Just a Freak

Sunshine

"Hello, Princess. Are you treating your mother and Grandma well?"

"Yeah."

Father dearest.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way in Ohio.

With his Replacement Woman and there soon-too-be Darling, Spoiled, and Politically Correct Child.

Because his girlfriend is an activist.

So they are politically correct, and refer to dwarves as Little People.

Which makes me laugh because it reminds me of The Twilight Zone, 'cause I saw this episode were these people shrunk and it was crazy.

He says I can come down and visit.

I asked why he and his girlfriend haven't gotten married yet.

He says it's his girlfriend's way of protesting some bad thing in Africa.

I decided to grant Caleb his requested privacy with Brian in the Art room, and instead roamed around looking for Dirk.

I found him in the courtyard.

"Hey, Sunshine," he said, picking something out of his teeth with a toothpick.

Then he just kind of kept in there in his mouth, like a greaser.

He was alone. I wonder why.

"Hi," I said.

Sunshine.

Since when am I Sunshine?

"Since when am I Sunshine?" I asked him.

"Since I said so," he said. He had this kind nervous thing about him, but I'm not really sure what.

I guess you could call someone with blonde hair Sunshine.

But scraggly brown hair and freckles?

Hells no.

He's a doll.

And, ya know, the good kind.

"So," he said. "What'd the old geezer sentence you to?"

He meant my detention.

"Two weeks of afterschool fun with Connie," I answered.

"The Fritz?" He grinned. I was surprised he knew her.

Connie, being a social worker, is really only known amongst the mental case crowd.

Is Dirk a mental case?

How romantic.

The bell rang.

I couldn't find Caleb until almost the end of the day, and when I did he was grinning ear to ear, so I made a vow to tease him over the phone and tell me what happened.

That is, after detention.

Connie asked me about aggression and if I had issues at home and blah blah blah.

She's got this seriously creepy reddish brown stain on her carpet.

I remember one time I went to the library and I saw the librarian, Ms. Heather, and my 9th grade English teacher talking and one of them said, "...Yeah, we never could get the blood stains out..."

Then I wondered if the two were somehow related.

Who's blood was it? Why was it shed?

Screw, aggression, Connie. Why the fuck do you have freaking blood stains in your office?

And why haven't I noticed them before?

I tried calling Caleb when I got home, but his annoying mother told me he was 'busy with his little friend Brian'.

I literally held the phone away from my face so she wouldn't hear my laughing fo hysterically.

Busy indeed.

Still, I felt a little bummed.

And a little jealous.

Then again, I do have Dirk, who called me Sunshine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!
Also, I might not be posting Chapter 23 for awhile, so hang in there, guys.
Love ya.