Just a Freak

Hot Patootie

Dirk wants to get a motorcycle.

He says he'll ride me around in it.

All I can think of every time he talks about it, which is a lot, is that scene in Rocky Horror.

You know, where Eddie busted out of that icebox thing and started singing and dancing with Columbia?

All I can see is when he went and propped her up on his motorcycle.

And now I'm thinking about how Frank N. Furter went and axed murdered him right afterwards.

I told Dirk not to buy a motorcycle because a transvestite might try to kill him with an axe.

Or was it an ice pick?

He gave me a weird look.

I couldn't help myself.

Sometimes I wonder what Dirk sees in me.

I definetely don't dress the way other girls who hang around his lot do.

They've got crop tops and belly button rings and high heels.

Ugh.

I like my baggy jeans and sweatshirts, thanks.

I guess I'm not ugly.

If you look past the shaggy brown hair, you'll see round blue eyes, a button nose, and pretty little red lips, like the kinds little kids have.

My Mom always said I was pretty.

I don't know if I want to be.

I guess that's why she gets so mad when I don't like wearing the hip little outfits she buys.

Maybe if I had buck teeth, crossed eyes, and a huge nose she would be more easy going about it.

Or maybe less.

Huh.

Dirk's friends get a kick out of me.

It's kind of annoying.

The give me that sort of 'you're the quirky little sister and we only think you're funny when we feel like it' attitude.

I told this to Dirk but he just kind of shrugged it off.

We all hung out at the mall.

I don't like the mall much.

It's kind of annoying, you know?

All these pretentious assholes walking around with their fancy handbags.

Either that, or the wannabe gangster kids walking around with their loose fitting pants and oversized everything.

I must admit, though, it's a goldmine for people watching.

This chick was walking around talking on her cellphone and I heard her say something was bootlegged.

Made me giggle.

Me and Dirk got some McDonald's after the others left and just kind of hung around in the food court, talking about random shit.

I don't know how I noticed this, but there was this red stain on his arm.

My first thought was blood, but as I racked my brain I remembered that he told me he had been helping his dad paint a door that morning.

Red door.

I don't know why, but it made me remember how he had this huge bruise on his cheek last week.

It was still fading.

I'm talking, like, lots of different colors. Blue, red, purple, yellow, green.

The whole fucking rainbow.

He said he had been working on some car's engine and bumped his cheek.

It's not like I don't believe him or anything.

It just crossed my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS!
For those who were wondering or haven't seen the movie, here's the scene from Rocky Horror Riley mentioned in the beginning of the chapter, right here.