Dance With Me in This Rain

Featuring Some Of Your Favorite Words

Three weeks had passed.
Three whole weeks it had been of Tom and I seeing each other secretly. I was so relieved no one had even suspected our little 'get togethers'. I really was.
Tom would always come by my house after I arrived from work, and we'd just stay there for hours, talking about random things and just spending time with each other.
Nothing special had happened, though. And by special I mean sex.
Sure, he'd always joke that it would be amazing and unforgettable, but I knew that he'd never pressure me into doing anything that I didn't want to do.
He wasn't like that at all.
He cared about my feelings and he said that he was willing to wait as long as I wanted for that 'right time' to happen. That made me feel even more comfortable around him.
I just felt that after 3 weeks, it was a bit too soon to do anything. I liked what we were having, and he did too.
Like I said, three whole weeks passed.
It was a Thursday afternoon, and I was helping the children paint pictures. They all begged to use paint instead of crayons or markers, so I decided to just help them and I prayed they wouldn't get any paint on the floor or their clothes.
"Kassie, honey, go wash your hands or all that paint's gonna stain your dress," I said, noticing her hands were all covered in blue and red paint.
She nodded and stood from her chair, walking over to the sink.
"Miss Bella, is there paint on my face?" Little Brandon asked, looking up at me, his nose having a small line of yellow paint.
I laughed quietly, grabbing an old white rag and wiping it off his nose. "There, now it's gone," I said with a smile.
"Thanks," He said with a wide grin. His two front teeth were missing, which I always thought was the cutest thing ever. Brandon was the kind of kid who always smiled, and not once have I seen him cry or fight with the other kids.
"No prob," I answered. I continued helping the children paint, and thankfully no one had let any of it get on the floor.
I was now at the sink, washing all the old stained rags I had used to clean paint off the kids. But then, out of no where, I heard someone calling me. I turned around, thinking it was one of the children, but I saw that they were all concentrated on their pictures.
I shrugged it off, turning back around and continued washing the rags.
"Bella!" Someone whispered loudly, causing me to drop the old rag, as it landed in the sink.
I spun around, now face to face with Tom.
I looked at him like he was crazy.
"Tom, what's the matter with you? Don't be all creepy like that!" I said, shoving him.
He laughed. "Sorry. I just thought that Clara would be here and she'd see me," He answered, shrugging.
I shook my head. "Clara didn't come today."
"She didn't? Oh, well that takes the pressure off."
"Yeah. She called me telling me she was sick and she wanted to stay in bed all day," I said, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear.
He nodded. "So what are you doing?"
"Washing the paint off these rags. The kids made a mess, but at least they didn't spill any on the floor."
"Need any help?" He asked.
I stared at him, smirking. "You want to help me?"
He shrugged, nodding.
"But I thought you were scared of kids," I said, laughing a little.
"No, I'm pretty sure that's Bill."
"Oh," I said. "Then okay. We need to get them cleaned up because their parents are gonna pick them up in half an hour."
"Okay, that seems easy," He said, shrugging.
I walked over to the kids, motioning for Tom to follow. "Kids," I said getting their attention, "This is Tom. He's gonna help you get cleaned up so that when you're mommies and daddies arrive, you'll all be ready."
The kids' heads turned towards Tom, who just stood there a bit awkwardly.
"What's that on his head?" Billie asked, pointing to Tom.
I tried not to laugh, as I looked over at Tom, who just raised an eyebrow at Billie.
"Um, dreadlocks?" He asked more than said.
"What are dreadlocks?" Kassie asked, tilting her head to the side.
"These," Tom said, taking one of his dreadlocks and holding it up for the kids to see.
"Why do you wear them?" Brandon asked curiously.
"Um...because I like to wear them."
I bit my lip, holding back a laugh. I had never seen Tom interact with children before, so this was pretty hilarious.
"Do they hurt?" Jonathan asked, standing up and coming towards Tom, staring intently at his hair.
He shook his head. "Nope."
"Can I touch them?" Jonathan said.
Tom looked at me for a second then back at Jonathan. "Sure." He bent down to Johnny's level and let him touch his dreadlocks.
"They feel funny," Jonathan said, laughing. "I want dreadlocks too!"
"Me too!" Adam said, jumping in his seat.
Tom laughed. "You gotta let your hair grow out first."
"Ohhh," They said, nodding.
Tom stood up, walking over to me. "Kids are pretty cool."
I laughed. "You like them, huh? Well that's good, cause it looks like they like you too."
"Well, I am pretty likable," He said, grinning.
I giggled, pinching his cheeks. "True."
"Okay, kids, let's get cleaned up," I said.
Tom and I began helping the kids clear up their desks and putting away the paint bottles. Tom was doing surprisingly well with them, I was actually relieved he came by the school.
Once all the kids were cleaned up and had on their backpacks, they all sat on the floor, waiting for their parents.
"How come you talk funny?" Brandon asked Tom a few minutes later.
"I'm german," He answered simply.
Brandon scrunched his nose, deep in thought. "What is that?"
Tom laughed. "It means I'm from Germany."
The kids nodded, and I just watched as they all had their eyes focused on Tom. I knew they had found him very interesting.
"Where's Germany?" They asked.
"It's in Europe," He replied. "It's a bit far from where you guys live."
"Ohh, like England!" Kassie said.
"Yeah, England's in Europe too."
"I wanna go there someday! To Germany and England!" Adam said, clapping his hands.
"I think everyone does, Adam," I said, smiling.
"Maybe I'll take you there someday," Tom said, looking at me, with a smile.
I laughed quietly. "Really?"
He nodded, taking my hand in his. "Yeah."
"Ohhhh.....I think Tom likes Miss Bella!" Brandon sang, making the other kids laugh.
I blushed, making a funny face. "Kids!"
"It's true, Miss Bella!" Kassie said. "He likes you!"
I chuckled. "Did he tell you that?" I asked, looking at him then back at the children. He grinned like a little kid.
"Yeah he did," She answered. "Tom, why don't you give her a kiss?"
The children began making kissy noises, which only made me even more embarrassed. I looked at Tom, who still grinned.
"Do you guys think I should?" He asked, looking at them.
"Yes!" They all answered, clapping.
"Tom," I mumbled. "Not in front of them!"
"But they asked me to!" He said.
I shook my head. "Tom, please."
"Kiss him, Miss Bella!" They all urged, which I thought was weird.
I didn't know what to say, and I looked over at Tom who smirked.
And suddenly, he gave me a 5 second kiss, causing the children to make 'awww' noises. I hid my face behind my dark hair.
"I did it!" Tom said, laughing. The kids clapped.
"See! Tom likes you Miss Bella!" Kassie said. "Do you like him?"
I blushed again.
"Oh, she's blushing! Yeah, that means she likes him," Kimmy said, smiling.
I shook my head at Tom, who just shrugged.
"You're so dumb," I said to him, laughing.
"I know. And you like me!" He shoved me
I rolled my eyes. Well, he was right.
A few minutes later, all the parents had arrived and the children began leaving, each smiling widely at both me and Tom before disappearing out of the building.
Once they were all gone, I walked over to Tom, catching him by surprise, as I kissed him softly, with my arms around his neck.
When I pulled away, he stared at me, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
"What was that for?" He asked, laughing quietly, as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
I shrugged. "For being here with me."
He smiled. "Why were you so embarrassed when the kids told me to kiss you?"
I laughed. "I don't know. I mean, they're kids. What do they know about kissing?"
"Alot, apparently. Kids are smart."
I nodded. "Very."
He kissed my cheek before letting go of my waist and taking me by the hand, intertwining his fingers with mine.
"Come on. I'm taking you out," He said.
I smiled, grabbing my bag. "Really, where?"
"You'll see," He said, a smile playing upon his lips.
I looked at him suspiciously, but just left it at that.
He was proving to be the most awesome person ever, and that just made me care about that german boy even more than I did before.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been hardly a moment
And you are already missed
There is still a bit of your skin
That I've yet to have kissed.

*Happy 19th Birthday, Tom & Bill<3 {09/01}