Always Born a Crime

Are We Going Up, or Just Going Down?

For once I was at school early, eager to see if I made it or not. Last night when I told my grandma she was thrilled. She told me that even if I don't get it she was gonna be proud, but she said she could see me getting the part. Ever since I was little my Grandma has been teaching me how to sing, draw and paint. My Grandma is like Jedi talented.

I ran up the steps of the school to the bulletin board where the results where posted with Ms. Borroughs standing next to it. "Congratulations Gerard, you got the part of Peter Pan." a billboard grin pasted on my face but broke when I heard, "and Congrats Amanda, you got the role of Wendy." We stared at each other.

That means we'll have to be around each other more.

Ugh, I'm gonna have to hug her and hold her in the performance, an she's gonna have to kiss my cheek. This isn't what I wanted.

--time elapse of 3 day--

I'm laying on my bed while Mikey sits on the floor coloring some picture. I'm looking over my lines, there's hundreds of them. I have to get the first 5 pages down by next week, and my grandma has already started on my outfit. Which if i had known what it was gonna be, I wouldn't have auditioned, I have to wear tights?

But something odd has been happening between Amanda and I, she stopped being at all abusive, normally now she just sits next to me on the bus, at lunch, during recess. But as she sits she never says a single word. Neither of us do. But it's been kinda nice. We also sometimes talk alittle during auditions. But sometimes it some what scares me, I look over at her and she's smiling at me, then she sees I'm looking back and she snarls. But I don't know, it's almost like I have my first friend. Just that friend is under weird restrictiveness.

--time elapse till the next morning--

I'm sitting on the bus, doodling on my math notes and Amanda comes by and sits next to me. "Hi Gerard" she says then gulps. Something sounds almost pained.

"hi Amanda, how are you?"

"I'm OK, you?"

"yeah, oh did you get your lines down yet?"

"no, you?"

"only till page 8."

"haha, nice I got to page 4"

"Amanda! How did you get by last week, you seemed OK at practice"

"Ben, you just learn some things as you get older, you know?" after she finished her eyes widened.

"did you just call me Ben?"

"no, shut your fucking mouth!"

"yes you did, why did you call me Ben?"

"I said shut your fucking mouth!" she said through clenched teeth. We then pulled up to the school and she darted off the bus, with the bus driver yelling after her. She stated her glaring back up that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry I haven't updated in forever. I got really dicouraged for awhile due to lack of comments. but it was so ripe in my mind and I had to write another chapter. But I promise more chapters later on today. :)

title from Sophomre Slump or Greatest Comeback of the Year by Fall Out Boy

Love Ali