Dance With Me in This Rain

I Just Think That She's The Best

"I'll have a black coffee, please," An old man with a brown hat and thick round glasses said.
I smiled politely, nodding. "Coming right up, sir," I said.
I turned around to face Darcy, the other waitress, who miraculously showed up today.
Seriously, it was a miracle that I wasn't alone like I had been the other day.
"Darcy, black coffee."
She nodded, walking over to the coffee machine, and filling the white cup with the steaming hot liquid.
"There you go," She said plainly, handing the old man the hot cup.
"Thank you, girls," He said, handing me the money. I smiled again and Darcy just nodded in response, as she popped the gum she was chewing between her teeth.
He looked at her as if thinking, Rude young lady, causing me to laugh under my breath. Then he walked away, sipping his coffee.
Darcy continued popping her gum and looked at me weirdly. "What?"
"Did you see the way that man stared at you?" I asked, still laughing.
She shrugged. "No. Why, was he checking me out? Because I gotta say, old guys kind of turn me on."
I stopped laughing, staring at her shockingly. "Please tell me your joking."
She smirked. "Nope. They just look....I dunno, wise beyond their years."
"Honey, that's because they've already reached their years," I said, rolling my eyes.
I can't say I was too surprised.
Darcy's always been a weird girl. She once introduced me to a boyfriend of hers named Rocky.
No joke, that was his name.
He looked about 20 years older than her and his arms were covered in tattoos. His nose and ears and eyebrows were all pierced. He kinda reminded me of one of those old bikers you see in movies.
But hey, who am I to judge?
Darcy pulled out a magazine from her purse and sat on the stool, reading it while popping her gum.
I grabbed a wet cloth from the little sink and began cleaning the marble countertop. The coffee shop wasn't crowded today, so I pretty much had nothing else to do.
I continued cleaning, humming a song quietly to myself. I was humming Emily by From First To Last.
It was one of my favorites.
"Bella! Bella are you here?!" I heard a voice yell my name from outside the coffee house. My head shot up to see who it was. I realized it was Clara.
She ran into the coffee house in a hurry, nearly tripping in the process.
I dropped the wet cloth, and stared at her confusingly.
"Clara? What is it?" I asked worridly.
She looked over at me, running desperately towards the counter where I stood behind.
"Bella, it was awful!" She started saying. She laid her head on the countertop, mumbling things that were impossible to comprehend.
I looked over at Darcy with wide eyes and she just lifted an eyebrow while still holding her magazine. "What's up with her?" She mouthed, pointing towards Clara.
I shrugged and looked back at my friend. I shook her by the shoulder. "Clara? Hun, what's wrong?"
She soon lifted her head to look at me, revealing her mascara smudged eyes and cheeks. Her hair was a complete mess and her outfit consisted of a black dress and an oversized hoodie.
"Are you okay?" I dared to ask after a minute of silence.
She scoffed. "Do I look okay?! I'm freaking miserable here!" She cried.
Two woman who were sitting at the table near the window watched Clara in confusion.
"Clara, just tell me what happened," I said calmly, waiting for her reply.
She took a deep breath and nodded, sitting on the stool. She pushed her messy hair back in hopes of making it look straighter, but sadly didn't succeed. It looked like a haystack.
"I-It's Tom," She stuttered.
I paused. Oh shit. This isn't good.
I bit my lip. "W-what about Tom? Is everything okay with you two?" I asked, a bit shakily.
Damn, if Tom said anything to make her upset, I swear, I will pound that boy's ass to the ground.
"No," She cried, wiping her mascara stained cheeks. "He fucking dumped me."
"What?!" I barked, banging my hands on the counter, making both Clara and Darcy jump at the loud sound it had made. Even the ladies near the window jumped in surprise.
Bella, calm down.
"Whoa, girl. You seem more upset than your buddy here," Darcy said, staring at me weirdly.
I started laughing nervously, fixing my apron. "I'm just....shocked. That's all," I said, trying to cover it up.
Clara shook her head. "Bella, what am I gonna do? He broke up with me! I mean, is there something wrong with me or what?" She whined, banging her head against the countertop.
I sighed. "Of course not! He's the one who's got it all wrong. He shouldn't have done that. Did he say why he broke up with you?" I asked this question very carefully, praying it wasn't because of me.
But in the back of my mind, I knew it was.
"No! He just said it wasn't working out and asked me if we could still be friends....Friends!" She said, with strong emphasis on the word friends. "Tom Kaulitz broke up with me....God, I'm such a loser!"
Darcy snorted, as she kept her eyes on her magazine. "Honey, you're way past that."
Clara glared murderously at Darcy, who just simply popped another bubble between her teeth.
"Bella, I need you," She said, no longer paying attention to Darcy. "When do you get off?"
Her eyes were red and puffy, which made me feel a bit...guilty.
"At three," I said, with an apologetic look. "But don't worry, once I'm out, I'll come by your house and we can talk more, okay?" I said, rubbing her shoulders.
She pouted, looking like she was about to cry. "O-okay. Hurry. I really need a friend right now," She said.
I nodded. "Just go home and stay there. I know! Why don't you watch The Notebook? You love that movie, don't you?" I said, trying to comfort her.
She sniffed, shrugging. "Yeah, I guess."
"Okay, then go watch it and before you know it, I'll be there so we can talk some more."
She smiled weakly. "Thanks, Belle. You're my best friend, you know that?"
I smiled weakly, nodding. "Yeah."
She laughed a little. "Hurry," She said, before getting off the stool and waving me goodbye. Through the window, I could see her walking outside, with her head hung low.
She looked beyond miserable. Like someone had taken her heart and stomped on it.
I sighed.
I can't believe Tom broke up with her! Shit, this is all my fault.
Selfish me.
I mumbled cuss words to myself. Darcy looked up from her magazine.
"Man, you chicks are weird," She stated, shaking her head.

___

I took a deep breath, looking up at the hotel in front of me.
I was going in. I had to go in and straighten things out or I would never forgive myself.
Now, this could end in two ways: me leaving pissed like always or Tom could possibly agree with me for once and get back together with Clara.
Either way, I was going in. I had to fix the damages.
I took the elevator, thinking of what to say to Tom. He'd probably be really surprised in seeing me there.
I inhaled and exhaled deeply once the metal doors opened and I stepped out. I walked up to door 430 and stopped in front of it.
"Just do it quick, Bella," I said to myself. "Quick and painless. Like ripping off a band-aid."
I swallowed hard and knocked lightly on the door.
I then heard a few noises inside. It sounded as though someone had tripped on something.
I stayed still, waiting for that door to open.
At last, the doorknob was turned from the inside and the door opened, revealing...surprise surprise, Tom Kaulitz himself.
He took a second, staring at me, as if never expecting me to be standing there after what had happened between us.
"Bella?" He said quietly, rubbing his eyes tiredly. I must've woken him up.
"No, Gwen Stefani," I replied sarcastically. "Are you alone?" I asked, looking over his shoulder to see if any of the guys were in there.
He shrugged. "Yeah."
"Great," I said, pushing past him, as I entered the room. Needless to say, the guys still hadn't cleaned up the mess. It was almost impossible to stay there.
How the guys managed to even sleep in there was beyond me.
Tom crossed his arms, leaning the left side of his body on the wall, as he stared at me in slight confusion.
"What are you doing here? I thought we weren't supposed to see each other anymore," He said mockingly, in a low voice.
I could hear the hurt in his very words.
I sighed. "I never said we couldn't see each other."
He raised an eyebrow. "So you changed your mind?"
"No!" I exclaimed, making him stare at me weirdly. "Tom, why the hell did you break up with Clara?" I said, now more calmly.
He grumbled, stepping away from the wall and walking over to his bed, collapsing on it face down.
"If you're here to ask me about the stupid breakup, then please. Don't bother," He mumbled, burying his head under a pillow.
I scoffed disbelievingly. "Do you have any idea how upset you made her, Tom? She came to me today, crying. I mean, doesn't that affect you in any way?"
I stood there in front of his bed, staring down at him, waiting for a reply.
Tom pushed the pillow off his head.
"She was crying?" He asked quietly, as he sat up, looking at me.
"Yes. She looked miserable," I replied.
He sighed, looking down at his hands. "I don't want her to be upset. But Bella, this is so fucking complicated." He stated, rather annoyed. "I want you, not her."
I bit my lip, trying to figure out what to say.
"You know, it'll never work," I said quietly.
His head shot up. "Why not? I want it and so do you."
I frowned. "Who said I want it?"
He smirked. "Oh please. I know you want it. I'm all you ever think about."
My jaw dropped in disbelief. "Oh my God! You are so conceited, you know that?"
He shrugged, crossing his arms. "Yep."
I rolled my eyes. It's like talking to a child. "Why can't I ever just have a mature conversation with you?"
"Hey, I'm just stating the obvious."
I shook my head. "Tom, this is never gonna work. We can't do this."
He sighed in frustration. "Then why the fuck are you here?"
"Because I want you to fix things with Clara!"
"I don't want to fix things with her!" He exclaimed, waving his arms.
I put my hands on my head. "Tom, you're making this so hard for me!"
He snorted. "You're the one who's making it hard, Bella! Why can't you just accept the fact that you have feelings for me?"
I stared at him, shaking my head. "But what will we tell the guys...and Clara?"
He shrugged. "We don't tell them shit. They don't have to know about us, especially Clara."
I bit my nail nervously and started pacing around the room, while Tom watched from his spot on the bed.
Minutes went by as the silence grew in the room.
"You really think this would work?" I whispered, coming to a stop.
He got up from the bed and came near me. "It has to. Or I'll fucking drown myself," He said with a laugh. "It's you who I want. You and no one else."
It was so hard to maintain a straight face when those words escaped his mouth.
Imagine if Tom Kaulitz ever said that to you? It seems impossible, right?
But here's the crazy thing: it's not.
I never thought Tom would pack up the courage to say those words right to my face.
"Promise me that this will work," I said quietly. "I have to trust you."
"You can trust me, Bella. I promise, this will work," He said, with a smile.
I finally nodded. "So....what now?" I asked.
A mischevious grin suddenly spread across his face, as he wiggled his eyebrows. "I have an idea."
I looked at him weirdly.
"No, not that! Ew," I said, backing away from him, already knowing what his idea was.
Damn, that boy has a dirty mind.
He scrunched his nose. "Why not?" He whined, like a little kid who's just been denied a toy from the toy store.
"Is that all you think about?" I asked with a quiet laugh.
He looked up, pretending to think hard. "Yes."
I hit him on the arm. "You're a man whore," I teased.
He shrugged. "That I am."
I rolled my eyes. "Is it like a 24/7 kind of thing? You know, when you're constantly turned on?"
"Not always. But with you, it'll be harder for me to control myself, that's for sure."
I hit him again. "Jeez ,Tom, you're so-"
But I wasn't able to finish my sentence. He had suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me against him. He kissed me softly, wrapping his arms firmly around my waist.
Well, that shut me up.
I slowly gave in, placing my arms around his neck and kissing him back.
It was nice, I had to admit.
I'm not gonna lie and say that I forgot about Clara. But if this thing between Tom and I did work, we'd have to keep it a secret. Otherwise, Bill would probably freak if he found out and Clara...don't even get me started.
Minutes went by, where we still hadn't let go.
"You really meant what you said?" I asked quietly, as Tom now planted little kisses on my neck.
"About?" He asked, fully concentrated on those little kisses.
"About me. Because I don't think I'd ever heard you say something like that."
He stopped kissing me, and stared me in the eyes. "What, I can be romantic, can't I?" He laughed.
"I just never took you for a romantic type of guy," I said, shrugging.
He shook his head. "There's a lot you don't know about me," He said in a sort of seductive voice, which made me burst out laughing.
"How come you always laugh?" He said, pushing me playfully.
"Cause you're funny. And a bit retarded," I joked.
He opened his mouth.
"Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong now, biatch!" He laughed, suddenly starting to tickle me.
My eyes widened. I was very ticklish and it was honestly a bit surprising to know that he knew about that.
"No!" I squealed, pushing him away from me. I sprinted away from him, and he followed, laughing maniacally. I jumped on the bed.
"Tom, stop!" I yelled.
"Only if you take it back!" He sang, jumping on the bed next to me, and preparing to tickle me again.
"No way."
"Well then, I guess I have no choice!" He began tickling me like crazy on my legs and my arms, and I just yelled.
"Fine, fine! I take it back!" I squealed, shielding myself with a pillow.
He stopped, laughing in triumph. "Now tell me I'm the sexiest man alive."
"Okay, let's not get carried away."
"What?! You don't think I'm sexy?" He made a puppy face.
I rolled my eyes, throwing the pillow at him. "If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. You act like a freaking 2 year old."
"Yeah, but it turns you on!" He laughed.
I too laughed, laying on my back on the bed, and stared up at the ceiling.
Tom mimicked my actions. I soon felt him searching for my hand and he took it in his.
It sent a few shivers up my spine.
"This is nice," He said, staring at the ceiling.
"I know," I replied, smiling. "I just hope nobody finds out."
"They won't."
I sat up, leaning on my elbows, looking down at him.
"But...if this gets serious at some point....we're gonna have to tell them."
He played with his lip ring. "Then we'll tell them at the right time."
I nodded. "Okay."
He smiled, staring at me.
"What?" I asked, laughing.
"How come I've never noticed before?"
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Noticed what?"
"How hot you are," He replied, grinning.
I rolled my eyes. "You know the classics, like you're beautiful or you look pretty? They're much better," I joked.
"Oh, okay. You're pretty," He said in a childish tone.
"Okay, now you're just mocking me and that's not cool." I laughed, shoving him.
He pushed me playfully, planting a kiss on me by surprise.
I put my hands on his face, and kissed him back. I felt him smiling again, just like he did yesterday. And this time, I smiled into the kiss too.
"Tom?" I said after a while, as we still continued.
"Hmm?"
"I gotta go."
"What, no," He whined, pulling away from the kiss to look at me. "Stay."
"I can't." I laughed quietly. "I have to go to Clara's. And besides, Bill and the guys can come home any minute and I'd hate for them to see us like this."
He sighed. "Ugh. You're right."
I nodded, and got off the bed. "See you, Tom."
"Wait!" He said, suddenly leaping off the bed.
"What is it?"
He grinned, and began kissing me once again. I shook my head, kissing him back, nevertheless.
And what happened next nearly sent me and Tom flying on the floor.
We heard voices, warning that Bill had arrived, along with Georg and Gustav.
"Shit," Tom mumbled. He quickly sat on the bed and grabbed a random magazine off the floor, flipping through the pages and pretending to read.
I quickly grabbed my bag, freezing in place, once the boys came into view.
"Bella?" The guys said once they saw me.
I turned to them slowly.
"S-sup guys?" I said nervously.
Bill raised an eyebrow. "How long have you been here?"
I shrugged. "Not long. In fact, I just got here."
"How come you didn't tell us you were coming over?" Gustav asked, standing next to me.
"Um," I said, trying to think of something. "I uh...I came to return this pen to Tom. I-I borrowed it from him a couple days ago," I lied, as I took out a random black pen from inside my bag.
I walked over to Tom and handed him the pen, which he took with a sort of crooked smile. "Thanks," He said.
"No problem. Well, I gotta go. See you later guys," I said quickly, waving as I walked past them. They waved back with confused expressions on their faces as I shut the door.
Once I reached the elevator, I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.
Return a pen? That's the stupidest excuse yet.
But hey, it was believable, right?
But I guess that's how it's gonna be from now on.
Because we weren't gonna let anyone know about this.
We'd just have to do everything to not let them even suspect a thing.
I knew it wasn't going to be easy. And I guess Tom did too.
And God knows how many times I had asked myself that night: How will this work?
We'd just have to manage. A lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
This means more than I ever thought it might
I'm setting out to sea tonight
Forever and ever seems so bright
But I'm setting off for her tonight.