Just a Freak

Weird

I'd called K's house as soon as I could when I got home yesterday.

"I'm sorry, Riley," Mrs. Amherst answered curtly. "He can't come to the phone right now."

And hung up.

Weird.

So, it's the next day, and Caleb still isn't at school. I have a feeling he might be really sick. Maybe that's why he couldn't come to the phone. I think I'll call again and ask what the fuck is up.

Poor Brian. I told him my theory. He was surprised that I talked to Mrs. Amherst. He said he was getting really worried because every time he called no one would ever pick up.

Weird.

School practically flew by. I guess that's because we had another stupid drug assembly. The school's really worried because some kid got arrested for possession on the other side of town.

They want to keep a clean record.

Besides, they could probably get sued somehow.

That's why they tell us not to bring iPods and cell phones to school.

They don't want to be blamed if they get lost or stolen.

Selfish bastards.

I told this to Dirk when I found him at lunch. He sort of laughed.

"How can you wear that jacket?" I asked him. "It's getting really hot outside."

Because it was. It was the middle of spring.

He shrugged and kind of gave me this look.

This kind of, 'Stop asking me stupid questions I don't have time for them' look.

He can be a dick sometimes.

Remember how I said I wished I had a boyfriend like Brian?

I still kind of do. Brian's a doll, in the good way.

Dirk is just kind of weird.

And not in the good way.

Weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where is everyone?
One minute, I get like six comments a chapter, and now I'm getting, like two.
Is it because school's starting?
Seriously, guys.
I miss the attention. =(
Where are my fangirls?