I Have A Secret

I'm Different

I woke up late the next morning. I was so tired I forgot to set my alarm. My dog, Rudy, woke me up by licking my wristbands which scared me. I instantly woke up, saw Rudy eagerly staring at me, and looked at the clock.

"8:50?! Shit. I have a half an hour before school starts."

I jumped out of bed, ran a brush through my hair, picked out my clothes and practically ran down towards the breakfast table.

"Morning Honey," Mom said cheerfully, "you just wake up?"

"Yeah, i forgot to set my alarm," I answered "can you pass me the cereal.

I dumped Frosted Flakes in my bowl and quickly poured milk on the cereal.

"Now I only have a half an hour until school starts," I looked up from my cereal and gave my mom a devilish smile.

"What?" my mom looked at me, confused.

"If you drive me, I wont be late," I stated, hoping she'd be on my side this morning.

"Fine," she said, "but only because otherwise you would be late."

I mentally said "Woo-hoo! Victory at last!" in my head, finished my cereal and ran upstairs. Now because my mom was taking me to school, I could take a shower. I started the shower and took off my clothes. I stepped in the shower and let the hot water clear my thoughts. I wish I could just stand under the water all day.

Once I finished washing my hair, I went into my room and got dressed. Because it was a little chilly, I chose my favorite black hoodie with the skeleton on it, my darkest jeans, my red and black MCR shirt from the concert last year, and my converse with the doodles on them. In homeroom I'm usually bored out of my skull, so I bring sharpies and doodle on my converse.

Once I was dressed, I put on eyeliner. The black is my favorite, and i didn't feel like dressing up today. I put my hair up in a ponytail and put on my favorite black headband. I took one last look in the mirror.

"This is as good as it gets," I said quietly to myself.

I tugged on my wristbands and saw the s cars from last night. Good thing I had wristbands and was wearing a hoodie. I grabbed my backpack and started down the stairs.

"Mom! We have to go." I shouted "I have less than ten minutes to get to school."

"Coming!" my mom shouted back.

She grabbed her purse and led me into the garage. We both got in the car and drove out of the driveway.

"Now, Honey." my mom started, "you know I'm only driving you because your school is on the way to the mall. Now after school today, I expect you to walk home because I've got to get me nails done. You shouldn't be a burden."

"Yes Mom," I said back. I took all of my strength to not start yelling at her right then and there.

My mom has always been like this. She never goes out of her way for me, even though I'm her first, and last, child. I was a mistake, and she never lets me forget it. She always tells me I'm a burden. Sometimes I believe it. I haven't told anyone about my problem because I'm afraid of what she'll do to me. She almost cut my hand off with a knife after I got a high D in Economics last year. I suck at cooking. I inherited my dad's no-cook gene. And last time I tried to invite a friend over, she politely said no and closed the door them. After they had gone, she started to hit me on the arm. Hard. And when I turned around she hit my back too. Luckily my aunt was coming over and she stopped my mom. My mom has a lot of dish on my aunt from when they were kids, so my aunt can't tell anyone.

"It's going to be a long day," I said to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
Please comment.
Tell me whether you like it, love it, hate it, or don't care for it.
Every opinion matters!
If you have an ideas for the story, feel free to message me.

Have a Ferardful day!
:)