Dance With Me in This Rain

Calm Before The Storm

"Oh My God," I said slowly, as I stood next to Tom, completely stunned out of my mind.
I couldn't quite believe the scene in front of me.
He had brought me to Central Park, and not once did it cross my mind that he would go all out and make a picnic for us.
Yes, you heard right. Picnic.
I swear, it was the most beautiful thing ever. There was a checkered red and white towel on the green grass, and it even had a cute basket on top.
You know those picnics you see people making on TV? Yeah, it was exactly like that.
I looked over at Tom, thinking of something to say. Something that wouldn't screw up the romantic mood happening.
"So," Tom began, rubbing my hand with his thumb, "What do you think?"
My mouth gaped open, and I looked back at the picnic setting in front of me.
Yes, it may have been cliché as hell, but I certainly didn't care. For a boy to do this for a girl like myself, it meant something.
Something inexplicable.
"I can't believe you did this," I whispered with a smile.
He leaned in next to me, kissing my cheek softly. "See, I can be romantic."
I laughed a little. "I so wasn't expecting this. You're just so," I began thinking of a perfect word to describe him at that moment. "Unpredictable."
He grinned. "I'll take that as compliment."
"Good, because It is," I said, suddenly throwing my arms around him, nearly making us both fall on the ground.
He laughed, hugging me tightly. "I'm glad you like it. I know you're thinking that this is cliché or whatever-"
"Are you kidding? This is the most fucking romantic thing anyone has ever done for me!" I squealed, making him laugh.
"Well, you deserve it. You're amazing, Ms. Moore," He said, kissing me softly on the lips.
Jesus, I hope I don't melt.
"Okay, now. I made you sandwiches and I brought juice. Hope you don't think that's too tacky or whatever," He said, as we both sat down on the checkered picnic towel on the ground.
"It's perfect," I said with a smile.
He grinned widely, and opened the picnic basket, handing me a sandwich, which was wrapped around plastic paper.
"Aww, Tommy made sandwiches," I said.
He stuck his tongue out. "Yeah, I did. Tease me all you want," He said.
I laughed. "I'm not teasing."
"Right," He said, rolling his eyes. He began throwing little pieces of bread at me.
"Hey!" I squealed, throwing a piece of bread at him.
What began as an innocent little game, ended in a massive food fight. All the bread we threw at each other landed on the grass, which consequently attracted various pigeons. They all flew in our direction and I let out a yelp, as I jumped up from the towel.
Tom burst out laughing, watching as I ran crazily from the pigeons. I was freaking out because pigeons always scared the shit out of me, ever since I was a kid.
And being near one made me beyond scared, so you can imagine my state at that moment.
"Tom, stop laughing and get these things away from me!" I squealed, swatting the birds away. But that only made it worse, as more pigeons headed my way.
"What do you want me to do, throw the basket at them?!" He called, still laughing like an idiot.
"That's actually not a bad idea," I said.
He rolled his eyes. "Just stop running so much, and they'll stop going after you!"
"Are you kidding?! If I stop running, these things will kill me! Help me, Tom!" I whined.
He shook his head, getting off the ground and running towards me. He threw a huge piece of bread, which landed far away from where we were, and the pigeons started flying towards that direction.
I sighed in relief, panting. "Thank you," I said.
He smirked. "I never knew you were scared of pigeons," He said, snorting in laughter.
I scoffed. "How the hell was I supposed to know we'd have an encounter with them so soon?" I said sarcastically.
"Stop making me laugh, I can't breathe!" He said, holding his side.
I shook my head. "My fear is just a big joke to you, isn't it?"
He covered his mouth, calming down a bit. "Yes."
I hit his shoulder. "Idiot."
He pouted. "But you still like me, don't you?" He said in kiddy voice.
I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."
"That's not very convincing, you know. Show me you like me!" He said, laughing.
"What do you want me to do?" I asked, walking back to the picnic, which was totally ruined, thanks to the stupid pigeons.
"Kiss me, stupid," Tom joked.
I laughed, rolling my eyes. "No way. You made fun of me."
"Come on! Don't be like that. I always make fun of you," He said, sticking his tongue out.
I looked at him, mantaining a straight face. I finally sighed. "Okay. Come here," I said sweetly.
He grinned leaning in, and right when he did, I pulled his hat over his face.
I burst out laughing, as he just stood there, trying not laugh. "Not cool, Moore."
"I respectfully disagree," I replied, still laughing.
He shook his head, before shoving me, causing me to fall on the grass. "Ahh!" I shrieked, as he fell on top of me.
"Get off!" I squealed.
He laughed. "Only if you kiss me, babe," He said.
I rolled my eyes. "Give it a rest, Kaulitz. Don't you ever get tired?" I said jokingly.
He made a funny face. "No."
I smiled before bringing him down by his neck and crashing my lips on his. Yes, we were still in the middle of the park, and people who passed by stared.
And for the first time ever, I actually didn't care. I didn't care if people were staring. If it's one thing that Tom Kaulitz taught me, it's that you just can't be afraid to be yourself and not let anyone get to you.
"See, that's all I wanted," Tom said, minutes after we pulled away, with a childish grin.
I laughed, as he rolled off me. We both stared up at the sky, which was darkening every few minutes.
"Bella?" I heard Tom say beside me minutes later. He had his hands under his head, still looking up at the sky.
"Hmm?" I moved my head slightly to look at him.
"There's sort of a reason why I brought you here today, you know," He said, shifting his body, as he faced me.
I made a funny face. "Yeah? What is it?" I asked.
He bit his lower lip, as if debating whether to say whatever he wanted to say.
"I'm sort of...leaving," He finally said.
I looked at him totally confused.
Leaving? What the hell did he mean by that?
Slowly, I turned my head away, staring up at the sky again. I swallowed hard before asking, "What?"
He sat up, looking down at me. "The guys and I are going back to Germany for a tour," He replied.
I furrowed my eyebrows, chewing on my bottom lip.
Damn. Oh well, I knew this day was gonna come eventually. I didn't expect him and the guys to stay in New York forever. Stay calm, Bella.
"Oh," I said quietly, playing with my hands.
He continued staring at me, as if waiting for me to say something more.
What more could he possibly want me to say?
"So, um, you brought me here to say goodbye?" I managed to ask.
I tried to sound understanding. I mean, I wasn't gonna burst into tears begging the guy to stay.
That's not me at all and he surely knew that.
He frowned, looking at me like I had just grown another head. "What?! Hell no. Bella, I brought you here to tell you that I'm taking you with me," He said, laughing a little, as he took my hand in his.
My jaw dropped. Literally.
WHAT?!
I was pretty much lost for words at that moment.
My eyes widened and I looked at that boy, wondering if he was being serious or just playing around like his usual self.
But he wouldn't joke about something as serious as this...........would he?
"W-what?" I laughed nervously. "S-say that again. I don't think I heard right."
"Oh, you heard right. I'm taking you to Germany. You're coming with us," He said with a huge grin.
My facial expression loosened a bit and I sat up quickly.
"Are you freaking serious?" I asked in total shock.
He nodded. "Yeah."
"But...how? Um..." I was losing all words now.
"The guys all want you to come, Bella. And you know that I want you to come too."
I took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. "Tom..." I paused for a minute, staring at him.
"I-I can't just leave."
He frowned.
"Why not? You said you wanted to go to Europe, so now I'm taking you," He said, giving my hand a small squeeze.
I looked down. Tom just watched.
"But, what about work?" I asked suddenly, facing him.
"You can take some time off the coffee place and the school, can't you? Come on, Bella, this is Germany I'm talking about. Don't you wanna go?" He asked, with a look of confusion.
"Of course I do, Tom. It's just...this is all so sudden, you know? I mean, I've never left the country before."
He laughed quietly, giving my hand another squeeze. "Well now's your chance."
I smiled weakly, a little unsure about all this. I lowered my head once again, thinking of what I'd have to do if I did leave with them.
And then, Clara suddenly popped into my head.
I knew she didn't know about Tom and I, but it'd seem weird just leaving the country, especially knowing that she still held a somewhat grudge over Tom.
"Did you ever think how Clara would feel?" I asked Tom, who raised an eyebrow.
"Clara?" He said confusingly. "Why would I?"
"Tom, you two dated. Sure, she doesn't know about us. But...she's still pissed you broke up with her. How is she gonna feel knowing I'm going with you guys to Germany?"
He frowned once more, releasing my hand. "You're not seriously worried about what she'd think, are you? To her, we're all just friends. And that's why you're coming with us. But Bella, to me, you're not just my friend. You're a lot more than that. So please don't tell me you're not gonna go just because of Clara," He said, now annoyed.
I sighed, shaking my head. "I'm sorry, Tom. It's just how I feel. So, what, I'm just gonna leave her here?" I asked, holding my hands up.
"Why don't you start thinking about yourself for once instead of thinking about others? Dammit, Bella! I'm asking you to come to fucking Germany with me and you're sitting there, worried what Clara would think!" He hissed, breaking eye contact and looking straight forward.
I stared at him, slightly shocked, but all the while, knowing that he was absolutely right.
I did think about others way too much. But how could I help myself?
It's so hard to change. It really is.
He sighed frustratingly, lowering his head.
"Tom," I said barely audible.
He didn't answer. Instead, he mantained a straight face, not looking at me once.
"You're right," I said, shaking my head. "You're totally right."
He raised an eyebrow, now taking the time to look me in the eyes. "What?"
I nodded. "I am like that. And I don't blame you for getting pissed at me."
"Bella, I'm not pissed at you. I'm pissed at the situation. I just want you to come. And hey, if it means that much to you, then bring Clara along."
"Really?" I asked shockingly.
He shrugged. "Whatever. Anything to make you go."
I bit back a smile. "Need I remind you, she's still pissed."
"So? She'll forgive me, won't she?" He sighed. "Look Bella, I just wanna take you to Europe and spend as much time with you as I can without any of the guys knowing. I have nothing to do with Clara anymore and I honestly don't give a damn if she's still pissed or not," He stated rather calmly.
I nodded. "Okay. You won, Kaulitz," I said with a small laugh.
He grinned. "So you're coming?"
I nodded.
He suddenly squealed, making me laugh, as he threw his arms around me. "That's all I wanted. Now I can tell the guys you're going."
"Okay," I said, with another laugh. "And I have to tell Clara."
He smiled, taking my hand once again into his own.
Now all I had to do was convince Clara to come to Germany.
Although I don't think that girl will need any convincing.
Tom put an arm around my shoulder, as I laid my head on his chest . "Are you excited?" He soon asked, playing with my hair.
I smiled. "Hell yeah. I'm just worried..." I said, trailing off.
Tom furrowed his eyebrows. "About what?"
"What if I lose my job at the coffee place?"
Tom shook his head. "You won't lose your job, Bella. Just because you're gonna spend a few weeks away, doesn't mean you'll get fired."
"You don't know my boss, Tom," I mumbled.
"Hey, how about this. If you do get fired, you can just go on tour with us wherever we go!" He said excitedly.
"And leave the children's school? That's crazy," I said. "Besides, you guys would get easily fed up with having me around all the time."
Tom snorted, waving me off. "You don't know what you're saying, Moore. How could we ever get fed up with you?" He pinched my cheeks, as I playfully swatted his hand away.
"So it's settled. You're going to Germany. And best of all, you're going with my handsome self and those three other losers," He joked.
I laughed, beginning to feel more sure about this whole thing.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. Who wouldn't be?
I just hope the guys and Clara don't find out anything while we're there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today is a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go
Today in the blink of an eye I'm holding on to something
And I do not know why I tried.