Immortality Carcinoma

.002

The skid marks of speeding dawn were already visible in the gloomy sky as she opened her eyes into the new day. First words to leave her lips were muttered curses at the expense of the bloodsucker who snatched her precious leather coat. She kept everything in it, including her beauty of a gun, Beretta Px4 Storm times two, each put safely in the padding of the warm leather. Icy shivers ran through her very core as a soft breeze picked up, rustling the leaves of the tall oaks around her.

Last night’s dark matted hair, now in the worst shape ever, stuck to her face, enmeshed into the open gashes on her high cheekbones. Bone white skin stained with coagulating ruby red.

Pain.

Threatening warmth spread around her body, mixed into her blood as the bullet wound gaped open in her right shoulder. The tiny silver shard passed all the way through and lodged itself in the cartilage in between her shoulder blade and backbone, stinging like hell and beyond the reach of her thin, able fingers.

“Bloody idiot.”

The naked female hissed and scrambled back onto her feet with dry leaves and chipping blood braiding her shimmering locks. She might have avoided taking that fall if she only hadn’t gotten up in the first place. The air became thick and dark again as a trickling sound was heard. Dark liquid melted into the crumpling dirt as a red glow penetrated the fair skin of the youth’s soft neck, hidden behind her hair.

Chalk lips parted to suck in the polluted air around her. The useless organ in her chest began to spasm again and her ribcage seemed too small for her lungs suddenly. The poison had already started to spread.

It felt just like the first time.

A cold disease. Eating away at her insides.

“Now let’s find out who you really are.” The ruggedly handsome male spoke to himself and smirked as he placed the tiny portion of clotted blood onto the glass and placed it under the microscope. His lips curved into a cruel smile as he had gotten the wanted result. I guess it’s shoot to kill now; he mused vindictively and ran his last night’s prey through the DNA base of suspects. The empty screen washed that content smile off his pallid face.

“Oh, for the bloody hounds of hell, who the fuck are you?!” His agitated shout echoed off the metallic walls and attacked his sensitive ears as he frowned and bashed his hand against the keyboard. The state of the art technology yelped under his blow.

“Now, now, that won’t lure her to you, will it?” A velvety voice spoke and a shadow oozed out from the silver-plated doorway, his comrade’s body following soon after, fully clothed for combat with fresh blood clotting on its black garments. The newcomer flashed a self-satisfied smile and paced across the spacious hall, stopping by a stock of shelves at its far end to unholster his weapons and lay them on the crude metal shelf gently. His bulletproof vest stretched over his weary muscles as he leaned forward to rid himself of the belt clenching his ankle, careful not to touch the blade holstered into it.

“Had a good night?” The agitated male asked curtly. The newcomer gave a nefarious smile and a small knowing nod as he took the hard, black material off his upper body, throwing it into the toxic waste bin in the far corner. Combat boots rang off the blue tiled floor until he finally settled down and took his place by the long table which stretched though the center of the apparently sterile room. No other windows or doors were to be seen except for the entrance door the newcomer had chosen to enter through, partially only to annoy the busy male who was outranking him in spite of his better abilities.

The project his commander was so wrapped up in intrigued the handsome youth even more as he had noticed two custom made Berettas laid out on the table before him.

“Don’t touch them.”

The outranked male ignored the obvious order and picked up the heavy, semi-automatic gun, taking aim at the toxic waste container on his right. Shutting one eye and staring off into space with the other he pursed his lips and

“Bang.”

The other rolled his eyes and glanced at his younger comrade with impatient, old eyes which stood against his smooth face almost unnaturally.

“Luc, will you for once keep your ego on a leash and do as you’re told?”

The Luc paid him a quick glance before trudging off, the electronic door sliding closed behind his as he exited the cold room. Arrogant prick, the agitated soldier scoffed and turned the corner towards the warmer part of the ancient edifice within which he was located. Shaded windows radiated scalding liquid heat – it poured over his marble skin causing anxiousness and sleep to finally awaken in the immortal’s mind. Way past his bedtime.

Moments later another door closed behind him, dressed in ebony and brass. A slow thud was to be heard as the sounds of the outer world fell silent and the mask of icy resolution and efficiency melted off his handsome face. The day, better said night, was over. The heavy combat boots were off and so were the pesky gore coved garments – so was Luc the soldier, the bounty hunter, the whatever. Only a nude male form remained, bizarrely clean, in spite of all the taken lives still resting embedded into its skin. Stopped. The thoughts suddenly stopped as a pair of green eyes fell shut, the force of gravity presenting too much of a strong component to his drooping eyelids.

The job was complete for the night. Time to go to sleep and remember back to the days where the sun was still pleasant and the night gullible.