The Virus Of Life

Three.

Image

I fluttered my eyelids open to look at the clock on the bedside table, I turned my face the other way to see my husband still sound asleep with one of his arms fixed loosely around my tummy. I smiled at the sight.

"Gerard wakey uppy time" I whispered into his ear.

"Just ten more minutes" he moaned back groggily.

I laughed at him sounding like a child. "No, we have to get up now" I moaned back to him.

I rolled my eyes to myself knowing what I'd have to do to wake him up. I got out of the bed taking the covers with me.

"It's freezing" Gerard jumped up saying.

"Well your up now and get your ass dressed" I replied to him as I got dressed myself.

"Uggh remind me why I married you" I scowled at him as he laughed at me getting dressed himself.

After half an hour of getting dressed and packing the two of us met in the hotels reception to meet the rest of the crew to go and travel to the next destination, which I had forgotten.

After piling on the bus with the rest of the boys I sat down in the lounge area watching Mikey and Bob play Guitar Hero on the play station as the bus drove off.

"Dude, I'm gonna thrash your ass" Bob chuckled at Mikey "Oh shit that rhymed, I rock"

Mikey looked at me rolling his eyes as I laughed at Bob's comment.

"Yeah well, I'd beat both of your asses" I smirked telling the both of them.

"Rox, the only persons ass you beat round here is my brothers" I laughed at Mikey as I walked off to go and find Gerard.

I found him lying on one of the beds that are on the bus. He moved over so I could join him and lie next to him.

"What you doing?" I asked him as I rubbed his chest.

"Just thinking" he replied.

"About" I asked back continuing to rub his chest over the shirt he had on.

"Life" I nodded my head having a feeling he was thinking about yesterday.

"You shouldn’t think of the past you know" I stumbled on my words, "Just think about the future"

I knew he knew what I was talking about as he gave me an understanding look. "I know, but I just wonder sometimes"

"Well don't" I butted in. I decided to tell him something that I'd thought since that night but never told him. "You know Gee. Sometimes I think that night I fell down the stairs was a good thing, I mean lets face it back then we wouldn’t have been exactly the best of parents" He nodded his head. "and you know maybe if it hadn't happened you might still be on alcohol right now"

He looked at me straight in the eye. "Yeah, that night gave me a punch in the face about being off the rails"

I smiled at him knowing he had always thought the same as me and never said it either. "I know, I'm so proud of you Gee." I cuddled into him as he placed the bed covers over us. "I really am" I whispered.