Torchwood- Forever

Chapter Six

Gwen fell through the door holding her keys. She could see a half drank bottle of wine on the table with two glasses on it. She saw a piece of paper under a candle that had been fully melted.

It said, "Gone to Dave's. bolognese in the microwave. Have the rest of the wine. We'll talk tomorrow (If you're home)" Gwen smacked her forehead. She had forgotten that her and Rhys were going to have a work anniversary meal.

The upset police officer poured herself a glass of wine and watched television. She fell asleep almost immediately.

She was woken up quite abruptly when she had a text from work. Grabbing her bag, she sped out of the door.

"Finally you're here!" Rhys was standing outside looking as if he had been kicked out of his favorite pub.

"I thought you were at Dave's. I have to go again, I'm so sorry." The WPC kissed her boyfriend on the cheek and got in her car. She sped off leaving the confused welshman on his own in the dark cardiff street.

"Distress call worked then?" Jack was leaning on the railings looking out on the bay. He greatcoat was waving in the freezing wind.

"It was just a text. What is it anyway?" The expression on Gwen's face was less than welcoming.
She leant on the railing with her back towards the bay.

"Owen's got new readings for you to look at. We couldn't get hold of Toshiko. You're the only option." Jack lead Gwen through the tourist information center to the hub.

Owen was waiting at the cog porthole. "Here's the luddite. C'mon then." Dr Harper walked to the autopsy room. "Yes it's a corpse. Walk around it please." Gwen retched as she looked at the wound going in a diagonal line across the face. It was one of the worst corpses she had seen. Not the worst, just one of them. It was like it was torn up and glued together.

She was passed a metal box. "What has this got anything to do with the rift predictor?" She held it to her ear and shook it.

"New project. This is a bit that needs checking. You know where Tosh lives right?" Owen started putting on a disposable green apron on. " If you're going to stay in here please stay in the viewing deck." He grabbed a scalpel and started an autopsy.

Gwen spun around to Ianto, "If wanted a job in postal I would've asked Rhys for one." She ran out of the hub to the carpark and climbed into her car. She sped off to Toshiko's apartment.

The WPC knocked on the door. No answer. She rang the doorbell. No answer. She started getting worried and, as police officers do, bashed the door open. There Toshiko was. Lying in the middle of the floor covered in blood.

Gwen rushed over to her and called Owen on her com. If anyone could help, he could. He is a doctor after all she thought to herself.

In no time at all, Owen was there. He opened his large metal medicine box. "Tosh, can you hear me?" He was shining a light into her pupils. "Could you pass me that vile of medicine please." PC Cooper's hands were trembling as she did this. "It would help if you passed the needle as well."

"How can you be so calm? That's our workmate, a friend. Dyeing." She passed the needle accidentally jabbing Owen's hand.

"Watch what you're doing!" He snatched it out of her trembling hands. He gave her a glare. "Help me get Tosh in the SUV, will you?"