Dance With Me in This Rain

The Call

The day was cold and windy, looking like it would rain any second. I pulled my black coat tighter around my body as I made my way through the crowded streets of New York City. The wind blew roughly, causing my long dark hair to fall in my face. I tucked some strands behind my ear, picking up my pace. I walked the familiar path home.

Today had been one of those days I thought would never end, and I was very thankful it was a Friday. I had worked from 8 am to 10 pm at the local coffee house, seeing as how two of the waitresses hadn't showed up. I spent practically the whole day just running back and forth refilling coffee mugs and getting people's food.

Luckily though, people were very generous and I received a pretty decent amount of tips.

This isn't complaining, trust me.

That job was what paid my bills and I was happy to work there. It just pissed me off when the waitresses would just suddenly disappear, leaving me to do all the work.

Besides working at the coffee house, I also did some volunteer work. My friend, Clara, had suggested that I help out at a children's school since I was so good with handling kids. I gladly took up the offer and I've been helping out for quite a while now.

I continued walking, until I reached the oh so familiar white and blue building. Home sweet home.

I entered the small building, being greeted by the warm atmosphere and closed the glass doors behind me. I waited patiently as the elevator took me up to the fifth floor. Finally, the doors opened and I walked up to my door, digging into my bag for my keys.

The one bedroom apartment I lived in was fairly spacious. It had a nice living room and a kitchen, a bathroom, a small balcony, and of course, my room.

Once I was in, I tossed my bag along with my keys on the small glass table next to the door and kicked off my black ballet flats. I sighed happily, taking off my coat and placing it neatly on the coat rack before making my way into the living room and flopping down on the couch.

I grabbed the remote control that laid next to me and turned on the TV, flipping through the channels in hopes of finding something interesting to watch. After realizing nothing good was on, I decided to just take a shower and go to bed, seeing there was nothing else I could do. Besides, the day had been long and I was exhausted.

The long hot shower was soothing and I felt as though a huge weight has been lifted off my body.

Oh, how I loved that feeling.

I wrapped the towel around my body, stepping out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. Suddenly, the sound of the phone ringing met my ears. It came from the living room.

"Shit", I muttered, quickly slipping on my pajamas, which consisted of a simple black shirt and black shorts.

The ringing continued, as I quickly brushed my dripping hair. I tossed my brush on the bed and made a mad dash towards the living room, looking around desperately in search of my cordless phone.

"Dammit!" I yelled, throwing the pillows off the couch. "Where the hell is it?"

I began searching under the couch and under the coffee table, but it wasn't there. I sighed, leaning my back against the wall, deciding to just let the machine pick it up.

- "Hey Bella, it's Bill. Listen, I just wanted to let you know that me and the guys are going to be staying in New York for a while and we really wanna see you! Please call me when you get this message. You know the number to my cell. We really miss you, Bella Wella. Haha, ok, so uh, bye." -

I felt a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. I hadn't heard from Bill and the guys in a long time, well, since the last time they've been in the city. I had met them while they were on vacation in New York from touring around Europe about two years ago.

Yes, Bill is in a band. A great band, actually. They're called Tokio Hotel and they're from Germany.

Of course, when I met them at the time, I had absolutely no idea who they were. So one day, while I was working my usual shift at the coffee house, they came in, all wearing hats and sunglasses, and sat down at a table next to the window.

When I came to take their orders, I had a little trouble understanding, because of their German accents. But after a few minutes, I found myself talking and laughing with them. I guess you could say that after that day, me and the boys just clicked and have been friends ever since.

Though, somehow, I grew closer to Bill, not so much with the rest of the guys. But still, I loved them all. Georg and Gustav are simply amazing. Georg is a big flirt and will just basically hit on anything with a pulse. Gustav is more of the quiet type, very down to earth. He's a great listener, I'll tell you that.

And then there's Tom. Bill's brother. Identical twin brother. Honestly, they looked nothing alike. Complete opposite.

The first time I met them, I couldn't even believe they were twins. But the reason they're so different is because of their radically different fashion styles. Bill almost always wore tight clothes and had black dyed hair, which was often spiked in different directions. I tell you, that kid loved his eyeliner.

And Tom, well, he went more for the gangsta look. Meaning, over sized shirts and pants, a sweatband and a baseball cap over his dark blond dreadlocks.

Tom was just the kind of guy who loved cracking jokes and was always coming up with some sarcastic remark. He loved giving me a hard time, which I found incredibly annoying. But I knew he did that just to piss me off. Like I said, Bill was the complete opposite. I could basically just talk to him about anything.

I looked up at the clock that hung over the kitchen door. 12:30

I yawned and stared back at the machine. I'll just call him tomorrow, I thought.

I walked back over to my bedroom, smiling to myself. I laid on my bed, pulling the comfy covers over me. Staring out the large window, I could see the bright city lights illuminating my room. I always admired the city from my bedroom window before going to sleep.

A few minutes later, I felt my eyes getting heavier. I turned to my side, but not before taking one last look at the city below me, and fell fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check yes Juliet
Kill the limbo
I'll keep tossing rocks at your window
There's no turning back for us tonight.