Torchwood- Forever

Chapter Fourteen

Camp beds were put up for the injured Torchwood team., including Hannah Simms. They were being examined by UNIT medical team. Captain Harkness was pacing up and down his office. He picked up the phone as it started ringing. "Doctor. Are you here yet?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help you. It should be impossible, but someone or thing has hacked into the TARDIS mainframe and is taking me and a friend on a detour, I'm sorry but you're on your own, who knew you need credit for mobiles, even with all this technology laying about." The most intelligent man in the universe didn't know about credit. Or he did but he forgot to top up and didn't want feel shame.

Jack slammed down the phone in anger. He ran his fingers through his hair. Why him? Yes he was out of his time, immortal and fought aliens, but really who would want to do this? Harm his friends, kill humans and take all the information for themselves. Some crazy alien computer, that's what.

"What did he say?" Martha was standing in the doorway, her hands in her lab coat's pockets. Captain Harkness brushed passed her and, without using the ladder, dropped down to the basements. He entered the room the computer was in, it had UNIT gathered around it.

"Sir? What are you going to do?" One of the soldiers stepped towards the Captain.

"Pull that plug will you? Wear some gloves though. We don't want anymore nasty accidents." Jack sat himself down onto the computer chair. The soldier unplugged the deranged machine, but, as Jack predicted, it didn't turn off. He clicked his knuckles and hit each key in turn.

"How about control alt delete? All computers have that, no matter what they really are." The same soldier who had unplugged the computer gave the advice.

Remembering what Toshiko taught him about a technological mishap or disaster, Jack nodded in recollection. He did as he remembered and an odd screen appeared. Information scrolled down the screen. Information of an ancient race, slaughtered by swarms of different beings for their precious metals and nutrients. A clip appeared of the incident, people screaming. Children murdered,Men and women ripped apart. Finally, gassed by humans. The information reappeared and stated that the last remaining of their kind built a weapon that would sweep this universe and any other one to destroy any and every thing in them.

Jack read in horror of the things the weapon could do. It was A.I, so it could do whatever it pleased. He started typing a response to it, saying to leave the planet and and never return. Obviously, it laughed at the Captain. Literally. The laugh shook the hub. "You think you can get rid of me that easily? If we gave into begging, pleading and crying, we wouldn't of killed anyone.. We show no compassion or mercy as your people did not for us."

"That's what forgiveness is for, to show you're the better person." Jack understood why they would feel like that.

"Did you try and find him? Jack? did you try and find your brother? We hope he shows compassion. We know he doesn't show forgiveness." The computer gave off a streak of electricity, flinging it about, finding one of the soldiers and killing them stone dead..

In the panic, Jack had managed to get the side of the computer hard drive off,and, using the ability no to die, placed his hand in and tore the wires our and placed his fingers between the pins on the main computer chip, burning it out.

Toshiko appeared by the side of Captain Harkness, she was still covered in her own blood, but she looked as if she was regaining colour to her cheeks. He picked the scientist up and took her too the camp beds, where UNIT were still working.

"You think they should remember this?" Martha was at the door,.

"The retcon is working again, so, yeah. We're gonna send Hannah to hospital, they'll diagnose amnesia. I'll tell the team there was an accident that required me to retcon them. Everyone else's memory will stay erased. The memories of what happened due to regaining them will disappear." Jack shook Dr Jones' hand.

"See you sometime soon I suppose." She left the Torchwood hub. Captain Harkness sighed as he turned and walked towards his office. He picked up his phone and dialled a number.

"Doctor? Yeah, it's all OK now. You can go back to watching the first ever showing of the first ever movie on big screen. " He never wanted to do that kind of thing again..
♠ ♠ ♠
That was the end of the internet version of my Torchwood book I've written.