Dance With Me in This Rain

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

I stepped into the hotel elevator, which took me up to the 4th floor where the guys' rooms were.
While in the elevator, I clutched on the strap of my bag, remembering the last time I had been there.
Oh, the wicked memories.
The stupid Truth or Dare game that started this whole thing. And by thing I mean, the mere fact that I've fallen for Tom Kaulitz.
No, I didn't want to. It just...happened.
Believe me, I've tried denying this before, but it just seemed to make me like the guy even more.
I couldn't let that be an excuse, though. I couldn't even imagine me opening my big mouth to Tom, ruining his whole relationship with my best friend. She was happy, and so was I.
Well, sort of.
The metal doors suddenly opened, once it hit the 4th floor. I stepped out, adjusting my shirt and pants.
I was wearing a white Paramore shirt with jeans and black flats. My hair was left down, some of it covering my right eye. It kind of gave off an emo look, which wasn't really what I was going for. But hey, since when do I care about fashion?
I made a fist with my right hand, my knuckles coming in contact with the door, as I knocked lightly on it.
I heard a few voices coming from the inside, followed by someone yelling out something I couldn't quite understand.
The door then opened, and a head popped out. A head belonging to Mr. Bill Kaulitz.
His eyes laid on me and his mouth formed the widest grin you could possibly imagine.
He pushed the door open, grabbing my arm and pulling me inside, making me stumble a little.
"Hello to you too, Billy," I said, laughing.
He threw his arms around me tightly. "Where the hell have you been? It's like you shut us out of your life these past days!" He exclaimed.
"Bill. Can't. Breathe," I said in between breaths. I felt red in the face.
He suddenly let go. "Oops. Sorry."
I laughed, taking a breath. "Of course I haven't shut you guys out of my life! I've just been super busy," I explained.
Bill smiled, hugging me again. "It's ok. I know how busy you can be. But you can't let your work stop you from having a good time....especially with us!"
I laughed and so did he.
"Come on," He said, grabbing my hand, "Let's go. We've been waiting for you."
I nodded, and followed, stepping on a few chips and what seemed like pieces of chocolate on the floor.
"Jeez, don't you guys ever clean?" I laughed, staring at the incredibly dirty floor.
Bill shrugged. "We're guys."
"That's no excuse. This place looks like its been hit by a tornado or something," I joked.
"Bella!" Georg suddenly squealed, once Bill and I came into view.
He ran over, hugging me tightly. Gustav, who had been chewing on a piece of chocolate, stood up from the couch, hugging me also.
"Wow, you boys missed me?" I laughed.
"Duh," Georg replied, ruffling my hair.
Here we go again.
"Haha, she hates it when you do that, Georg," Bill said.
"Nah, it's fine," I said with a crooked smile, as I fixed my hair.
"Oh, well, in that case..." Gustav began saying, as he ruffled my hair wildly.
Georg, Gustav and Bill all burst out in laughter as they looked at me.
"She's got crazy hair now!" Gustav said.
I rolled my eyes. "Seriously, you guys act like 2 year olds," I said, shaking my head.
"And proud of it," Georg stated, grinning.
I rolled my eyes. "So where's Tom?" I asked, setting my bag down on the nearest bed.
"He and Clara are out getting the movies," Bill replied, sitting on the floor.
I paused and tried not to look so disappointed, and once again, faked a smile.
Of course Clara's gonna be here, you idiot. She's dating Tom, remember?
How could I not remember?, I argued with my conscience.
"G-great."
I walked over to Bill, sitting next to him on the floor, while Georg and Gustav did the same.
They all began talking about some rock band, while I just sat there in silence, thinking of no one other than Tom.
Maybe I made a mistake in coming here tonight. I looked at the guys who talked, and wondered if they'd be too upset if I told them I had to leave.
I shook my head, mentally kicking myself.
Of course they'd be upset. All I had to do was try to just focus on the movies and not Tom or Clara. I mean, I wasn't there only for Tom. I was there mostly for Bill, since I hadn't seen him in a while.
I really missed talking to him. But I knew I couldn't tell him that I liked his brother. I didn't even know how he'd react.
I looked down at my hands, but felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" Bill asked, staring at me concerningly.
"W-what? Oh, I'm fine." I waved him off.
"You sure?" He said, no longer participating in the conversation of Georg and Gustav.
"Of course. I'm here with you guys, aren't I?" I smiled weakly.
Bill smiled. "We'll try and make you forget about work, okay? You need to have fun."
I nodded. "Thanks, Billy."
He rubbed my back. "No prob."
Just then, we heard the door opening, followed by a few laughs.
I closed my eyes for a milisecond, knowing they had arrived.
Tom and Clara.
They soon walked in the living room....holding hands.
I felt a very light pain on the inside.
"Hey Belle!" Clara greeted, running towards me and giving me a hug.
I smiled. "Hey! Hi, Tom," I said.
He waved. "Hey. You made it!"
"Of course I did, genius," I replied, rolling my eyes.
"Hey, not cool," He said, in mock hurtfulness. "I think you deserve a shove," He said, coming closer.
Clara furrowed her eyebrows. "A shove?"
Tom and I laughed. "Yeah, we always shove each other. It's this weird thing we do all the time. Oh, and I mess up her hair alot too," Tom said, sticking his tongue out at me.
"Wait, that's what I do!" Georg said.
"Guys, please. Everyone messes my hair. I don't know why people don't let it stay in place." I laughed.
"Aw. We're sorry, then," Georg said. He then messed my hair wildly and ran away from me, laughing like an idiot.
I groaned loudly. "That's it. I'm shaving my head."
They all laughed.
"Hey, so what movies did you get?!" Gustav asked, clapping his hands. Tom handed the plastic Blockbuster bag to him. He took it, taking out the DVDs.
"Dude, you got The Ring?" Bill asked, taking the DVD case from Gustav's hand and looking at it.
"Yep," Tom replied. "I haven't watched it yet."
"You've never watched The Ring?" I asked in disbelief.
Tom shrugged. "Nope, that's why I wanted to get it."
"Hey, just out of curiosity, why did you get a horror flick? You have nightmares whenever you watch scary movies," Bill said to his brother, laughing.
Tom glared at him. "I do not have nightmares! I just...prefer comedies, that's all."
"Right," Bill said, rolling his eyes.
"The Ring is cool, I guess. I've watched it like a hundred times," I said, nodding.
"Cool. So what other movies did you get?" Bill asked Tom.
"Well, I got 50 First Dates and Clara wanted to get The Notebook," He said that last part mockingly.
Clara hit him playfully on the arm. "Hey! The Notebook is a great movie."
"No it's not. It's just a cheesy romance movie."
"No way! Belle, back me up here," Clara said, looking at me.
I sighed. I wasn't one for watching romance movies. I really wasn't.
"Um yeah, it's a cool movie," I lied, recieving a few stares.
"Really, you like this romance crap?" Georg asked, holding up the DVD case.
I shrugged. "Whatever."
"Wow. Bella is revealing her true self," Tom joked.
"Shut up," I said.
"So what movie are we going to watch first?" Bill asked, walking over to the TV set.
"The Ring, duh. It seems like everyone saw it but me," Tom said, sitting himself down on the floor. Clara, of course, followed, cuddling up to him.
I cleared my throat, pretending I didn't see that, and sat myself on the end of the couch, which was a little far from where the two were sitting.
"Ok, Bill, hit the play button," Gustav said, once everyone was seated.
I sat next to Bill, while Gustav sat on his other side and Georg sat on the floor.
As soon as we hit the lights and the movie started, I could see Clara cuddling closer with Tom, who by the way, didn't show any reaction. He was basically more focused on the movie then at her.
I sighed, laying my head on Bill's shoulder. He smiled, wrapping his arms around me, which became more comfortable.
"Ok, so what's gonna happen with those two girls?" Gustav asked intriguingly.
"Shhh. Just watch the movie, Gustav," Georg said, rolling his eyes.
A few minutes into the movie, I observed Tom and Clara. She had her hands on his leg and he had his arm around her.
I bit my bottom lip nervously.
Why the hell is this bugging me so much? God, I hate this. I hate liking Tom. I hate the fact that he's actually going out with my best friend.
Stupid, stupid, stupid crush.
An hour later, the movie was finally over. And to be honest, I was quite relieved.
I couldn't stand seeing Clara grab hold of Tom everytime a scary part came on. It made me wonder if she was really scared, or just faking, since that girl loves scary movies.
Hell, she was the one who made me watch The Amityville Horror one time. I guess she was probably pretending to be scared just to hold on to him.
Hmm, smart move.
And, surprisingly, Tom didn't seem to notice that.
"Shit, that last part was so freaking bizarre. I mean, just when you think the girl is released from the well and all is good, bam! She climbs out of a TV and kills a dude," Tom said, laughing.
"Yeah, that scene will haunt my dreams for a week, I just know," Gustav said, holding onto a pillow. He looked frightened out of his mind.
Bill snorted. "Pussies."
"Hey!" Gustav yelled, throwing the pillow at Bill, who laughed.
"Yeah, that was so scary!" Clara said, placing her head on Tom's shoulder. "Tom, if that Samara chick ever came out of the TV, would you try and save me?"
I held in my laughter, and apparently, so did everybody else.
What a lame question. But yet, it seemed funny.
The look on Tom's face was priceless. I assure you.
He stared at her. "Um...sure?"
Clara grinned. "Aw, I'd save you too." Then, it happened. She kissed him. And no, not on the cheek, people.
The lips. I cringed a little. I had never seen them kiss. And I certainly had no idea how hard it was to see that.
Sad thing was, Tom was kissing her back.
I looked at Bill and the guys in disgust, only they seemed more interested in the two 'lovebirds' in front of us.
"Ohhh. Clara and Tom sitting in a tree!" Bill sang.
"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Georg sang along.
I rolled my eyes. I honestly thought I could handle seeing those two, but I just now realized, I can't.
If they acted like this with a scary movie, imagine what they'd do while watching a romance movie?
Dear God. I'm getting mental pictures already. And they're extremely sick.
"Um, you know what guys, I think I'm gonna go," I said suddenly.
Seemed like the best thing to do at that moment, I think.
Bill suddenly looked at me and so did the guys. Tom and Clara stopped kissing.
All eyes on me. I hated that.
"What? But what about the other movies?" Bill asked, with a look of disappointment.
"It's okay. I've already watched them anyways. Besides, I'm sort of busy tomorrow." I got up from the couch.
Man, I hate lying to Bill.
"Come on, Bella! You're always busy. Just stay a little longer," Gustav said, taking my hand and trying to make me sit down again."
"Yeah," Bill said, taking my other hand.
I sighed. "I'm sorry, guys. We can do this some other time."
"Belle, just stay. The guys obviously love you. You're letting them down," Clara said, with a sad face. I was surprised she had let go of Tom.
I shook my head. "I'm serious, guys. I can't stay. It's already," I looked at the watch on Gustav's arm, "10 o'clock."
Bill sighed. "Ok, fine. But you have to promise that the next time we invite you over, you're gonna stay as long as we want!"
"Yeah! We'll decide when you can go home!" Georg said with a grin.
I laughed. "Okay. I promise."
I waved them all goodbye, and headed out the door. Just as I went to close the door behind me, I felt it suddenly swing open.
I turned around to see Tom standing there. He looked a bit....serious?
"You, uh, forgot your bag," He said, holding it up in his hand.
"Oh," I said absent-mindedly, taking it, "Thanks."
He nodded.
I was about to turn around when I hear him ask, "Is everything okay?" He asked this in a low voice, as if trying not to let the others hear.
I looked at him confusingly. "Uh, yeah."
"You sure? You seem a little...lost."
I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
He shrugged. "Well, for one thing, you forgot your bag."
"So?" I said, crossing my arms.
Where was he getting with this?
"So, you never forget your bag. Hell, that day when you ran off you didn't forget it."
I snorted. "So I forgot my bag. Big deal. I can forget things."
"I'm just saying, you're acting a little strange these days."
"How can you say that? I haven't even seen you in like, weeks."
"That's exactly my point. Why'd you disappear all of a sudden? And please, don't give me the 'i'm busy' shit."
I scoffed, not believing his sudden rude attitude. "Look, Tom. I'm not rich and famous like you. I have jobs. So excuse me if I didn't take a break from my life to worship you," I snapped.
I didn't know why I said that the way I said it. I guess it just slipped out.
He shook his head. "Worship? That's not what I mean, okay? It's just....I wanted you to know that..." He paused, but breathed deeply before continuing his sentence, " I didn't do it to piss you off."
I cocked an eyebrow, completely oblivious to what he was talking about. "Could you be a little more specific?"
He sighed, slowly closing the door behind him. It was just him and me standing in the hotel corridor now.
"I didn't mean to."
I shrugged. "I still don't know what you're talking about, Tom."
"Look, I'm sorry if I did anything to upset you. Clara and I....we're not serious or anything-"
I shook my head furiously.
Now I wasn't so oblivious. And I couldn't believe he was saying this.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What?! Clara?! Are you talking about my best friend?"
"Well, kind of."
I scoffed. "Tom, let's be clear on something. I don't care if you and Clara are serious or not."
He stuffed his hands in his jean pockets. "Does it bother you that I'm seeing her?"
My eyes went wide, as I opened my mouth in disbelief.
"Oh my God. You think I'm jealous," I insinuated. "You actually think I'm jealous."
I was getting pissed. But with good reason.
"I never said that," He said calmly. "I just think that maybe me going out with Clara is bothering you in some way. And if it is, I'm really sorry."
Oh my God.
Now this made me pissed even more.
Yes, we all know I have a 'thing' for this kid, but that doesn't mean he should know about it!
"Do you seriously think I'm upset because you're going out with Clara?!" I said, my voice oddly calm itself.
He didn't answer.
"Think again, Kaulitz," I hissed, trying my best not to let the guys and Clara hear us.
"Bella, you don't have to lie-" He began, before I cut in.
"I'm not lying! News flash, kid. I couldn't care less if you're dating my friend or not. Do whatever the hell you want. You're a big boy, right?"
Tom stared at me seriously, with the look of someone who's lost all his words.
"Bella-" He tried saying.
"Save it. You know, I actually thought you changed. I thought we were friends-"
"We are friends!" He interrupted. "I never said we weren't!"
"Then why the hell would it ever cross your mind that I was jealous?!"
Just as he was about to say something, the door suddenly opened behind him.
Bill stood there, staring at us in mere confusion.
"Bella?" He said confusingly. "I thought you left." He then looked at Tom, who didn't move.
"What's going on here, guys?" Bill asked, looking back and forth at us.
"Nothing, Billy. I-I was just leaving," I covered, glaring at Tom. I shot Bill an apologetic smile before turning around and walking over to the elevator.
I could see them watching me leave, and I didn't look back.
I walked quickly out that hotel, hoping Bill or any of the guys wouldn't come after me.
Once I was on the sidewalk, I slowed my pace and came to a stop. I leaned back against a building wall, staring up at the night sky.
Why was it that everytime I went to their hotel, I ended up leaving in a mad state? And of course, all because of Tom. I didn't even know what came over me. I guess I just got mad at him for thinking I was jealous or something.
But the part that got me really mad was that he was completely right.
I hated admitting this to myself, but it was true: I, Izabella Moore, am jealous of my best friend.
But, dammit, how I wish I weren't.
I didn't know how I would face Tom after my crazy outburst. Would things be the same or not? He'd probably shut me out of his life and live happily ever after with Clara.
I sighed, kicking the wall in frustration, which ended up being the biggest mistake yet. I immediately yelped in pain, jumping up and down, holding my leg tightly.
God, I'm so pathetic.
"I have to stop thinking about him," I said to myself.
Unfortunately, all I could ever think about was him.
After a couple minutes of limping my way back to my apartment, I went in, recieving a weird stare from the doorman.
"Everything okay, Miss Izabella?" He asked concerningly, as he held the door open for me.
"Oh I-I'm fine. No worries, Steve." I smiled weakly.
He raised an eyebrow and smiled, nonetheless.
"See you, Steve," I said with a wave as I made my way towards the elevator. He waved back and I went up, thanking the good Lord I was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Spent most of last night dragging this lake
For the corpses of all my past mistakes
Sell me out, the joke's on you
We are salt and you are the wound.