Always Born a Crime

I Hear you've been Pleading

I was standing in the hall, trying to decide whether or not to enter the class room, I didn't want to deal with Amanda today, much less any day. After pondering it over the principal walked down the corridor, "hey there, why aren't you in class?" I could feel my eyes grew wide, I barely managed a shrug. "Well you better get in there, your already 20 minutes late, you don't want to miss anymore class now do we?" I shook my head and walked in through the door.

I didn't even pay any attention as the teacher lectured me about this tardy problem. Wow, it's only been 3 weeks of school and yet I was still late over 14 times. My mama drops me off 15 minutes before school every morning, so there was no excuse why me, a fourth grader who was always mysteriously late.

Amanda just glared at me, nonstop. She has yet to cease that glare. I trudge over to my darned seat. I almost rather go back to my old school. Wait, no i don't a least there's only one Amanda here, there was Billy, Kyle, Jason, and Mark over there. Then again, Amanda might be worse then all four of those jerks. I sat through the whole lesson with Amanda kicking me under the table then left for recess.

I sat there on the side reading a collection of scary (but very kiddie) stories, when Ms.Borroughs approached me. "Gerard, I know you have a tardy problem," thanks for the reminder "but I would like to tell you about drama try outs tomorrow, for Peter Pan. Since you've been late the last few mornings, I had a feeling you didn't know about it. I've noticed your alone quite abit, and I know drama can get you to know some people and then you'll probably have some friends." I nodded a thank you and she walked away.

Sitting there reading I realized, I had to pee, so I simply got up and walked over to the bathrooms, when I heard a soft weeping. I looked around the corner to find Amanda, knees up to her chest with her whole frame shaking hard. I stood there for a minute, not knowing what to do. Then my legs carried me over to her and I sat down next to her, she motioned for me to go away and even after showing me the bird I just moved closer towards her.

We sat there till the bell rang.

That night I kept thinking over what had happened, Some how it came across my mind what it would be like to be in a play, not only that, but a musical. I could hear Mikey (my second grade brother) scream from down the hall about some monsters chasing him, so I put on my Poison cassette tape and set off to sleep.

Next day in rehearsals I was the only boy trying out for Peter Pan. Amanda tried out for Peter Pan too, but Mrs. Borroughs kept making her read Wendy's lines.

And I repeatedly had to sing the same song over.

Then we were dismissed with a promise of knowing the results in the morning.

But that day Amanda sat next to me on the bus, neither off us spoke the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title from Heaven Help Us.

Please make sure to comment and tell your freinds, and also subscribing is always good too.

Love, Ali