The Virus Of Life

Eight.

Image

I was sitting in the empty room looking at the bare walls, in one corner the wallpaper had started to peel.

"Honey" I looked from the wall to Gerard standing in the doorway. "Their be here any second" I nodded my head bring my knees up to my chest and hugging them. I sighed as I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Gerard obviously saw it as he came over to me and kneeled in front of me. "Don't cry"

"I cant help it Gee" I replied as he wiped the tear from my cheek. "Remember you said you'd paint animals on the walls to make it look like a zoo"

I smiled weakly at my husband as he laughed. "Yeah" he replied talking about the empty room that we were gonna decorate for the baby we never had. "Come on angel" he told me as he pulled me up with him to go answer the door which had just rang.

I smiled as I saw my sister Debbie holding Ben in her arms and Samantha next to her holding a big bag.

"I've gotta dash" Debbie told me as she handed Ben over to me.

"Have fun" I shouted out after her as she ran off.

After a few minutes the kids were in the house and we were showing them were they would be staying.

"Sam, your gonna have to stay in here" I told her as we stood in the extra bedroom in Gerard's and I's house .

"It smells funny in here" I laughed at her remark as she started to jump on the bed.

I turned around and grabbed the air freshener off of the chest in the room. "It's because sometimes Gerard and I's friend Frankie stays in here" I told her as I sprayed the room with the vanilla freshener. "Now you unpack and put your clothes in here as I go see Uncle Gee and your brother" I told her as I pointed to the chest.

I walked into our bedroom as I saw Gerard sitting on our bed with Ben in front of him clapping his hands.

"Gee, he's gonna stay in here right?" I questioned him.

He nodded his head, "I set up the cot" I looked over to the child's bed which we had brought several years ago for our child. I nodded my head. "I thought we could go to a restaurant for dinner tonight with the kids"

"I dunno, what if the paparazzi see you with the kids? They might think their yours" I asked him as I laughed at the thought and sat next to him on the bed watching Ben do pat-a-cake on the bed.

"No, I thought we could go to Jack's" he replied after laughing to himself.

I nodded my head. Jack was one of Gerard's high school friends who opened up a restaurant. It's in a quiet area twenty minutes away from us which not a lot of people go to, so Gerard wouldn't get recognised, except if Jack was working there that day.

"Yeah, that’s sounds like a really good idea. Lets do that"