Torchwood- Forever

Chapter Four

PRESENT DAY

"How did you get it here then?" Toshiko was stroking the screen as if in love.

"Let's just say I had a little help." Jack grinned as everyone looked at Ianto.

"I didn't do anything. I'm just as confused as you lot." Ianto held up his hands.

"Let's get it back to the hub anyway. It needs to be examined. We can't use it yet, until I'm sure it's safe to."

"This is not what I expected for my Torchwood anniversary I must admit." Gwen shook her head. How come every one else had cool ones and she had to carry a oversized computer to a crate which would have to be towed to the hub?

"Least you got an anniversary. The early twentieth century wasn't the best partying time." Jack was heaving the crate towards the SUV. Gwen could hear the strain in his voice. Owen grabbed the other end of the oversized box.

"Couldn't we hire a forklift?" Even with him helping it seemed just as heavy.

"What would be the fun in that?" Jack tried to smile but all the expression he had left was strain. "Oh, and the firms always ask too many questions. We could just retcon them but it'd be a waste of time."

"You may be older and wiser than me, but, as i'm a doctor, I can tell that you're carrying the crate all wrong. You're going to end up getting a hernia. It dosen't take a medical genius to know that that's gonna hurt." The two men placed the crate down as the other three Torchwood employees dragged the hi-tech equiptment towards it.

"This is as light as a feather. I don't know why, but i'm getting suspisous. It's like it's just made for us to carry it." Ianto had no sign of struggle as he said this.

Jack opened the boot of the SUV and pulled out a towing trolly they had salvaged from a freight spaceship that had fallen through the rift. He attached all the chains to the hook, which he attached to the trolley. Owen and he lifted the crate carefully and placed it on.

Owen pulled off the lid. The others lifted the rift predictor up and put it in.

Toshiko placed the wires in beside the technology and closed the wooden box. The team climbed into the car and sped off. They didn't need to worry about the crate falling off, as the trolly had an alien form of magnetic energy that would keep everything in it's place and a place for everything.

"God my head's pounding." Dr Sato placed her head in her hands. She hadn't felt this bad in a long time. Thinking on it, it had only just started. How did it turn on this quick?