable aisle when someone bumped into me.

"Sorry, Cuz," A deep voice said, grabbing my shoulder. I looked up and saw 5 o' clock shadow and a plaid shirt, before his eyes, not making eye contact with mine, saw what he was looking for and went the other way. My eyes followed him grab carrots and saunter off, his head held high and his frizzy dark hair bounced cause it was all over his head. I was curious as to what his face looked like without the blur from the collision.

I picked up potatoes and tomatoes and got in line, hoping I'd be able to see my "cuz's" face. He wasn't there though, so I set off for him and soon forgot about him.

"Ah, you're such a good kid! I already made pot roast though, I'll use those next time I cook," my mom said as I handed her the groceries.

"Ok, ma. I'm tired, I think I'm gonna head up to bed," I said, running my hand through my short cropped hair.

"Don't get your sleep schedule messed up."

"I won't," I answered, trudging up the stairs and plopping on my bed. The second I hit the matress I was wide awake. Damn it. I called Lucy, hoping she could give me some tips to sleep.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lucy."

"Baby! What's up? You just left!"

"Yeah, I know..."

"You just missed me," she giggled.

"Yeah," I said, not completely lying. "So what have you been up to?"

"Oh, just... trying on some new underwear."

"Oh, really?" I said, smirking. "What color?"

"Red. And sparkly."

"Sexy."

" Do you, uh, want me to send you a picture? Maybe of me with them on... and nothing else?"

"Lucy! That's not like you.... You're not that kind of girl," I said, my smirk turning into a frown.

She sighed, exasperated. "Well, Luke we don't really... get passionate. We've hardly gotten to second base."

"Am I really getting into trouble for respecting a girl?"

"That's really sweet, but we're past that now. Most kids have sex by now... and I'm ready. And I love you. I have needs."

I hesitated. I really had no desire to sleep with her. I guess my love for her was past physical contact. "I love you too. I'll think about it. We don't need sex to have a relationship."

"Okay," she whispered.

"Aw, don't be embarassed. You're not rejected you're respected!"

"I know. Well, I've got to go. I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah," I answered, hanging up.

Two hours later I get a text from Brian, my best friend from elementary school.

'Dude, wtf is wrong w/ u!? FONE SEX?!?! do u no wat I wuld do 4 that?! Selfish bastard!'

I chuckled and ignored the text. I knew that Lucy had told Laura, who had a big mouth and told everyone. God, sometimes I couldn't stand my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
It will get better =)