Dance With Me in This Rain

Hello and Goodbye

Wednesday, 2:30 pm.
The coffee house was fairly crowded. I was so caught up in bringing everyone's orders, not having time even to breathe. Whenever I'd try to sit and have a moment to relax, my boss Rachel would snap her fingers, meaning 'Get back to work' or 'Don't doze off.'
A few weeks went by since I last saw Tom going out with Clara. I didn't talk to them as much, which was a good thing.....to me at least.
The only times I did talk to Clara was when I'd see her at the school, where she'd always be babbling on about Tom and how he's so fantastic and all that shit.
Of course, being the good friend and not once telling her my feelings for the guy, I'd always reply with, 'That's awesome, Clara' or 'I'm so happy for you."
I was always faking a smile. I didn't want to, but I did. I mean, I couldn't show her how 'disappointed' I was, could I? I had to be happy for her. And for Tom.
They both seemed to really like each other.
I honestly didn't know if they were 'official' now or not. But from what Clara keeps telling me, they're definately getting there.
All I could say is: good for them. While they're off enjoying each other's company, I'm here working my ass off at my crappy job.
"Miss, I ordered a chocolate chip muffin, not a blueberry!" Some woman complained, holding up the small plate with the blueberry muffin on it.
I sighed, walking over to her table, taking the plate from her hand. "I'm so sorry. I'll go get your chocolate chip muffin," I apologized.
"Hey, can I get another spoon over here? My little girl dropped hers on the floor," Another woman said, waving the spoon in the air, while her daughter began eating an apple pie with her hands.
"Alexia! Don't eat with your hands! Have some manners, young lady! Spoon, Miss, please!" The woman pleaded, with a desperate look on her face.
I ran over to her table, grabbing the spoon. "I'll be back with another spoon," I said, making my way towards the back of the counter. But halfway there, a little boy who was holding a large cup of soda suddenly spilled it all over the floor, causing me to slip and fall on my ass in front of everyone. Not to mention, the plate with the muffin shattered in a million pieces.
Shit.
The boy snickered and ran over to his mother, who didn't say anything, only stared, as if a car crash had just occured in front of her. I groaned, picking myself up since apparently no one seemed to care and not even bothered to help. I looked at the pieces of the white plate on the floor, sighing with exhaustion.
As I went down to pick them up, I found myself bumping my head HARD on another person's head.
"What the...." I began saying as I looked up, holding my head.
I immediately felt my hands go numb once I saw who it was.
Tom Kaulitz in the flesh.
My mouth opened a little, as my arm fell to my side. My heart pounded much faster than it did before.
Damn. What's he doing here?
"Here, let me help you," He said, breaking me out of my pathetic little trance. He bent down, picking up the broken pieces off the floor.
"N-no, it's ok. It was my fault," I said quietly, removing them quickly from his hands.
I let my hair fall over my eyes, as I continued picking the plate bits.
Why is it that he always sees me in such bad conditions?
First he saw me puking, now he had to see me at work right after I slipped on soda. I probably looked like someone had run me over with a freaking monster truck.
I hadn't really been paying much mind on my looks these days, to tell you the truth.
And now, I'm kind of regretting that. Immensely.
Maybe I felt all weird around him now because of my little discovery. I hadn't seen him since the day my damn mind convinced me I liked him as more than just a friend.
But even feeling the slight awkwardness, I knew I couldn't let myself act strange around him. I just have to be the same old Bella and not let my emotions get the best of me.
Tom laughed a little. "Don't be stubborn. I'll help you."
"Look, I don't need any help," I said sternly, losing eye contact with him.
Tom's face fell a little as he took a step back. "Ok, fine."
I mentally kicked myself.
I realized that was a bit bitchy on my part. Ok. Alot bitchy.
I sighed and turned around, making my way towards the back rooms of the coffee house to get a mop.
When I returned, Tom was still there, only sitting on a nearby table.
I thought he was gonna leave. But, of course, I was wrong.
I didn't say anything to him as I began mopping up the floor. I realized my pants were all sticky, since I had fallen right on top of the soda.
"Miss, my muffin!" The angry lady yelled. "God, the service here is terrible!"
Shit, I forgot about the damn muffin.
I groaned, letting go of the mop and running to the back of the counter, grabbing a chocolate chip muffin from the glass case. I wrapped it neatly around a white napkin and set it on a plate before bringing it to her.
I forced a smile. "Sorry for the wait."
The woman just rolled her eyes, mumbling something under her breath.
"Um, my spoon. Where's my spoon?!" The woman with the daughter said. "My child still has no spoon!"
I cursed under my breath as I grabbed a spoon and ran over to them, handing it to her daughter, who's mouth and hands were red from the apple filling of the pie.
As I came back to mop the floor, I noticed Tom watching me in amusement.
"Let me guess. The waitresses didn't show up again?" Tom said, raising an eyebrow.
"Wow, you're good," I replied sarcastically, mopping the sticky liquid on the floor.
Tom laughed.
"You're cranky, I get that," He said.
"The only thing that makes me cranky is the fact that I'm here all by myself, while my boss is out somewhere, when she clearly told me she'd be coming back any minute to help."
"Your boss sounds like a bitch," Tom stated, smiling.
"Not really. I mean, she's okay. Besides, how would you know? You've never met her."
Tom shrugged. "I just know. Don't ask how."
I shook my head. "You're a mysterious one."
Tom grinned. "I know."
I rolled my eyes and turned around, taking the mop back to the room. I then went over to my spot behind the counter. Tom stood from the table, and walked over to the counter.
"So what are you doing here?" I asked, fixing my apron.
"What, can't a guy come see his friend at work?" He smirked.
I arched an eyebrow.
"Oh, so you're here to see me? How delightful." I teased.
"Yes, I know," He replied, grinning.
I rolled my eyes. "Seriously, what do you want?"
"Jeez, no need to be so mean," He joked, holding his hands up.
"Well, I just slipped on soda and my ass hurts. How would you feel?" I snapped.
Tom furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed...sorry."
He smiled.
My stomach did flips. Bella, please. Control yourself.
"I'm actually here to ask you something," Tom said, picking up a napkin holder and playing with it.
I nodded. "Ok. What is it?"
"Well, the guys and I are going to rent some movies and order pizza tonight. We want you to come," He said, grinning.
I bit my bottom lip. "I don't know, Tom. I'm pretty busy."
Tom placed the napkin holder back in its place.
"Busy with what?"
I paused. "Um...stuff?"
Tom smirked. "What kind of stuff?"
I rolled my eyes. "You're a bit to curious for my taste, you know that?"
He shrugged. "Come on, Bella. The guys miss you. And so do I," He said.
I couldn't help but smile at that. "Really? Even you, Kaulitz?"
Tom made a funny face. "Why? Is that so hard to believe?"
"Yes," I answered monotonously.
Tom rolled his eyes. "It just feels like I haven't seen you in forever. I mean, the last time I saw you was-"
"At the school," I finished his sentence.
Where my nightmare began.
Tom nodded. "Exactly. So will you come?"
I sighed, pretending to think. Tom was looking at me, with a sort of pleading look on his face. I tried not to laugh.
"Yeah ok," I said, giving in.
Tom grinned widely, reaching over the counter to ruffle my hair.
"Ugh, first Georg, now you? Why do you guys always mess with my hair?" I whined, but laughing all the same.
"That's just cause we love you. Anyways, see you tonight, then?" He said, as he got off the stool.
I smiled, nodding. "Yeah, see you tonight."
"Cool. Bye," He waved as he walked away, out the door.
A smile played across my lips. But it soon faded once the thought of Clara and Tom together filled my head again.
Though, my thoughts were immediately interrupted once I heard a familiar voice yell, "Miss! My daughter dropped her spoon again!"
I groaned, fixing my apron again, and went back to work.
I knew this was going to be another one of those days. But I was kind of looking forward to seeing my friends again.
♠ ♠ ♠
They may say some awful things
But there's no point in listening
Your words are the only words
That I believe in afterwards.